Rant!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant!!!
Out for a potter around this evening in the car. Just got it on the road FINALLY after about 6 months, loving it. Pulled up to some lights at a roundabout, VW next to me on the inside lane, im in the 2nd lane, round the roundabout we go and the lady garden decides he wants to exit, so takes a route off the roundabout via the arse end of my car.... :evil:

He stops, then obviously bricks it so speeds off. I spin around, catch up with the wanker and he pulls into a layby. I jump out and go to his window where he locks the doors screaming that he's sorry and hes got the kid in the car...

So anyway after some exchanging of opinions through a gap in a window, his wife comes about 10 mins later and takes the kid away and we talk. He gets out and flicks a switch and blue lights come on all over the car. WTF?! 'Oh its alright mate im SE Coast Ambulance service'... 'Thats nice, why do we need the lights?!'
Twat
I got him to turn them off, just looks like I've been pulled over by an unmarked car... not necessary...

So anyway, ive got a nice bit of damage to the drivers side of my rear bumper, he has on the passenger side front bumper, so where do I stand? He left the scene of the accident, and then i suppose that was also illegal use of his blues? Damage was on the rear of my car, but no witnesses. Gotta be a good enough case yeah? Or just his word on mine?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
What a peculiar man.
Thanks given by:
Haha you drive like a cu'nt

Phone the insurance and tell them tomorrow. Then you have done everything you have to and balls in his court. Either way if he hit the back of you, it's his fault. Does mean your insurance will go up but if he was an ambulance, they will definitely report it to their insurance so if you don't, you will get f*cked.

I also find it weird that an ambulance would be an undercover car?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Tell me about it. Completely black VW golf but he had all the breifcase saying SE Coast Ambulance and paperwork pointing to the same point.
Obviously I will report to insurance, but also the police as is necessary.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Camera phone pics of the damage and your word against his but it should get settled in your favour.

Tell the police about him failing to stop and making off but i doubt theyll investigate as you now have the details and hes gone. If youd called them at the time they would of come out and should of reported him.

His blue lights are no issue as private ambulances are allowed them.

Write to his company and suggest that his behavior puts the company in a bad light
Thanks given by:
Actually would he be able to use the lights? Because he wasn't using them to get anywhere when he shouldnt be but he did make him self visible when parked at the side of the road?

Hmmm look into it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I dont dispute the fact that he has blue lights, obviously being an ambulance service car i can see their benefits. However just sticking them on for the pure shits and giggles seems a little unprofessional. If not illegal?

I got pics of damage to both cars, with number plates in shot, but writing to his company as you say is also a good shout...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
From what i can gather from wikipedia blue lights allow special exceptions to some emergency services. Such as going the wrong side of a keep left sign, or treating red lights as give way markers. It does say on wikipedia that lights are allowed to be used when traveling to an emergency or stopped at an emergency response site. Dont know if this is much to go by?

Quote:Blue flashing lights must only be lit at the scene of an emergency, or when the driver considers it desirable to indicate that the journey being undertaken is urgent,[27] and (in terms of the law) convey to other drivers that they should take special care.[28]

Although not specifically linked to the use of warning beacons, the police, fire brigade and ambulance services (and in certain cases, the blood services and bomb disposal units, but not the other emergency services listed above) may also choose to allow their drivers to claim legal exemptions from certain motoring regulations, such as being able to treat a red traffic light as a give way sign,[29] exceeding the speed limit,[30] passing the wrong side of a keep left/right sign,[31] driving in a bus lane,[32] or parking in restricted areas.[33] They may not, however, ignore "no entry" signs, drive the wrong way down a one-way street or cross a solid white line in the middle of the road (other than the same exceptions granted everyone else, for example to pass a stationary vehicle). In reality some drivers will disobey other laws at their professional judgement but they do so without any automatic protection from the law.[34] Some services, such as HM coastguard do not allow all their staff to claim all the exemptions available to them.[citation needed]

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a carbon copy of the accident I had in October. I was in the right-hand lane going straight on and the guy on my left decided to turn right from the left-hand lane, smashed into the back corner of my Golf and spun me into a kerb, sound familiar?

The prat tried to pin it on me, using the "young boy racer, speeding, driving like an idiot, showing off" angle because he's 68 with 30 years NCB. The claim was settled in my favour pretty quickly, but I had a witness. It's your word against his but it sounds pretty clear that it's his fault, and driving off won't help his case either Wink

Make sure you tell your insurers, and I'd let the law know as well...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I saw it all for the sum of 4 million pounds.

I do think that Liam has a good point of letting the police know. That way you can give the insurance a reference number and it shows your doing everything properly.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:I saw it all for the sum of 4 million pounds.

I however was in a far better position than Niall with a much clearer view of the accident, in which I believe the 3rd party is solely at fault, and I am prepared to submit my witness statement for £1,000,000! That's 75% off!
Thanks given by:
I'll do it for £3 and a BJ. f*ck you Liam! Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:I'll do it for £3 and a BJ. fornicates you Liam! Smile

Or alternatively we BOTH saw it, we get £2,000,000 each and no-one has to get a blowie off a dude?
Thanks given by:
^^ I thought hed make his missus do the BJ bit????

I dont tend to think about other men giving me a BJ if im honest
Thanks given by:
Look lads. In order to keep the peace ill do you a tenner each, a happy meal and a cheeky poke in the bum hole with a ghirkin in McDonalds carpark...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:^^ I thought hed make his missus do the BJ bit????

I dont tend to think about other men giving me a BJ if im honest

I'm not just gonna assume he has a missus dude. I always prepare for the worst!
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Look lads. In order to keep the peace ill do you a tenner each, a happy meal and a cheeky poke in the bum hole with a ghirkin in McDonalds carpark...

Do I get a choice of which toy comes with the happy meal?
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Look lads. In order to keep the peace ill do you a tenner each, a happy meal and a cheeky poke in the bum hole with a ghirkin in McDonalds carpark...
this actually made me laugh hell of alot.

But in seriousness that's an absolute shitter mate. Gutted for you
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:

Do I get a choice of which toy comes with the happy meal?

Depends if he can find a happy meal box big enough to fit his toys in!

Back on a serious note, I think I would of murdered the lady garden if he came anywhere near either of my new bumpers lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Do I get a choice of which toy comes with the happy meal?

Depends if he can find a happy meal box big enough to fit his toys in![/quote]

lol :dance:
Thanks given by:
No choice of toy, but you get either the McBumhole Nuggets or the McKnobCheese Burger. With fries, or a healthy option of my bag... of fruit.... may contain nuts....

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I liek crayons
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
On a serious note, you need to report this to the police. He has broken the law by not stopping at a scene of an accident. If you mention this to your insurance company, they will ask the question why didnt you report him.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i have nearly had the front of the 306 took off by a lady garden in a ibiza with a boot on the back, car is a local one. he decided to undercut me at a rounderbout, iam waiting on seen the car again so i can tell him to learn to f*cking drive.
Thanks given by:
Right, before i start, just gotta get this outta my system....

lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden lady garden

Rang the insurance company earlier. Pretty much unless he admits fault (yea right) it will go split liability... Each insurer will pay 50% of repair costs to both cars. I do not want to claim on mine, i have a £500 excess. So potentially im gonna lose two of my 3 years no claims if he doesnt admit fault...

Swear to god if he sees my face he better f*cking run for the hills. lady garden flap :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
How the hell does he go into the back of you, and then drive off, and your insurer wants to go 50/50? Ring them back, tell them to massively FTheirC. Did you inform the police?
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Ring them back, tell them to massively FTheirC. Did you inform the police?

This.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:No choice of toy, but you get either the McBumhole Nuggets or the McKnobCheese Burger. With fries, or a healthy option of my bag... of fruit.... may contain nuts....

McGangBang? seriously, youtube it
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:How the hell does he go into the back of you, and then drive off, and your insurer wants to go 50/50? Ring them back, tell them to massively FTheirC. Did you inform the police?

I know right?!?!

Pretty much, seeing as there were no witnesses (despite all the damage being on the rear of my car) if he says that I cut him up, which is what he started saying after i caught him, it goes 50/50...

lady gardens

How the f*ck does that work....
Beyond pissed is an accurate way of descibing how I am at the momoent....

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Surely it should work in your favour that you actually chased him, as if you were in the wrong it's not like you'd be chasing after him.

I know this isn't how insurance works, but the logical solution to anyone other than insurance companies is that it's his fault.
Thanks given by: