Boost Gauge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost Gauge
Ive bought this Boost Gauge and its got 4 wires coming out the back of it. Red, White, Orange & Black

Black = Ground
Red = Ignition Switched 12v +
White = Ignition Switched 12v +
Orange = Headlights Switched 12v+ (if you want it to turn amber when headlights are activated)

I dont want it illuminated during the day, only at night when ive got my sidelights on, and i dont want it to turn amber!

I am thinking about wiring it into the rear window heater switch...

Would i need to put one of the switched lives into a switch live, then the other (the one im presuming is for the leds) into the headlight/dash lighting, so that the lights come on with sidelights?

Hope i havnt lost anyone their, i no i am!!

Cheers
Thanks given by:
get some pics up!
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
of what lol!
Thanks given by:
HRW Switch? I dun geddit.

If you're wiring the dial somewhere near the drivers side A-pillar then there is an orange wire within the loom which you can splice into - this is interior illumination which is activated from the sidelights. If it's going near the stereo then there is an orange wire (surprise surprise, part of the same circuit) which you can splice into and use for illumination off the sidelights...

From what I can work out, you just need to decipher which wire out of the red or the white powers the LED for daytime illumination..then just don't connect it up.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Its a smoke gauge, ive realised that it has to be illuminated other wise i wont be able to see it anyway. Thick moment for myself! Just need to work out which wire i can cut into. Gauge is in the center of the car.

I just need to put the red and white wire together into the switched live on the headunit and ground.

Anyone know what colour on a hdi headunit loom is switched live and ground?
Thanks given by:
Pink is permanent, white is switched.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I just wired mine into the dimmer switch . That way it turns on with lights.
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with boost gauge Ryan'dolan 10 2,992 11-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Wiring for boost gauge philpemberton94 2 1,301 09-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Last Post: philpemberton94
  MSP430 Boost Gauge Eeyore 12 3,328 04-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore