Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D
I used to bump my car every day, why buy a battery when you live on a hill Tongue hehe

Can you tell im a farmer yet? Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Christ, thought everyone had heard about this, blew the head off heading back up the m4.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
oh mega fail...

or mega troll Huh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Blew it right off? I find that hard to beleive, although if that happens the only word i can think of is HERO!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Oh, hope not and its troll troll troll lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
That was a troll........almost but it is dead Sad

The drive down to combe all went well, I parked it up on the stand saturday morning no problem then went to satrt it at the end of the day, some electrical issues prevented it starting even from a jump from ginge. After it was pushed from some of you (thanks by the way, lol) it started and the water level was bubbling away with the revs, not good.
I set off for home planning a slow and careful journey but as soon as I left the site the temp just started going crazy as did most of the gauges (this was all linked to the same electrical problem). I parked up and discovered that all of te coolant had left the engine bay through the rad cap, not good again. So I called for recovery Sad While waiting for the AA I discovered a looses earth strap to the gearbox which solved all of the electrical problems but as the recovery truck was on the way I thought it best just to get it home without causing further damage.
Sunday, fitted the matrix hoses (thanks Piggy) and bled the system, all seemed good, got it up to temp, no pressure in the system.
Today, drove to work, temp barely got to 80*, nice and warm in the car, all good again! 5 o'clock came and I started to drive home, within minutes the temp was at 90* and rising! Pulled over to discover that it had found a new leak on one of the hoses by the block, queue the AA again. Got home and refilled the system and took it for a drive, temp stayed below 80 again but when I got home there was steam coming from under the bonnet, it had found itself another weak point on one of the hoses coming from the rad. The top rad hose was harder to squeeze than a pair of nuns tits. HG gone! No oil in water or water in oil but defo hg!

So, plan is to fix the estate this weekend (gearbox exploded) and source another dt engine and do it properly. I've just ordered victor reinz head gasket set and I'm going ahead with a set of forged rods I've been quoted £850 for and going for a full rebuild.

Love this picture!

Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Gutted for you buddy!
Onwards and upwards to bigger and better I'm sure though!
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 08:30 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: Gutted for you buddy!
Onwards and upwards to bigger and better I'm sure though!

Exactly mate! It was bound to happen, just thought it may last a it longer than a week and a half!!! lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
But it was f*cking fun when it worked right?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 08:37 PM)Tom Wrote: But it was f*cking fun when it worked right?

Oh, yes! The power was just there from the moment you touched the pedal then at 3.5-4k rpm you just get pinned to your seat and within seconds you are breaking laws if your not careful!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Totally worth it!!!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ahh man, bad news about the HG, think of it as a trial run I suppose?

Least it didn't spit a rod Wink

Props for going ahead with forged rods, seems pretty expensive for a set though, I know they're mega £££ but thought they'd be a little bit cheaper than that?

Biggest dilemma now though - what colour you going to paint the new block?
Thanks given by:
Thinking about it, are you sure you've not lifted the head, rather than plain HG issues?
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 08:26 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Love this picture!

Staring at girls arses will make you go blind lol

Shitter about the motor mate...onwards and upwards Smile

Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 09:02 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Ahh man, bad news about the HG, think of it as a trial run I suppose?

Least it didn't spit a rod Wink

Props for going ahead with forged rods, seems pretty expensive for a set though, I know they're mega £££ but thought they'd be a little bit cheaper than that?

Biggest dilemma now though - what colour you going to paint the new block?

The cheapest I was getting was £750 but the turn around would be around 12 weeks!! I may keep looking a bit more yet though!

Lol, yea colour choice is defo a dilemma, its got to look fresh without looking naf when it inevitably gets oil all down it!!

(16-09-2013, 09:07 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: Thinking about it, are you sure you've not lifted the head, rather than plain HG issues?

I did think that tbh, but in my mind was when Bengly had the car he had all sorts of issues with the head on this so it may well just be gone, I'll give it a nip up but I'm not expecting much!!

(16-09-2013, 09:15 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(16-09-2013, 08:26 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Love this picture!

Staring at girls arses will make you go blind lol

Shitter about the motor mate...onwards and upwards Smile

lol Thats it mate, it's all a learning curve, just a pita it went so quick!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
If its head issues are you running ARP head studs?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good to see you this weekend mate! What a shame about the car, I'm glad to see you still have the enthusiasm to get it done though, I'll be following this with a close eye!
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 10:16 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: If its head issues are you running ARP head studs?

No mate, completely stock, thats what I mean I was expecting this to happen, just not as quick as this!!!

(16-09-2013, 10:21 PM)Scott Wrote: Good to see you this weekend mate! What a shame about the car, I'm glad to see you still have the enthusiasm to get it done though, I'll be following this with a close eye!

You too bud Smile I'm not giving up on this for anything even if I have to start putting kidneys in the parts section!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
lol

Thanks given by:
shame about this...but it did last longer than my 2.1 HG!

does seem almost double the price I had been quoted for xud forged rods...but kudos for it either way!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 07:03 AM)Piggy Wrote: shame about this...but it did last longer than my 2.1 HG!

does seem almost double the price I had been quoted for xud forged rods...but kudos for it either way!!

Can you pm me the company you got your quote from please chap. Cheers

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
flippin ek...was over a year ago...will try n dig it out
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just read about all this. Good to see it got to FCS, damn shame it had all these problems, I think it was probably just about surviving with the TD04 since I sorted the coolant leaks but I guess that extra power just tipped it over the edge Sad

Looks like it will be awesome when you do get it working, would love to have a ride in it some time!
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
Thanks given by:
any update on this?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No update worth noting really. I drove it up to Matt's last week and will be starting the teardown this week hopefully. Just been mega busy with work plus I don't have the all the parts to get it back together yet.

@Ben yes mate. I reckon it was due to go, just hoped it would last a bit longer! Lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Finally an update - even if it is a small one!

Began the strip down today at last. Just haven't had the time lately but she's not been forgotten!

Front end off

Bits on the floor! lol

How she looks now, very sad!! Even had to take a wing off as I couldnt fit through the gap between the car and fence!

Need to sort out a hoist now to get the engine out to be stripped down. Debating on whether to buy or hire as I have a feeling it may be out again rather a lot!!

I'm going to be buying Jacko's engine from here to run for now while the rebuild takes place!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
What spec is Jacko's engine? Anything fruity?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Lol, not really fruity but it was fully rebuilt and has a high lift cam which will end up in the new engine! Just want the thing running again, I really miss the noise!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
hehe, this noise? Only with high boost charger as was only running at half speed in this video lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbpN4XnJg48
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2013, 08:22 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: hehe, this noise? Only with high boost charger as was only running at half speed in this video lol

Thats the one!!!!!!! I ran it up this morning before I started stripping it down, had to turn it off due to a lack of tissues! You made a start yet on your chap???

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Londondan's HDi Cabby Project londondan86 11 7,209 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,543 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Londondan's Smoothed Stage 2 HDi Estate 152bhp RR Vid inside! londondan86 50 29,132 23-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: RJDubya