Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D
Good to see some proper ninja work going on lol

Makes sense why you didn't want to spill the beans!

Epic work mate, can't wait to see some videos of it up and running now Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2013, 10:33 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Good to see some proper ninja work going on lol

Makes sense why you didn't want to spill the beans!

Epic work mate, can't wait to see some videos of it up and running now Smile

Alright chap, how's it going!! Yea wanted to keep it quiet until I had actually made a start. It should be running tomorrow assuming I can get what I need from the scrappy. There are a few bits that really need doing though before it can go on the road though.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Just drop me a pm / call if you need a hand with anything chap.

That turbo should be FINE in terms of lag, I ran a bigger one at one point before i went twins with that setup. As long as the pump has capacity, and the exhaust isnt restrictive, it will make good power / an insane noise Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 07:49 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Just drop me a pm / call if you need a hand with anything chap.

That turbo should be FINE in terms of lag, I ran a bigger one at one point before i went twins with that setup. As long as the pump has capacity, and the exhaust isnt restrictive, it will make good power / an insane noise Tongue

Legend mate, cheers. I'll see where I get to by end of play today but may take you up on that Smile
The turbo just looks a bit small there! I can see why people say not to box mount the td04 now. But yea should make good power. I'm only looking to run sensible-ish boost until I can get some decent supporting mods in the engine like studs, rods, etc.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Well the day started off really well, got all the hoses and bits I needed from the scrappy. Next I connected the intercooler, oil lines to the turbo and wiring loom. I turned the engine over by hand a few times to check belt tracking and then got ready to motor the engine to prime the turbo. Then things went down hill of an electrical nature.
When I turn the key one click I get the battery light on dim, oil light even dimmer and the glow plug light even dimmer again! I've checked all the earths and other connections but still the same problem. I think the loom may have a break in it somewhere which has really pissed me off as I can't get another til next week as I'm at work. Sad

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Have you relocated the battery?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 08:56 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Have you relocated the battery?

Yea, battery in the boot with bmw 328 battery cable from back to front, earth from battery to chassis

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Have you double checked earth from engine to body? Or if you've got jump leads you can use one to go from battery to front to rule out your cables. I had some issues with my battery relocation, mostly crappy connections and earths.

So happy to see this setup going back on the road, nothing beats the sound of a supercharger Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Mine wouldn't work until I ran 23mm2 cable both ways. The chassis didn't earth it properly.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Mines always been fine using chassis, just make sure you have good connections, put a jump lead between a GOOD earth on the engine and a GOOD earth on the body, do you have full power to inside elecrtical stuff? bacause all the stuff you described is on engine loom, which suggests engine ground to me Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yep everything inside the car works, cd player, heaters, windows, locking, etc. I put a jump lead from the engine anchor point to the chassis but made no difference. Really ticked me off as I had to start taking stuff off again to recheck cables to and from starter motor and alternator. It probably is something really stupid!

THis is whaere I did get to today before loads had to come back off again

Bloody snug fit around the rad on that charger!

The beasty! Need to get some more 8mm silicone for a boost gauge pre and post charger.

The mahoosive crank pulley, Ill try and get a pic of the original and this together tomorrow

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I likee Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Have you put small panel / lights in yet? Got a feeling that pipe will foul, I had to cut a section out the headlight / use a sharper bend than that on mine, and yes, its tight against the rad, oil filters from underneath from now on!

Also with the crank pulley, have you cut the "lip" off the cam belt cover behind it? as it will touch that otherwise, just cutting the lip off worked fine on mine Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Looking good man, nice to see it going to a good home. I neglected it since buying the golf Sad
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
Thanks given by:
A
W
E
S
O
M
E
!
Thanks given by:
Well its update time!!! First start vid to follow shortly Big Grin

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Winner!
Thanks given by:
Epic! Nice work man!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Yay videos!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff mate, as zx_volcane says, its good to see that this setup has gone to another forum member, and is clearly going to make it back to road use. Looking forward to the videos. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As promised some major updates.

The battery connection just turned out to be a bad earth in the boot so I just attacked it with the dremel to get the whole area back to bare metal. She then jumped into life for me to prime the turbo.

This is the very first start with the fuel pump solenoid connected. The charger belt tensioner was in the wrong position causing some slip, hence all the noise!

I then rectified this and went for another start, much much better thi time as you can see! And what a noise, the camera doesnt do it justice as I'm sure Darren will confirm!!!

Next was a start with the system full of water, and this is genuinely the first time I have had a 306 part to this state where there has not been a single leak of any kind! Still need somewhere for the washer bottle though!!!

Next as Darren prdicted in his last post the slam panel was miles out so had to heavily attack it with the grinder as well as chop out a big chunk from the headlight!

It then fitted!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
woohoo!

nice work! must be a great feeling! I hoping for that soon with mine!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 04:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: woohoo!

nice work! must be a great feeling! I hoping for that soon with mine!

Cheers bud. Smile After such a downer from last week with the electrical issue it truly was epic!!!

Still to do:

Fit header tank in (somewhere)
Sort gear linkages as something is fowling
Sort exhaust as its just the elbow connected at the moment, hence the smoke!
Fit front end
Enjoy!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
its super cool. good to know darrens epicness lives on too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Awesome! Bet you can't wait to drive it
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 05:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: its super cool. good to know darrens epicness lives on too

This!

(17-08-2013, 05:07 PM)Frosty Wrote: Awesome! Bet you can't wait to drive it

Too true, shes not ready for the road just yet though!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Smile

Pump sounds like it needs some work, didnt look to responsive, but could just be max fuel backed out lots...

So happy to see this in use again somewhere else, if you think that charger sounds epic now, wait until your making60psi at 6krpm, you will make a small mess in your pants Tongue
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 05:55 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Smile

Pump sounds like it needs some work, didnt look to responsive, but could just be max fuel backed out lots...

So happy to see this in use again somewhere else, if you think that charger sounds epic now, wait until your making60psi at 6krpm, you will make a small mess in your pants Tongue

Rofl Yea pump defo needs a tinker, max fuel is wound right out at the mo. I can't wait to get this thing on full chat now but I want to get a spare engine over the coming weeks to fully rebuild with some forged goodies, been getting a few quotes in this week. Then I will be a fully paid up member of team chronic boost! lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Deffo making me wanna man up and do something with mine I have to admit, but this is epic anyways.

Ull have to make sure at shows you write up about it / make it obvious that its NOT my car, as people will be might confused otherwise!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 06:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Deffo making me wanna man up and do something with mine I have to admit, but this is epic anyways.

Ull have to make sure at shows you write up about it / make it obvious that its NOT my car, as people will be might confused otherwise!

lol, get on with it matey!! We need that beast back on boost!!

Yea, will do chap, besides I think people will realise when I wont leave it and will have the most cheesy grin on my face that cant be removed!!!! Plus once you have yours there too there wont be any confusion!!! (Hint hint!!)

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Londondan's HDi Cabby Project londondan86 11 7,209 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,542 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Londondan's Smoothed Stage 2 HDi Estate 152bhp RR Vid inside! londondan86 50 29,132 23-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: RJDubya