Raspberry Pi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi
(10-09-2012, 09:16 PM)Niall Wrote: Scott were having a beer, curry and geek out evening round mine when it turns up....in 12 weeks Sad

you ordered it from RS you dumb ass
farnell has a better stock delivery time
Thanks given by:
Farnell in the end mate because of rs delivery times
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
farnell were saying 3 weeks when i ordered mine but stock was allocated by email then delivered within 3 days Wink
Thanks given by:
Still haven't had the stock allocation email. You must of got lucky!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
So ive got mine and got it all hooked up to my tv.
For those of you that are thinking of one, a blackberry charger works perfectly with these. Im currently running Debian on it which is what they suggest to start with. Now looking into some other software to have on it for a car pc Big Grin Dont know where im going to install my 7" touchscreen yet!
Nice thing is, the Type B (this one) draws 500mA which is f*ck all so you could have it on a permanent live if you use your car a fair bit so its instantly on when you switch the car on unlike 90% of all other car computers. Ill probably just put mine on a timed relay over a long period
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
http://m.engadget.com/2012/09/13/superco...-and-lego/

:-D
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
The developers at work were geeking it up with one of these the other day, you can get smart little acrylic cases for them as well.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Just read this which i thought might be of interest to you guys..

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/20/raspb...-overvolt/
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I reckon I'll be ordering one of these when I get back off holiday as a HTPC! It'll be much nicer than having to mess about with the PS3 or 360 for playing media on the TV, plus I won't need to worry about having to transcode MKVs or anything.

I'll also finally be able to put my Logitech Harmony One remote to good use Big Grin

Yes, I'm a massive geek.
Thanks given by:
Is there a decent stereo app for these? Can you use external hard drive? And could you get android on one?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think there's a project to get android running on it. You can use an external HDD as it has USB ports. XBMC is a good music player interface [ http://xbmc.org/skins/aeon/ ] though as you'll be using a Linux based OS (most likely Debian) you'll be able to use any one of the music players for linux which you can use to sync music to your ipod etc.
Thanks given by:
Scott ive got XBMC on mine at the moment and its quality. Need to get a case for it, tuck it away as a media centre then buy another for the car lol.
Oh have you found a usb remote receiver thats works with the harmony? I did think this but haven't really looked into it. Saying that mine needs reprogramming as everythings changed!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
dont update it via the xmbc interface there is a bug that puts it into a reboot loop
as i found out had to fdisk the card and start again

im using a wirless keyboard as a remote for my media centre
if you enable the http controls it makes a webpage that you can control xmbc via a network connected laptop Wink
Thanks given by:
cully im having a issue with my plugins on XBMC where it wont connect to the net. Ive got one which is like spotify where i can listen to music online. search anything and it just returns 0 results
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
there are lots of plugs that dont work as they arent ported over to the RPI's XMBC
keep looking and you will find good plugs that do work

try Navi-x its a cracking plug for live tv streaming and more
http://code.google.com/p/navi-x/
Thanks given by:
Nial just out of interest how much did you pay? I could maybe get a group buy on for these as I don't pay anywhere near the prices listed on farnell website
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
29.95 delivered to the door.
Im after 2 more and i know scott and fooby both want 1 or more
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Leave it with me! Iam sure we could get that for a lot less than that, and we get premier delivery times as well lol
Thanks given by:
id also be interested in one too...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Jonny can you give a rough idea on group buy prices? PM me if you want Smile I'm interested in getting maybe two at the moment anyway, so if I can get them cheaper that would be win.
Thanks given by:
Was going to pm a couple of ya anyways Scott, ill have a word with our purchaser tomorow, but we get special pricing due to the fact we spend around 20 grand a week with them lol we ha ha
Thanks given by:
Yeah Jonny ill defferntly have one! Depending on price maybe 2!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So if I bought one I could connect it to my tv and use my nexus 7 as a remote? Then it will play all on demand channels etc
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Awesome Jonny, cheers! Smile
Thanks given by:
Right at the mo cheapest I can get it is £21 but on back order, I can get it for £23 elsewhere but next day delivery, seems everywhere that sells them do so. With very small profit margins as they are so popular at the moment, my guy from farnell' cem team is getting back to me tomorow he is sure he can better the price, next day as well don't know why people are waiting weeks from farnell! They could deliver me 100 tomorow if I wanted lol
Thanks given by:
J, if you can get them for that price then i'm interested. can pick it up at the ace meet
Thanks given by:
i got mine from Farnell. They told me 3 weeks but was here in 3 days!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
At that price I'll have a go at making an in car computer!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
If it's sub 20 then I'll probably be down for 3!
Thanks given by:
for a media player
XMBC with the navi-x and bbci,itv,4od,5od plugs is all you will ever need
unlimited films, live sports channel, on demand tv viewing heaven

oh thats PPV chanels too Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raspberry pi. Talk to me. ginge191 7 1,947 20-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore