Sportex Exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportex Exhaust
hey guys. At the moment ive got a standard gti6 backbox and a home made straight through pipe which is blowing at both ends and at the welds in the centre.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-...3f1beec538

It sounds pretty good at present with a decat and straight through centre section but with the sportex back box will it make it too noisy? Or will it be quieter once the blowing in 4 places is stopped. I presume itll stop the noise in the centre and put more out of the back box. The centre pipe with silencer is about £40 more which makes it a bit more than what i want to spend!

Also that listing is for 2.0 models but i presume it will fit the 1.8 as my current box has the same hangars? Im pretty sure the 6 and 1.8 have the same centre pipe and its only the cats that are different lengths? Also how does it work as the tip seems to come out at an angle. Does it stick out at an angle in real life or does it come out at the normal angle? D:

Thanks
Sam
Thanks given by:
It'll be pretty bloody loud... My last system was straight through to the backbox and most of the Southern members can vouch for how offensive that was. Plus Sportex aren't exactly known for their subtlety.

They all have the same hangers... I'm not sure but I would have thought it'll fit fine.

It won't sit at an angle, a lot are angled to get them centred at the back.
Thanks given by:
Mine on the xsi was killer. Most of the uk can vouch Tongue but mine was a big note sportex can.
Ears will bleed!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I forgot about yours! Yeah that was epic. Although no good for conversations... Or ears in general really
Thanks given by:
Danny (midnightclub) has a full sportex on his '6, and thats fooking loud, sounds epic tho.
not at all quiet, very offensive, but thats the way i like it!
yours sounded pretty good on the dyno at fcs, but you BADLY need to sort those blows out. smear the f*ck out of it with gun gum and take it from there man. itll quieten it down with less blows.

also matt, you had a sportex? thats not the one i got of you is it?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
i think ill go for the straight through race pipe but keep the standard back box or find a shinier one at least. Makes it look a bit more sleeper and will stop the plod from having a nosy (if theyre deaf). Also itll save me £100 haha.
Thanks given by:
Sam nah the sportex was worse than the one you have, I changed it about 2weeks after owning as literally couldn't hear anything.

The back box you now have is pretty much a straight though lol
Thanks given by:
good idea sam, that should sound pretty sweet when you floor it Smile

ahhh furry muff, was gunna say, didnt look like a sportex or anything! i miss the noise Sad

might weld it to the volvo ...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Hahahha do it!!! Or wait give it a couple of weeks Wink
Thanks given by:
I have to say I got the zorst properly sealed today as its always been blowing from somewhere and driving around normally it is much quieter now, at full chat it is offensive though.. as in able to set off car alarms offensive lol worth the money though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ok sorted Big Grin Just ordered a sportex race tube for the 1.8 Big Grin Should sound a lot better when its all sealed up!
Thanks given by:
They sound miles better once properly sealed! Journey to work today.. my ears aren't bleeding when i got there, great success!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
well.... it still hasnt come... ebay updated the order status to dispatched today... so its taken them 5 days to dispatch it and with the 5 days delivery time it could easily miss me completely as ill have gone back to uni. Also the exhaust sealant and clamps are due to arrive the day after i leave for uni Sad
Thanks given by:
Uni gets in the way of everything! Undecided
Thanks given by:
well thats odd.... the ehxuast arrived this morning after the van drove past 4 times and so did my sealant and clamps! Big Grin Now i just need mine (and toms) jacks which are stuck under the HDI along with the axle stands!
Thanks given by:
If I come over I'll bring my stands.....and we have standard (cheese) jacks!
Thanks given by: