Insulting Bastards!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insulting Bastards!!!
Girlfriends 106 1.1 96 was smashed into last month crushing the chassis leg, wing headlight bonnet ect.

The car was purchased for £300 needing a new beam.

New beam with new brakes, fitting kit and cables
Wing mirror
Clutch
Downpipe and Cat
Both driveshafts
Wheel Bearing
Balljoints and wishbone bushes
Coilpack
Rear light unit
Full service with new plugs the works
Rocker cover gasket
New headgasket only afew months before we got it

Got the value from the insurance company sent a cheuque for...........£270
Yes Two hundred and Seventy f*cking quid

Bare in mind it also has 9 months MOT and Tax'd till November(now been sat in a garage for over a month wasting the tax that could be refunded)

And they have the umost cheek to charge 1500 a year TPFT.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Argue it. You could get double that. They just try their luck.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
But that IS the market value of the car, regardless of anything you've done to it!!

I do know the first time is usually a 'testing water' quote though, but after 2 they don't usually go any higher......
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2012, 12:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: But that IS the market value of the car, regardless of anything you've done to it!!

I do know the first time is usually a 'testing water' quote though, but after 2 they don't usually go any higher......
Not true. If you really believe its worth more after 2 quotes, if you can go to them with ads of similar cars for the value you want, they should pay up more..they just try their luck with people who don't realise that it isnt the final sum! They have enough money out of you so get as much back.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What niall said.

But if that fails, ra*e their dog.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
They dont car what MOT & Tax it has or new parts etc.. Argue it, and see what they say.. you will at least get a better offer than the one you already have lol
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Sounds pretty average to me, you paid £300 on it, did some work to it & got £270 back after an already low value vehicle has depreicated more during the course of a year

No matter how much you do to a vehicle, you'll only ever get market value back.

Mate of mine wrote off a EP3 type R with full custom paint, wheels etc & got £1400 back, was an 03 plate.

It'd be worth giving them a ring & asking when the other half comes through, Ed got another £200 on top before he accepted the £1400 settlement.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I am not expecting to get a grand back but show me a car with such work done with Tax and Mot for that money cos ill be straight on it.

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Regardless of the work done to it, that doesn't come into play at all unfortunately, it's all general maintenance that unforuntately sounds like you've had to do in one go as it's been previously neglected
Thanks given by:
Apologies if I'm wrong here but surely if the car was written off they have to give you the option of having the car replaced to one as similar as possible with like year mileage etc? Cause someone I know was in an accident and that was one of her options along with money or repair...
Thanks given by:
Not really its got folders of work been done. Things such as mirrors lights ect were replaced as they were just tatty and let the look of the car down. Parts replaced were also done as they were likely to go sooner but while I was doing other bits it made sence to change them then.

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
It doesnt make a difference to the insurance, whats market value for a phase 2 Dturbo for example. i had listed lots of mods with insurance and went through all costs with estimator after my crash. for eg brembo conversion £400, Morrette £250 £carbon bonnet £400 etc etc etc but...

The third party insurance rang me after they came out to value it and even with all mods they paid out £2009 for my blaze 306 which was first offer, but was happy with it as just wanted money asap and got to buy car back for £68

I ended up buying a minter with shite bodywork for £650

what would be cost of repair??

I would complain about that first offer r kid did and it jumped from 900 to 1400 when his celica got wrote off. get onto them!!

plus sending tax disk back you lose more than a month either way pal, i taxed the blaze 5 days before it got wrote off and sent it off straight after and lost a few months piss take!!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
in the past i bought a mazda 323 paid £200 spent £1200 on it and it got crashed in to and i argued for about 3 months started off at the first offer of £500 but i refused it every time in the end i received £1413...... just keep fighting for more

Thanks given by:
Not sure what cost of repair would it it would need a new front chassis leg down the whole passenger side also the bulkhead is kinked

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
its scrap. you cant replace a chassis leg on a 106 so its repair only and that wouldnt be sensible. if its crashed again it would be much weaker and 106s arnt good in a crash at the best of times!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  you get some sad bastards in this world! procta 20 5,028 06-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Last Post: procta