Anti Rollbar Links

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Rollbar Links
Ive recently put coilovers on my dtub and are now havin problems with the anti rollbar links i.e ones snapped(plastic ones)bought a new pair tried fittin em tonight and the arsehole things wont line up either side.Anyone help please?????????????
Thanks given by:
Have you got both sides jacked up at the same time or doing one side at a time? If you leave one side down on the ground, it can be a pain to get it in (giggidy).
Jack the other side up or use a crowbar to leaver the arb into place.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You can do yourself some real damage if the anti-roll-bar 'twangs' and you have your hand in the wrong place, whilst for instance you are fitting coilovers to an mx5.

Nearly lost my finger! Some would call it incompetence, I call it learning.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 08:10 PM)Niall Wrote: Have you got both sides jacked up at the same time or doing one side at a time? If you leave one side down on the ground, it can be a pain to get it in (giggidy).
Jack the other side up or use a crowbar to leaver the arb into place.

Yeah cars on a ramp so both sides are jacked up.Tried that and more besides still having no joy,ive now left it on the ramp and said f**k it and come home,problem is ive got mots to do tomorrow with it still in bitsDoh

(04-09-2012, 08:16 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: You can do yourself some real damage if the anti-roll-bar 'twangs' and you have your hand in the wrong place, whilst for instance you are fitting coilovers to an mx5.

Nearly lost my finger! Some would call it incompetence, I call it learning.

This one broke going down the road so yes an injury avoided.Just a headache now knowing what to do.
Thanks given by:
Disconnected both? If both are off, the arb should move quite freely ( well there will be some resistance from where the mounts are holding it). If you still can't get both on, it's either a bent arb or something else damaged!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 08:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Disconnected both? If both are off, the arb should move quite freely ( well there will be some resistance from where the mounts are holding it). If you still can't get both on, it's either a bent arb or something else damaged!

Yeah disconnected both,nothing appears damaged,as mentioned ones now snapped,all went together perfect 1st time round.
Thanks given by:
Are you 100% you're fitting them both the correct way around? Also when you say the car is on a ramp, do you mean on ramps so you can get underneath or do you mean wheels are off and it's jacked up either side?
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 08:29 PM)Scott Wrote: Are you 100% you're fitting them both the correct way around? Also when you say the car is on a ramp, do you mean on ramps so you can get underneath or do you mean wheels are off and it's jacked up either side?

Yeah on a ramp that you can walk around underneath the car.well i should hope ive got them on correctly bin working on cars now for 20+ yearsSmileThink its just a case of em being an arse,just cant understand why it went like clockwork when i put them on 1st time round?
Thanks given by:
so does the arm move when there are no links connected? its almost like one strut is shorter than the other but cant see how that could happen without noticing!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol fair enough. You say that, but when my old 6 was lowered I did one side and someone else did the other. The tracking felt way out when I was driving so when I got home I took both wheels off and compared, and the side done by a friend had had the droplink fitted the wrong way, which was pulling the ARB out of alignment.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 08:42 PM)Niall Wrote: so does the arm move when there are no links connected? its almost like one strut is shorter than the other but cant see how that could happen without noticing!

No,dont think the struts are different lenghts.Yeah when the rollbar links are removed the strurt moves freely,one thing i do know is that there is a small piece welded to the arm but that lines up where the strut fits in the bottom,so surely with this in mind you cant fit em wrong???

(04-09-2012, 08:44 PM)Scott Wrote: Lol fair enough. You say that, but when my old 6 was lowered I did one side and someone else did the other. The tracking felt way out when I was driving so when I got home I took both wheels off and compared, and the side done by a friend had had the droplink fitted the wrong way, which was pulling the ARB out of alignment.

WHOOPS!!!! Last thread i sent to Niall i mentioned that there is a piece of metal welded to the arm which allows you to only align it one way but have noticed that now for some reason it doesnt sit flush at the bottom where as i did before.
Thanks given by:
you can fit them the wrong way round but they wont last 5 minutes. they will get bent all over the place as soon as you start full locking. are both shocks the same make?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 08:57 PM)Niall Wrote: you can fit them the wrong way round but they wont last 5 minutes. they will get bent all over the place as soon as you start full locking. are both shocks the same make?

Yeah they are.Brand new out of the boxes.
Thanks given by:
And are the coilies on the wrong sides? The tab on the rear for the droplink should be towards the rear of the car.

Also, with your coilies you may be having problem just getting the bottom part of the droplink into the ARB because the lower arm is now in the way/blocks acess. Do the botom up first.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear anti roll bar Tidoh2016 3 1,556 02-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Tidoh2016
  URGENT! anti roll bar stuck! philpemberton94 12 3,013 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
Rainbow Anti roll bar bushes ARB Welshy_Pete 9 2,584 13-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mspdan