F**King locking Wheel nuts :@

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F**King locking Wheel nuts :@
Well the plan was to sell my wheels today to a meber off here went to take them off this is were it all went rong the i didnt look at the key and first locking wheel nut come off fine, second one it just span off tried a few more times and thats it key wouldnt locate any more i looked at key and one of the prongs had moved about 1mm so now i look on you tube and it says smash a socket on did this and it just snaped the head off so now ive got 3 wheels to some how remove the locking nuts can any one help ive tryed drilling them but its killed every drill bit ive got now im stuck what can i do?????

[Image: lockingwheelnut.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Go to a garage and ask them to remove them for you? Some have impact sockets with a reverse thread, that's all i did, they were even nice enough to do it for free!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A useful moment for you... I have the proper locking wheel but removing socket with the reverse thread... It's in my dads garage he's on holiday I'm at work all day and my clutch cable snapped anyway. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can you not now pull that wheel off? It's hard to see what's left in the hole.

Tension should be gone off the bolt if so.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Those locking nuts with prongs are shit! Lucky I got two keys with mine on the 1.8, snapped one key completely, then took the other to the garage, where they just hammered it on anyway.....it got stuck in the last nut (lucky it was the last one!) so just binned the lockers lol.

Need bolt extractor to remove that.....your local garage will more than likely have one, shame its a weekend!!
Thanks given by:
You need a chisel and hammer it happend to me. I can come help u out if you want, I'm free all day tomorrow.

Might be able to pop up this evening aswell.
Thanks given by:
i carnt see how can get a chisel in with out damageing the alloys??...... basicly the bit of the bolt that is left is the bit that the key conects in to (were the prongs sit) thats whats left the top bit has snaped off the wheel wont pull off cos of the bits that left, i carnt get drill bits to do owt.... some one said weld a bolt to it but im just stuffed un till garages open unless any one can get it off for me i also gota get the other 2 of the other side Undecided

Thanks given by:
U need to tape it up around the alloy. Then get a chisel to make a dent, so that u than can get a flat head screw driver on it and hit it anti clockwise so it starts to unscrew you just gotta be gentle.
Thanks given by:
i tried to get chisel in but no luck?? either im useless or its just not happening

Thanks given by:
I can come help you out tomorrow if u want?
Thanks given by:
your more than welcome to come and have a look text me mate 07523 907280 just spent £16.99 on locking not removal tool and it wont grab hold of them Angry

Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 02:51 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: your more than welcome to come and have a look text me mate 07523 907280 just spent £16.99 on locking not removal tool and it wont grab hold of them Angry

I expect that's why it isn't working... Tongue sorry i couldn't help myself
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2012, 02:57 PM)Midnightclub Wrote:
(26-08-2012, 02:51 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: your more than welcome to come and have a look text me mate 07523 907280 just spent £16.99 on locking not removal tool and it wont grab hold of them Angry

I expect that's why it isn't working... Tongue sorry i couldn't help myself

LOL locking NUT removal tool

Thanks given by:
You need a nut/stud extractor set.

Did it loosen atall?
If it loosened a little do the other 3 wheel nuts up proper tight and thatll help take some of the tension off the snapped one to make it easier to undo.

The pug nuts are proper shite TBH, thats another one of my excuses for the stud conversion.
Thanks given by:
There now off had a mate weld a bolt to them and they come straight out what a ball ache! wont be using that type of locking nut agin!!

Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 12:14 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: There now off had a mate weld a bolt to them and they come straight out what a ball ache! wont be using that type of locking nut agin!!

Glad there sorted mate Smile

Did u got get the cyclones off ash?
Thanks given by:
Yer just sat in shed at min waiting to be painted orange is to bright lol

Thanks given by:
got this at work, does the job pretty well as long as theres something for the tool to grab onto
http://www.manchester-hardware.co.uk/pro...598-p-7719
Thanks given by:
Yer that very simela to what I bought but there wasnt enougt to grab on to

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Locking wheel nut key.....f@c# you, you bar steward. turkish 30 5,689 02-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Last Post: SupaStar88
  F**king LOL! Ed Doe 21 4,356 04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  help with choosing locking wheel nuts kingy 20 3,707 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii