This could be the end

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This could be the end
From another point of view.. We all hate insurance companies but won't they have something to say about the amount off modded vehicles they void claims on and the extra money they charge for having these mods covered.. Just means they will lose money in that section
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 07:10 PM)Jonny b Wrote: The modifying business is a multi million if not billion pound scene just wouldn't be done

I read somewhere this country spends not far off £1,000,000,000 a year on modifications.

Or was it £100,000,000

However bloody much it is. Still a lot of moola.
Thanks given by:
No doubt if we spent 10% less our economy would be booming 10% faster.
Thanks given by:
But we may have to downtune the economy first
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 07:28 PM)Scott Wrote: No doubt if we spent 10% less our economy would be booming 10% faster.

But your forgetting the extra 7.78% drag, people out of jobs would make.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That's not how it works though. You're just showing your lack of understanding
Thanks given by:
Not just loss through mods but how much more economical all these cars would be without the mods, thats alot of tax on the fuel and all other related servicing etc.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 08:20 PM)Scott Wrote: That's not how it works though. You're just showing your lack of understanding

Your just so jealous arnt you that my economy is 42% lighter and 12.8% better balanced than yours.
Clearly your trolling shows your lack of understanding of my economy.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think we need to make smileys out of various troll faces. I think they'd set off our posts nicely
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 08:21 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Not just loss through mods but how much more economical all these cars would be without the mods, thats alot of tax on the fuel and all other related servicing etc.

Talking sense.

People with Supercharged/Turbo'd 6's (And 6's in general)
must be the machines behind the oil industry still existing.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Scott Wrote: I think we need to make smileys out of various troll faces. I think they'd set off our posts nicely

Your the big boss man. Has to be done!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
complete and utter bollocks IMVHO
Thanks given by:
Clearly no one has bothered to read my succinct summary of the legislation. Or this thread wouldn't be full of crap clearly illustrating people dont understand what is actually being proposed...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ha ha that assumption would be right

Clearly you don't understand we react to thread titles
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 08:39 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Clearly no one has bothered to read my succinct summary of the legislation. Or this thread wouldn't be full of crap clearly illustrating people dont understand what is actually being proposed...
Wait, you posted? I think I must have missed it.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 08:39 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Clearly no one has bothered to rea...taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

Sorry what?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
[troll size=medium]coolface[/troll]
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 09:22 PM)Scott Wrote: [troll size=small]coolface[/troll]

Needs to be a better smiley!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
[troll size=medium]yuno[/troll]
y u no like troll smileys?
Thanks given by:
Fuucks sake! should've known better than to pipe up about it, just get trolled to shit!
Thanks given by:
What I'm saying is instead of them being...

[trolled]taptap[/trolled]

They should be

:trolleddoe:
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Rallye up men! We're going to 10 downing street piss through their letter box

/stupid
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me like the DVLA are going to be making alot more people put modified cars through the IVA test (as some already have to) the test costs £500-£1000 a go and is like an uber strict MOT.

Im all for making sure mods are safe but I think the legislation goes too far saying that stuff might have to meet modern emissions regualtions if its modified in any way.

So ok ive fitted a back box to my GTi6, lets go and get it tested and see if we can meet euro6 emissions, nope that wont happen, and into the £700 a year (or whatever it is) tax bracket we all go.
Thanks given by:
if anything like whatever this is goes through . .i haven't read it properly yet . .Big Grin . . . .people will just not inform their insurance companies about mods and get backstreet MOTs instead . . . . . .and who would blame them? . . . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 11:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Sounds to me like the DVLA are going to be making alot more people put modified cars through the IVA test (as some already have to) the test costs £500-£1000 a go and is like an uber strict MOT.

Im all for making sure mods are safe but I think the legislation goes too far saying that stuff might have to meet modern emissions regualtions if its modified in any way.

So ok ive fitted a back box to my GTi6, lets go and get it tested and see if we can meet euro6 emissions, nope that wont happen, and into the £700 a year (or whatever it is) tax bracket we all go.

No one said it had to meet modern emmisions standards. It has to meet the current standard at the time the car was produced. So it will be an end to things like decats and some heavy engine mods that increase emissions but this always has been the case with mots!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lady gardens!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 07:21 AM)Niall Wrote:
(22-08-2012, 11:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Sounds to me like the DVLA are going to be making alot more people put modified cars through the IVA test (as some already have to) the test costs £500-£1000 a go and is like an uber strict MOT.

No one said it had to meet modern emmisions standards. It has to meet the current standard at the time the car was produced. So it will be an end to things like decats and some heavy engine mods that increase emissions but this always has been the case with mots!

This just summarises this thread; people have read the title, read that Ace guff and gone "OMFGGGGG THE END IS NIGH, REPENT AND YE SHALL BE SAVED"

Just putting words into their mouths; the fact of the matter is very little will change. I would suggest that the changes will be more felt in countries where MOTs are not regulated; this legislation is actually trying to unify the code of practice and equipment and procedures and training across the EU. I highly doubt you or I, in this legislativ-crazy country will actually notice any difference whatsoever...
Thanks given by: