the ugly cousin..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ugly cousin..
Star 
Not strictly peugeots but anyone know anything about berlingos? The handshake light is on constantly and the stop light is flashing

fluids all look alright, got a slight leak from the rad pipe but wouldn't have thought that would be the cause ?
Thanks given by:
Have you tried stopping shaking hands with it? Might sort that light out... Tongue

Sounds like an issue to me... :S Might have an airlock..
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
handshake light?
not a firm enough grip?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Haha F*ck you Sam, you and your ass! I got there first with the OT post Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Damn auto correct Dodgy

also forgot to say it feels like there are no brakes at all think Its in desperate need of new pads, but iirc there aren't pad sensors on these ? Its a 57 plate btw
Thanks given by:
fine, ill get my coat

*walks off in a huff*
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Rear drums, remove drums and check cylinders for leaks.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I has a berlingo Sad is it the same hdi lump as the 306? The brakes are great on mine! Especially the handbrake. ^^ what niall says and also check the brake compensator hasn't seized.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
Either brake fluid level or ebrake switch not working, try shorting the switch manually...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
IIRC wernt the 1st belingos. Built on a 306 platform? If so are the new ones still using the same floor pan?

Unrelated i know but alot of parts were the same as the 306 espesh the 1.9 NAD . May help in your quest?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 12:06 PM)puglove Wrote: IIRC wernt the 1st belingos. Built on a 306 platform? If so are the new ones still using the same floor pan?

Unrelated i know but alot of parts were the same as the 306 espesh the 1.9 NAD . May help in your quest?

No idea mate, mine is an 03 plate, so Ph2? I know its a 92 bhp hdi lump... like the 306 hdi? Not that i'm thinking of ninja mods for it or anything........ ninja

Aha!!! I can confirm, that it is a DW10TD RHY lump. Interesting.... there is a bloke on TDocuk that has one running 147bhp/337nm Big Grin

Thanks given by:
They were built on a 306 floor pan until the latest one came out Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yep, M49 and M52 models have a 306 platform Smile I'm running 306 coilovers on mine. The only problem is the HDI's have Siemens ECU thats not as easy to map as the Bosch's. Desperate to get mine mapped, feels bloody sllloooowwww when fully loaded (which is 90% of the time lol)

The OP's symtoms point to a brake fluid leak to me?
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Checked the fluid.to find over the past couple of days its all but disappeared so there's a leak somewhere
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 08:54 PM)Pete Wrote: Yep, M49 and M52 models have a 306 platform Smile I'm running 306 coilovers on mine. The only problem is the HDI's have Siemens ECU thats not as easy to map as the Bosch's. Desperate to get mine mapped, feels bloody sllloooowwww when fully loaded (which is 90% of the time lol)

The OP's symtoms point to a brake fluid leak to me?

Yeah mine is a bit asthmatic as it is, it still touches 115-120 though, on a private road of course Wink It has no problem dragging big heavy things about, like my dad's chipper or stump grinder. Also I find apart from the light steering, it handles really well for the barge it is.

(23-08-2012, 07:07 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Checked the fluid.to find over the past couple of days its all but disappeared so there's a leak somewhere

Hmmmh, so you havent seen where its leaking from yet? I'd say go with Niall's suggestion mate.

Thanks given by:
Found one of the front brake flexi hoses had been rubbing against the PAS i think and had worn through leaving a few smal holes in
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 07:37 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Found one of the front brake flexi hoses had been rubbing against the PAS i think and had worn through leaving a few smal holes in

only a few small holes Tongue i like your style!
Thanks given by:
You would be able to detect a leaky pipe no? You should be able to see where it had been leaking, and also feel that the braking system wasn't holding its pressure.

Thanks given by:
Skank, id have thought so but it hasnt been leaving any puddles anywhere and as for the feel it did loose it over the course of a day which is when i started looking into the problem
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The XUD's Cousin? mr_fish 2 734 08-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Ruan