Pics first!!!

[Image: img20120814171331.jpg]

[Image: img20120814171146.jpg]

[Image: img20120814171312.jpg]

[Image: img20120814171158.jpg]

[Image: img20120814171405.jpg]

[Image: img20120814173140.jpg]

[Image: img20120814173133.jpg]

Well shes a '98 on an R plate with 134k on the clock but has been transplanted with a 78k D8A block 5k ago (win)!
Full T16 Interior which is mint.
11 months test, 2 months tax
Cost me £730.
Bonnet is fooked and needs changing and the wheels look like they have been painted with dulux but no other issues at all.

Thoughts/opinions please!

(BTW Expect to see XRDT for sale thread soon!!!!)

Edit: The stop solenoid is linked direct to battery at the mo, he couldn't work out how to do it!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Bargain! Looks good too :-)
You mean S16 seats right
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good buy mate

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Cheers chaps! He defo said t16 but he must of meant s16.

Engine runs epicly smooth with excllent power delivery, was doing some down a fast A road and completely forgot how shit standard dt brakes are, nearly lost it lol!

Not sure whether to canibalise the xrdt for the gti brakes, rear disc beam and break the rest or sell as it is and start again with this one. Grrrr.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
T16 was only 405 and they are defo 306 seats, s16 ones at that Big Grin

Swap the beam, brakes and any other shiney bits off the xrdt then put all the stuff from the new DT back on then sell it, saves breaking and you get to keep your shiney/dirty good bits

Thanks given by:
Looks really good mate are the wheels running with no spacers they look abit lost in the rear arch, really like it though always love a black d-turb Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Nice!

Might be picking up a black DT myself tomorrow...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for clearing up the seats! The wheels are defo on 15mm spacers qt the back, not sure about the front, either way they will have to come off for a refurb.

As for swaping bits over and flogging the rest of the xrdt with the stock parts, sounds like a plan! (Anyone up for helping ninja )

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Air filter is in a bit of a shit place, going to be getting warm sitting there behind the radiator. Mine was in the same place when I got it, felt loads better when I put the standard airbox on.
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 07:23 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Air filter is in a bit of a shit place, going to be getting warm sitting there behind the radiator. Mine was in the same place when I got it, felt loads better when I put the standard airbox on.

I know mate! What is with people cutting it so far back, surely a hot engine raising intake temps would be worse than stock?? Not sure what to do with induction yet, do the hdi's use a panel shape filter or a canister like the dt?

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
panel shape mate Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 07:40 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: panel shape mate Smile

Cheers, might have a go at bodging that in with a decent panel filter direct to turbo using stainless and silicone

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
why not use a DT one and put it on its side where your filter is now?

so the intake pipe is facing down or to the side

Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 07:54 PM)puglove Wrote: why not use a DT one and put it on its side where your filter is now?

so the intake pipe is facing down or to the side
May well do that mate, gona have to experiment!

I think for me the biggest dilema is to keep the 11mm pump or run a 9???

Either way it will be a week or 2 to swap bits over, change cambelt, etc.

Also found fcs 2012 tickets stuck behind the glovebox so some may have seen it there

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
If you got a 11mm pump id keep it and just swap the gov over instead of the whole pump

Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 08:13 PM)puglove Wrote: If you got a 11mm pump id keep it and just swap the gov over instead of the whole pump

The whole pump would have to be changed, that doesnt really bother me as I will be doing the cambelt anyway, just not sure I really need the 11mm. So far the black one has had a very mild stage 1, boosts to 18psi with no on or off boost smoke.
Really need a bonet though as there is a rust spot on the front that had an "R" sticker on it lol and a bit of a dent in the middle, also just noticed that the side repeaters are not the same, lmao! One side is a clear P3 and the other looks like its from a focus!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
You bastard haha i was well keen for this car but couldnt get up to see it til the weekend Sad
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 09:03 PM)tomw1123 Wrote: You bastard haha i was well keen for this car but couldnt get up to see it til the weekend Sad

My saved ebay search for the last 3-4 weeks has been, 306, diesel, 3 doors, time newly listed.

ninja

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 10:39 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(14-08-2012, 09:03 PM)tomw1123 Wrote: You bastard haha i was well keen for this car but couldnt get up to see it til the weekend Sad

My saved ebay search for the last 3-4 weeks has been, 306, diesel, 3 doors, time newly listed.

ninja

Fair play to you sir.. Looks like a cracking car, i'll be quicker to act on the next one though Wink
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 08:10 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Also found fcs 2012 tickets stuck behind the glovebox so some may have seen it there

Knew i'd seen it somewhere, couldn't work it out as it didn't look like any of the cars from project threads i take an interest in. Looks really nice mate, another vote for swapping the good bits and selling the old one as standard.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 07:22 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(14-08-2012, 08:10 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Also found fcs 2012 tickets stuck behind the glovebox so some may have seen it there

Knew i'd seen it somewhere, couldn't work it out as it didn't look like any of the cars from project threads i take an interest in. Looks really nice mate, another vote for swapping the good bits and selling the old one as standard.

Cheers mate. Really happy with it! Yea, defo gona swap the bits over, the XRDT will still be on a lowered drum beam and coileys so not all bad! Just gona take off the fmic, 11mm pump, front calipers and rear beam (which is a right faf on your own, living on a hill with only the roadside to work on! lol

Never really been that keen on the P2 front end but this one has grown on me!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by: