Tracking.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking.....
Exclamation 
After recently doing the clutch and replacing TRE bottom balljoints and ARB's i need the tracking done phoned around a few local garages no-one can track it because of how low the back is! Anyone know of anywhere in the east midlands that can track a car thats on its arse i do plan to get around to changing the rear beam but for that i need pennies!
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do it yourself with a string line, iv always done mine like this
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 12:57 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Do it yourself with a string line, iv always done mine like this

rough instruction's on how to do It pal?
Thanks given by:
park on level ground, loosen the locking bolt's on the TRE, make sure the steering wheel is straight, get two long bits of string (the longer they are the more accurate it will be, i worked out before that 1degree over 3meters is about 50mm) tie them on somewhere at the rear of the wheel, like the Arb bar and take them out and extend them forward, tie the other end to something you can move, i use two petrol cans, move cans untill the string touches the wheel front and back the same, don't want it so that there is a bend in the string, pull the can away until is tight, measure the gap between the strings as close to the front bumper as possible and again close to the petrol cans, make adjustments to the track rod by putting your hand in behind the wheel and turning the bar, make sure the steering wheel is straight, reset the cans and measure again. It takes a bit of time but it works, because your car is lowered just set it to 0 degrees/both lines parallel to each other

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cg...=1#1562617

Something like this but due to the fact the Front track is wider than the rear on a 306 there way wont work

I like this way, think il check mine today using this

http://www.elantragtclub.com/id554.html
Thanks given by:
Cheer's mate i managed to do It the steering wheel is straight so i assume I've done It right but only time will tell Smile
Thanks given by:
Stick the lines back on to check it after a drive, as long as you dont need to correct the steering all the time while driving over bumps its fine
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wheel tracking Niall 19 3,319 01-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Last Post: welshpug