Have i missed anything- FMIC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have i missed anything- FMIC
Just a check to see if i have everythnig and i dont need anything else!

So far ive got
  • Universal 2.25 intercooler kit from ebay
  • C5 hdi 110 bottom pipe
  • An assortment of 2.5 and 2.25 pipes, some rubber 90 degree reducers too and about about 4 2.5 inch straight rubber joins
  • the pipe needed to come down off the turbo
  • a 'box' of 406hdi rubber bends and straights

Im sure ive got enough pipework, but is their anything else that im liable to need?
Thanks given by:
Have you got the inlet elbow off the 406 110bhp?? other than that looks like you got every thing when you do it take pics step by step wana see how you get on as im doing mine soon when i have collected enough pipes

Thanks given by:
No, i thought you could use either the c5 pipe or the 406 one! :/
Thanks given by:
Sean he's on about the ally inlet elbow from the 406, also you'll need a 41mm (IIRC) long legged 90 degree silicon to go from the lower C5 pipe to the turbo mine cost about £7 from an eBay shop. Also a 406 110 HDi top rubber pipe is fairly useful too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:15 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Sean he's on about the ally inlet elbow from the 406, also you'll need a 41mm (IIRC) long legged 90 degree silicon to go from the lower C5 pipe to the turbo mine cost about £7 from an eBay shop. Also a 406 110 HDi top rubber pipe is fairly useful too

This? With the 406 top pipe, could i not just replace that with the pipework that ive got?

And im not sure on the inlet elbow. Ill have to ask the guy i bought the box of bits from!

PS; This is the c5 pipe i bought

How does the FMIC Attach to the car btw?
Thanks given by:
You could... but the bay looks a lot more OEM and is a straight fit to the 406 inlet, you'll need to make some brackets yourself for the cooler to bolt too then obviously bolt them to the car. You NEED that 406 elbow too, can't do your FMIC without it so make sure you get one before you start

Yeah that eBay link is the same one that i bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/41mm-90-Degree...1117wt_876
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:26 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: You could... but the bay looks a lot more OEM and is a straight fit to the 406 inlet, you'll need to make some brackets yourself for the cooler to bolt too then obviously bolt them to the car. You NEED that 406 elbow too, can't do your FMIC without it so make sure you get one before you start

Yeah that eBay link is the same one that i bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/41mm-90-Degree...1117wt_876

Can i just use L brackets and bolt it in? Is their holes to bolt it in or will i need to drill them?

Will try and find one on fleabay
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:22 AM)sean-306 Wrote: PS; This is the c5 pipe i bought

That's not what people mean by "C5 lower pipe" mate, you're looking for a solid plastic one, goes under the sump/g'box. You'll need to attach the FMIC to the car with brackets. I explained this in your other thread, you might have a bit more luck if take notice of the advice you've asked for.

And as midnightclub says; you need the 406 inlet elbow, bodging something on would be messy and might not work properly.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:33 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 10:22 AM)sean-306 Wrote: PS; This is the c5 pipe i bought

That's not what people mean by "C5 lower pipe" mate, you're looking for a solid plastic one, goes under the sump/g'box. You'll need to attach the FMIC to the car with brackets. I explained this in your other thread, you might have a bit more luck if take notice of the advice you've asked for.

And as midnightclub says; you need the 406 inlet elbow, bodging something on would be messy and might not work properly.

My sincerest apologies poodle, i have just reread your post, originally i just thought you had quoted my post and told me to 'search'
Muchos Kudos for your help.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that pic of that 'c5' pipe you bought is completely the wrong one, like poodle says it's a plastic pipe which runs below the gearbox
Thanks given by:
cock! Sad
Thanks given by:
Alternatively you could buy the 406 110 HDi lower pipe and it'll fit straight on without the need for another silicon
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:47 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Alternatively you could buy the 406 110 HDi lower pipe and it'll fit straight on without the need for another silicon

So if i get that pipe, that will attach to the turbo and i wont need the 41mm pipe?

And i wont need the citroen c5pipe either?

This any good?
Thanks given by:
correctomundo, it doesn't flow quite as well but tbh.. i don't think you'd notice the difference
Thanks given by:
No problem fella, I know i come across as a bit of a pompous twat sometimes, but i do mean to help really lol. Tbh i did kind of jump to the conclusion you were the kind of noob that asked the same question three times, which is obviously unfair, so my own apologies for that. Kiss and make up? Makeup

EDIT: That's the wrong one again matey, give me a sec.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:52 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: correctomundo, it doesn't flow quite as well but tbh.. i don't think you'd notice the difference

Ok good! I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!

and the top pipe?

And are any of these any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=4...r&_sacat=0
Thanks given by:
nope, scrappy might be better mate
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 10:54 AM)Poodle Wrote: No problem fella, I know i come across as a bit of a pompous twat sometimes, but i do mean to help really lol. Tbh i did kind of jump to the conclusion you were the kind of noob that asked the same question three times, which is obviously unfair, so my own apologies for that. Kiss and make up? Makeup

EDIT: That's the wrong one again matey, give me a sec.

I did think that! Fwends? x
Thanks given by:
There's a part number for it somewhere but i cannot remember where!
Thanks given by:
Right, seems there aren't many about on ebay atm, but found these listings:
- Full set here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5-200...231c6458c8.
- Alternatively here's the "406" style bottom pipe: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-607-2-...3f06b0c27d (the small pipe cable-tied to it isn't necessary).
- Heres the "C5" style pipe: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-PEUGEO...1c29d72266.
- And here's the inlet elbow: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-hd...1e70e774b7

None of those are at great prices, but at least you know what you're looking for now.

Also, not the right one, but looks interesting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-407-60...3a784e5ef5 Anyone else know if this might fit...?

(10-08-2012, 11:00 AM)sean-306 Wrote: I did think that! Fwends? x

Hahah deal, car fwends!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Doesn't look like it will mate the bend is nowhere near sharp enough to curve below the gearbox from the turbo
Thanks given by:
Thanks poodle! Found this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-407-20...5d344a8b94... Im right to presume this will endmyquest for parts wont it!?
Thanks given by:
I don't think so sean, the lower pipe is from a 2.2 16v HDi IIRC
Thanks given by:
for gods sake!
Thanks given by:
God aint gon' help you now bro! lol
Thanks given by:
Its fudjing annoying! Hate being on this op now!! Need to spend an afternoon in a scrap yard with a 407
Thanks given by:
Scrap yards are always the best option if you have tools and access to one as Danny will tell you. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
haha yeah! indeed they are, shame there isn't many 'newer' cars in our scrappies though :/
Thanks given by:
^^ Explain!

If anyones going to a scrap yardkeep your mince pies peeled for me!
Thanks given by:
These are the pipes i bought off the 406 you will be better with this one instead of the one with butterfly valve in as you will have to make something up to remove the butterfly valve, this on i got dosnt have that in and the pipe just fits straight on also the 406 bottom hard plastic pipe from off the turbo will bring it to in front of the sump

[Image: 306new29.jpg]

Thanks given by: