Tax: none
MOT: none
Current owner: yes
V5 present: yes
Price: offers in the region of £500
Contact Details: Via Pm
Additional Information:

good bits:
interior is in decent condition, drivers seat bolster foam has been replaced, although some wear to the fabric remains
all locks match the key
four original VW BBS alloys
rear bodywork in good condition
no major chassis rust, only minimal underbody surface rust
no clonks or bangs while driving
no chipped/broken headlights
grill is in good condition
all locks have been stripped and serviced with new handle seals
weber carb has been stripped and cleaned with new rubber gasket and mount
new fuel lines in engine bay
cam cover stripped and repainted gloss black
comes with receipts of all the work i have done to it since i've owned it

bad bits:

main bad bit is an unknown engine issue. i dont know enough about these cars to sort it myself, but from what others on this site have suggested, possible oil pump failure. engine does start, but runs lumpy with the oil warning light on.
the N/S wing has a dent on the front edge by the indicator, needs replacing, unless you have good or know a good body shop.
there is a horrific bonnet scoop
bonnet paint is in bad condition, lacquer is cracked, however, a few hours with some wet and dry and it will look ten times better, ideally needs replacing to bring up to a good standard.
no service history other than what ive done
no exhaust back box

Pictures:

[Image: IMAG0035.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0036.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0039.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0041.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0052.jpg]

i have a few more pictures and these can be accessed on request.

I've been as honest as i can, the car is an unfinished project, and should be looked at as such. however, the overall condition of the car is good, and she polishes up well.
i dont think it would take much to get her through an mot, and will make a nice tidy example with some work.
the price is there as a guide, all offers considered, and if knowledgable people than I deem it over priced, let me know and i'll review.
thanks for looking
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Love these cars, if I didnt already have an unreliable bastard of a car I would love this & stick a tt lump in it. Unfortunately I can't justify owning another unfinished car Sad

GLWTS
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
My bet would be on oil pump mate, i think that it had one replaced before in the past and i know loads of other 8v VW motors that have had similar issues and been caused by oil pump failure, could be a cheap fix for someone
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Awwwww maaaaaannn, can't believe you're selling this!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 10:36 AM)Jake Wrote: Love these cars, if I didnt already have an unreliable bastard of a car I would love this & stick a tt lump in it. Unfortunately I can't justify owning another unfinished car Sad

GLWTS

cheers man. along the line of what i wanted to, modern, big power. buuuut i own a 306, and she's bankrupting me. and i love her more.
(09-08-2012, 10:39 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: My bet would be on oil pump mate, i think that it had one replaced before in the past and i know loads of other 8v VW motors that have had similar issues and been caused by oil pump failure, could be a cheap fix for someone

yeah i figure so, even if the engine's had it, a replacement can be had for a bout a ton. bargain, retro cool really.

(09-08-2012, 05:09 PM)Poodle Wrote: Awwwww maaaaaannn, can't believe you're selling this!

better believe it!

now you're convinced, buy it!

Thanks given by:
Completely OT, just seen the location, you live in Caversham?! Didn't realise? Do you know Queen Anne's the girls school up the road?
Used to spend a lot of my time there on weekend release from my boarding school up the road whistle
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
haha nope, dude, i live in kingston, well, not currently, but that'd be far tooo off topic, even for OC!!
the cars at my mate's house on his drive, as im currently 'between houses'
and no, i dont hang around outside girls boarding schools... whistle

i actually dont. more into boys. ya know.

Thanks given by:
We have bumming pics to prove!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
bump, and now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...1041054952

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…