VW Bora Help - Sorry didnt know where else to put it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VW Bora Help - Sorry didnt know where else to put it.
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it if it should go somewhere else lol
Basically my mums Bora has this vibration at 90/100 buts its only underload, goes smooth when you let off :/.. am i right in thinking some kind of engine/gearbox mount?
All help is appreciated.. Gay vag comments are not lol cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Don't go 90/100.
Thanks given by:
Do they go above 70? I wouldn't know. Wink

Mine has a horrible vibration at all the way up to 130 on a private track lol, various things including tracking, balancing, cv joint on the way out......oh and probably worst of all the dmf! Gotta hope its not the dmf on your mums.
Thanks given by:
The flaming is kinda deserved as the speeds stated although I think most people exceed the speed limit pretty much everywhere regularly. I know I'm no angel haha
Although best place to put the thread may have been on the vdub forum :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It really isnt Phil, you don't get answers in vdub forums........have you ever been on one lol. :/
Thanks given by:
I know the speed might be frowned upon but its my mum lol i did question her speed but its up to her really just wandering if people could help with the problem Sad
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 05:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Do they go above 70? I wouldn't know. Wink

Mine has a horrible vibration at all the way up to 130 on a private track lol, various things including tracking, balancing, cv joint on the way out......oh and probably worst of all the dmf! Gotta hope its not the dmf on your mums.

Well if you have all them issues then your a f*cking idiot going up to 70 let alone 130, I have had my s16 off the clock and it was actually on a runway but I maintain my car, you being a trainee mech should know these things
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Meh, yes is agree I'm an idiot, in heindsight, it wasn't sensible, not that i care about being sensible tbh, drove the NAD at 90ish with a f*cked driveshaft too. However, I'm sure you were young and stupid once, infact you've told me about stuff you used to get up to! Everyone does stupid stuff, life would be even more dull if we didn't.
Thanks given by:
Don't get me wrong Tommy boy Iam by know means an angel, but I like to limit my chances of killing myself or more importantly others, yes I do drive briskly ha ha, but I know the cars sweet, I certainly wouldn't be doing 130 with a knackered Cv joint or if the car was wobbling
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
One thing I don't fear is death, jonny. Tbh mate, I've seen cars break at idle or pulling away, so it makes no difference what speed you're doing.....You can crash at any speed. I don't condone speeding btw, and I'm usually the one being overtaken on cruise control at 60 lol, but now and then we all get that urge to be a dick lol.
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 07:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: One thing I don't fear is death, jonny. Tbh mate, I've seen cars break at idle or pulling away, so it makes no difference what speed you're doing.....You can crash at any speed. I don't condone speeding btw, and I'm usually the one being overtaken on cruise control at 60 lol, but now and then we all get that urge to be a dick lol.

Tom doesn't fear death . . . . . . . . .but is shit scared of driving out of his 40 mile radius bubble of safety?? . .Confused . . . . .excuse me whilst i FPMSL . . . . . . Rofl
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'd get the wheels balanced and check for play in any of the balljoints. Brake conditions. Check bushes on the arms.

And a DMF replacement aint that hard! I've done many.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 08:24 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(30-07-2012, 07:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: One thing I don't fear is death, jonny. Tbh mate, I've seen cars break at idle or pulling away, so it makes no difference what speed you're doing.....You can crash at any speed. I don't condone speeding btw, and%2

[quote='Mattcheese31' pid='110453' dateline='1343679898']
[quote='Toms306' pid='110413' dateline='1343675528']
One thing I don't fear is death, jonny. Tbh mate, I've seen cars break at idle or pulling away, so it makes no difference what speed you're doing.....You can crash at any speed. I don't condone speeding btw, and I'm usually the one being overtaken on cruise control at 60 lol, but now and then we all get that urge to be a dick lol.

Tom doesn't fear death . . . . . . . . .but is shit scared of driving out of his 40 mile radius bubble of safety?? . .Confused . . . . .excuse me whilst i FPMSL . . . . . . Rofl

I agree with Matt. I've got visions of Tom doing a sort of wall of death around the 40mile zone to get up to 130mph!

And not fearing your own death is fine, but you really don't care about murdering innocent people? Perhaps it's time to return your license to your nearest DVLA office?

EDIT: As someone else said, the best place to post it would be a VW forum, not a Pug one.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 08:24 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(30-07-2012, 07:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: One thing I don't fear is death, jonny. Tbh mate, I've seen cars break at idle or pulling away, so it makes no difference what speed you're doing.....You can crash at any speed. I don't condone speeding btw, and I'm usually the one being overtaken on cruise control at 60 lol, but now and then we all get that urge to be a dick lol.

Yeah funny isn't it how the mind works......scared fuckless of shitting myself in public, yet death doesn't bother me at all.

And Martin......I'm not exactly racing through town at that sort if speed, it was late at night, private roads were empty, I'm not a complete bell end.
Thanks given by:
Wink 
i picture tom at 130mph racing out of his 40 mile safety bubble . . . . . . . . shit flying out of his arse by the bucket load . . wearing a tight fitting "NO FEAR" t-shirt screaming at the top of his voice "Where, O death, is thy sting? where, O death, thy victory?" . . . . .lmao

then engaging cruise control before he totally fcuks up his mpg . . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
lmao

f*cking lol! You're right though, mpg is shocking at that speed! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I had the exact same problem with my old Mondeo with mine it turned out to be the suspension drop links were FUBAR I'd get underneath and check those if I was you and then check for play in the wishbones/ball joints which will be your cheapest option!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 09:34 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i picture tom at 130mph racing out of his 40 mile safety bubble . . . . . . . . shit flying out of his arse by the bucket load . . wearing a tight fitting "NO FEAR" t-shirt screaming at the top of his voice "Where, O death, is thy sting? where, O death, thy victory?" . . . . .lmao

then engaging cruise control before he totally fcuks up his mpg . . .Big Grin

Repped lol lol lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  didnt throw up!! RESULT the milkman 87 15,836 03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  Photoshop Bora wheel colours please! Dan! 61 10,223 22-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim