De cat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De cat
Hey all I drive a v reg 3[/align]06 1.6 and was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a de cat or a sports cat pipe for it and how much roughly it gonna cost thanks in advance

Craig
Thanks given by:
Ebay.. 60quid roughly for a straight fit without looking.... Or you can could cut the cat out and get a pipe welded in to replace it?
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-1-...632wt_1037

Here you go buddy, same as i have fitted on mine
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys this may sound dumb but as long as it for a 306 it shud fit then? And do you know where I can get any styling kit and other bits for my car no it sounds silly but cant seem to find much cheers again.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2012, 10:37 AM)bighead02 Wrote: Cheers guys this may sound dumb but as long as it for a 306 it shud fit then? And do you know where I can get any styling kit and other bits for my car no it sounds silly but cant seem to find much cheers again.

If you have a turbo diesel it will fit fine, most ebay ads now have a comparability list for car parts to ensure that they fit Smile

What kind of look are you going for with your car? OEM+, euro etc etc

Do what i did, sit in your car with a list and write down things that you want to have done and what you want to buy for it, then do the same for the exterior.

Good places to buy parts for your 306 would be Ebay, gumtree and our "for sale" section Smile

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
that one that Dec posted won't fit i dont think. IIRC the exhaust mani on the 1.6 comes down the front of the block... unless it then mates to the normal cat/centre section... which would be odd.

bighead, if you could look under your car and get a pic of where it all goes, then we'd be able to say if it will or wont fit
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
oh shit i didnt notice it was a 1.6, skim reading ftl.

Ignore my link!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2012, 11:06 AM)declantg Wrote: oh shit i didnt notice it was a 1.6, tomato sandwich reading ftl.

Ignore my link!

whistle

Thanks given by:
(29-07-2012, 11:07 AM)samass Wrote:
(29-07-2012, 11:06 AM)declantg Wrote: oh shit i didnt notice it was a 1.6, tomato sandwich reading ftl.

Ignore my link!

whistle

got it in one! i could have sworn someone was looking for a DT decat pipe...

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
must have been that unicorn mate

lol

Thanks given by:
(29-07-2012, 11:09 AM)samass Wrote: must have been that unicorn mate

lol

i swear i saw a thread looking for a DT decat Huh

anyways, i had a browse for you bighead and the only decats i could find were for GTI6's and Rallye's, might be worth taking your cat off and either smashing the insides out or just cutting it open, removing the insides and welding it back together.
But you might fail the emissions test on your mot.

Get a pic up so we can have a look, i used to own a 1.6 but that was a while ago now

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
yeah i had a scan too, could only find '6's, rallye's and xsi and DT decat.

but, looking at cats for them, that dt one might fit you know...

LINKY

that is, if that in the pic is the one they supply..

Thanks given by:
IMO don't bother on a 1.6, it's illegal and won't pass MOT. Plus you'll lose some backpressure, some mpg and probably power too, not worth it for a bit more noise imo.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for all the replys will try get a pic up for you and go from there. Would love to smash the cat up but wanna keep it incase decied to change back lol ryt will try get a pic up sharpish.
Thanks given by: