Craig is officially employed again! BEWSH!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig is officially employed again! BEWSH!
Well after finishing my last job last Monday, I got myself a job interview on Tuesday and got the call today say that I've got the job! SHWEEET! I'm over the moon as it's full time (which is quite hard to come by anyway these days), better pay than my last job, and only 2 miles away from my house instead of 30 miles like my last job! So overall, Craig is a happy bunny today! I don't understand how people always say that they cant find jobs and things like that, those guys are obviously not trying very hard! When I left Focus DIY I was only out of work for 3 weeks, and this time round I was out of work less than 2 weeks!

But anyway, I'm chuffed! BOIINNGG!

Big GrinDD
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one buddy, congratulations Smile

What you doing now then?

I sortof get what you mean about people not finding jobs, but I think in some ways people are hesitant to look for things either outside their specific skillset, or to just take anything to keep the money coming in whilst they properly look...

Anyways, lets leave that can of worms firmly shut for the time-being!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt say its easy to get a job, especially around my way.

I have sent out countless applications for jobs and its always ends up that I either don't have the experience or they find someone better.
probably doesn't help I just finished college and only want a temp/part time role

But congratulations mate Smile
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Congratulations!
Thanks given by:
You can find jobs easy as you're very employable with experience and good references I'd assume, not always the same for others lol.

But anyway, nice one Craig!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If you open up and say you will do anything... There's work wherever you look....

The place I used to be at were shocked I'd turned up for a 2nd day... They thought something was wrong...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Lol glad the can of worms didn't ejaculate everywhere. I'm working in a call centre like my last job but on £4k a year more than my last job and 28 miles closer too, will be walking/riding my bike to work from here so my fuel bills should be £0 as it's literally 2 miles from my house. Also get 60% off phone contracts (for friends too - wink wink), 50% off gym membership, 50% off Dominoes Pizza (goes hand in hand with the gym discount)...and they even have a Pacman machine in the staff room....sorted!

I understand that some people obviously won't have references and stuff from past jobs, but people also need to be willing to be open to try new things too. I would be happy to do anything as a job and work whatever shift is required, which makes me a lot more flexible and a lot more employable than someone looking for a specific job. I have a friend who worked with me in Focus DIY, shop closed over a year ago and he's still "looking for work"....has a degree in business and hasn't worked since, but he's not willing to do cleaning jobs, not willing to flip burgers in McDonalds, not willing to work weekends, not willing to work outside in weather, not willing to work anywhere further than 10 miles from his house......and that is why he is still unemployed. Hell I'd empty bins for a living or count grains of sand on the beach as long as they paid me lol. Plus people can't blame it on where they live as I live in Merthyr Tydfil, one of the worst places in the UK for unemployment and lack of jobs and people of benefits lol
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2012, 10:39 AM)Craig-o Wrote: I don't understand how people always say that they cant find jobs and things like that, those guys are obviously not trying very hard!

I track all the jobs I've applied for and in the last year I've applied for 329 jobs. How many times have I been offered an interview: None.

Try living in a seaside town where all the work is seasonal, even in Tesco and places like that and when it comes to them recruiting first refusal goes to their former employees so say Joe Bloggs worked for Tesco for one season, they ask him if he'd like to come back he says yes...No need for them to re-advertise.

Absolutely f*ck all round here.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone self employed procta 29 5,335 29-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Last Post: ghandi0007
  Anyone self employed? Danny2009 27 4,751 02-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Dicky
  Happy!!!!!!!!!! Back in the world of the employed. Pompey306mark 16 2,391 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark