flatscreen help :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flatscreen help :)
Heart 
So as you all know im redecorating which dosent only mean it's only getting painted, that's why it's taking longer than expected im getting everything in new, and was wondering if I out a flat screen on my wall (made of plaster) will it fall down? If so is there any other way of getting it up there, without it falling down? X
pink
Thanks given by:
Hang it from the roof by the wall. I have not seen your wall but if its not strong it will come down.
Thanks given by:
Is your wall plasterboard or brick?

Go to B&Q and buy decent wall anchors for the type of wall you have and suitable for the weight of TV. If in doubt get something stupidly heavy duty and if you never intend to move the TV then no more nails it to the wall as well as proper wall anchors.
Thanks given by:
Depends how big and how heavy the TV is. If it's LCD it'll weigh barely anything so as long as the correct plugs and fittings are used it should be fine.
Thanks given by:
From what I remember it was either LCD or plasma
And yeah her wall is plasterboard and not very strong lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Depending on the size, LCD/plasma TV's can still weigh up to like 20kg. Personally wouldn't trust it on plasterboard, the stuffs so soft I don't even bother drilling it at work, just poke it with a screwdriver
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
She was looking at a 43" probably should have looked at weight lol
Thanks given by:
This is my new one

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/lg-42lm670...-50007924/

But it's an LED one so uber thin. That weighs 12.6kg apparently, LCD/plasma will be more
Thanks given by:
Little steep for what she was looking at. Between 3-500 she was looking g at
Thanks given by:
It's out of my budget too but i'm a major geek and that's why finance was invented lmao

Tesco have a 42" Toshiba LED TV for £297 at the minute. Never seen it working but if it's just a big tv she wants it could be ideal. Picture won't be amazing but it's a big TV for buttons.
Thanks given by:
There's these wall plugs you put through the plasterboard and they open up on the other side to try and spread the load a bit , pretty sure I've helped dad attach a radiator to a wall using these before but worth doing some research into it if you're intent on using the plasterboard wall
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Go to electronicworld.co.uk its collection only but some good prices.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 06:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: It's out of my budget too but i'm a major geek and that's why finance was invented lmao

Tesco have a 42" Toshiba LED TV for £297 at the minute. Never seen it working but if it's just a big tv she wants it could be ideal. Picture won't be amazing but it's a big TV for buttons.

We have the tesco one at work in our staff room, quality is shit.. Was guna get it untill I saw how tacky it looked lol. x
pink
Thanks given by:
Sam get Samsung, LG or Sony.

Look for higher refresh rates in the HD tv's.
Thanks given by:
I think the one I was looking at was Samsung mark. I aint Guna get a shitty one lol x
pink
Thanks given by:
Wall anchors are great for mounting TV to partition walls. But the ceiling mounts are also good but must be mounted onto a joist.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Yea find a joist in the ceiling and go for it.
Thanks given by:
Aye smanfa one reason why I went for the LG. It's also one of the top rated gadgets for this year. Passive 3D means no heavy bulky 3D glasses or flickering images, and it's b-e-a-utiful to look at. Also if you buy a 47" or 55" LG are offering a free 3D HD camcorder too! But they're like £1200 for that size haha.

Toshiba TV is cheap as feck but i'm a total geek so couldn't live with the picture quality and ghosting.

True 240Hz passive 3D y0!
Thanks given by:
Lol I already know what one im getting, not really looking into it to much, just the wall problem im stuck with Sad x
pink
Thanks given by:
best thing would be a sheet of 20mm ply/mdf, with about a million plasterboard anchoring plugs to properly spread the load out, then just screw the mounting bracket to the wood, and away you go.

or better yet, fix the mdf sheet to the joists, then the tv to the sheet. thats better, so actually, ignore the above. then you just need woodscrews, and basically ignore the fact that your walls are made of cheese
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
If you are going to decorate anyway cut some holes in the plasterboard on the other side of the wall and fit some wooden battens then get a small bucket of ready mix plaster and skim over the battens - it will spread the load and you won't have to worry about tv falling off the wall if you've fixed directly into then.
Thanks given by:
Get proper joist fixings. I've got my 32" LED mounted to plasterboard. You can never mount it to the plasterboard it's self. Has to be to the joists behind. Go to b and q and they sell all sorts of fixings suitable. My mount for my tv is rated up to 40kg. I can safely say though it can take my weight just and I'm about 85kg (that's the proper test for seeing how well it's fixed right? Hang off it?)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
...i've got a 19", thats big enough for me

it's not the size that matters... so she says anyway Undecided
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 09:12 AM)ginge191 Wrote: ...i've got a 19", thats big enough for me

Bigger the better! So I heard anyway!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ah thanks niall! Ill pop into B&Q then, I'll let the experts do it all haha x
pink
Thanks given by:
I've got a 23 incher. Wink Not sure what size my tv is though..... Confused
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 09:12 AM)ginge191 Wrote: ...i've got a 19", thats big enough for me

i have a 22 inch one i think.

really suits me forthe ammount of use i give it
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 09:15 AM)smanfa Wrote: Ah thanks niall! Ill pop into B&Q then, I'll let the experts do it all haha x

Iirc it was b and q that had a big chart up where you choose the weight of the tv and what it's being fixed to and it shows you the exact product. Most of theirs are over done though. When I had my tv on a brick wall, they wanted a 9.5kg tv to be fixed with several 5" raw bolts! Over kill much!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 09:17 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I've got a 23 incher. Wink Not sure what size my tv is though..... Confused

Not talking about you nose either tom
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by: