INSURANCE!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INSURANCE!!!!!
i been quoted around 2k plus for my car with all the mods is this a good price or not? can anyone recomend me an insurance company ?
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Car? Mods?

Brentacre or flux are always recommended
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
+1 for Brentacre, very good for me.

We're not going to know if that's a good price or not without more details. Car/mods/age/convictions/claims/where car is kept etc. But IMO 2k for a DT is waaay too much unless you have a terrible driving record
Thanks given by:
never been convicted had my licence for 2years and 2years NCB im 23
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 11:41 PM)gurj306 Wrote: i been quoted around 2k plus for my car with all the mods is this a good price or not? can anyone recomend me an insurance company ?

Have a word with The Co-Operative, believe me I was being quoted £1,500+ one company even quoted me £6,700 and that's with no mods.

Spoke to coop insurance they quoted me £887 fully comp with unlimited mileage, protected no claims, breakdown cover, legal cover, windscreen cover, key cover and a load of other bits added works out at £155 deposit and 10 instalments of £87!

More than half what I was paying for the Mundano!!!

My idea is to renew my cover on the 5th of August as required then at the end of August when I get paid get my exhaust done and then declare it and hope they don't ra*e me for it!!!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just got my renewal quote, just over a grand but that's for a 210bhp Octavia vRS...

I'm looking for another 306, and a DT is coming in at about 600 on compareaconfusedmeerkattoasupermarket.com Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
PMSL, 2k..........really! I am 26 with no convictions and 5 years NCB and mine is £295 with flux with all mods declared...............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 06:56 AM)mark_airey Wrote: PMSL, 2k..........really! I am 26 with no convictions and 5 years NCB and mine is £295 with flux with all mods declared...............

How the f*ck do you manage that!? Come on there must be some reason its so low!!

Just for the on topicness, I'm 20 with 3 years ncb, with a 180bhp golf for 900, or a 106d for 600...so I'd say 2k is a shit price lol!
Thanks given by:
I pay £400 for the DT with mods declared, 550 for the GTi6....

22, 3y NCB, not been caught yet...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
21 with 4 years no claims and 3 points (points mean prizes right?) and I'm paying £980 on my 6 with mods declared. That's with admiral fully comp with business cover and there's none of this mileage declaring bullshit like you get with the likes of flux.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
all i do is have a look on money supermarket.always happy with whatever comes out.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ thats just not going to happen once you start adding real mods to a decent engine though! try it on any comparison site with a big turbo, modified pump, FMIC, alloys, lowered lots, exhaust, brakes interior etc, as soon as you start adding things like that (if you even can) then most of them won't even quote you!

(24-07-2012, 07:25 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How the f*ck do you manage that!? Come on there must be some reason its so low!!

Just for the on topicness, I'm 20 with 3 years ncb, with a 180bhp golf for 900, or a 106d for 600...so I'd say 2k is a shit price lol!

Erm............a few reasons........26...........lots of no claims................live in a field in the middle of nowhere............insurance band A area Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
^^ and you own a insurance compony.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 07:53 AM)mark_airey Wrote: ^^ thats just not going to happen once you start adding real mods to a decent engine though! try it on any comparison site with a big turbo, modified pump, FMIC, alloys, lowered lots, exhaust, brakes interior etc, as soon as you start adding things like that (if you even can) then most of them won't even quote you!

(24-07-2012, 07:25 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How the f*ck do you manage that!? Come on there must be some reason its so low!!

Erm............a few reasons........26...........lots of no claims................live in a field in the middle of nowhere............insurance band A area Tongue

Well I also live in a band a area.....and the difference can't be that much between 3 and 5 years ncb surely! So it must be your age I guess, still seems damn cheap with all those mods declared!

(24-07-2012, 07:56 AM)kingy Wrote: ^^ and you own a insurance compony.

My uncle is mates with the boss of admiral......he wouldn't even insure himself though, so it doesn't work like that lol. Also my uncle won't ask if I can a discount for knowing the boss (ok I met him once but still......) Sad
Thanks given by:
admiral are tossers.

end of.
Thanks given by:
Adrian flux gurj; they're pretty awesome, also, mention you're a member on the forum, this is how you heard of them, and push for further money off
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Agreed Kingy, thats why I took my money elsewhere this year....elephant. Doh lmao

The admiral group is still cheapest by a long shot annoyingly, just a shame their customer service is wank and thier mods policy is ridiculous!
Thanks given by:
Mines around £1,900 with all mods delcared. Main reason is because I'm only 20 Sad
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Flux aint bad but your not insured with them they are just like a comparison site and sell the cover to other companys.

Just be mindful who you get as they dont wanna know when someone crashes into side of you and dont seem to want to help you at all, but when comes to adding mods they hardly charge for extras as long as they know and be mindful if you aint got it declared your f*cked these days even a vinyl wrapped fuel cap is classed as a mod, its not bad when your claiming off third party but other way round can cause probs

me 23 mods declared 7NCB (1 from scooter when 16, and have proof Tongue) 380 a year for the Dturbo
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 08:19 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Adrian flux gurj; they're pretty awesome, also, mention you're a member on the forum, this is how you heard of them, and push for further money off

im goin to have to have a look later as long as im home before 12am that is or my car stays at work :|
Thanks given by:
mines due next week, so been all over interweb and fed up entering my details repeatedly;

despite me being as old as everybodies dad, a million years ncb, very-very safe occupation, car garaged, fully comp insurance since the beginning of time...........................

every single place wants at least £400 insurance excess ?? i argued with some spotty tit that i wasnt a 17 year old who passed their test this morning, i had been driving longer than he existed even in his dads meat-sacks !!!! and i ended my rant by putting the phone down as he tried to justify why the phone quote was £200 dearer than the postal quote i had got off them 2 days earlier ????

there, i feel much calmer now.
Thanks given by:
Adrian flux r ok, I even kno a lot of people who work ther but iv heard the customer service sucks! Prob my friends being dicks lol but aviva hav always quoted me happy, hav always been cheaper by £100 or so than every where els except this years wher they bumped it up so ad to sell my scooby Sad althoght £560 a year wasn't bad lol anyway in 24 with 7 years no claims and I pay £411 on my HDi, guna be changing 2 someone els nxt years as I did a search after I switched it from my scooby and was quoted £340! lol do think £2000 is abit much, my lil bruv (23) has a silvia with all mods declared (drift car) and 6 points and a ban and he only pays £1600 from flux
Thanks given by:
Sky did me a really good price, beat flux by £100 (i pay less than £800 FC all declared with protected NCB and 3rd party on anything)
Thanks given by:
Brentacre and flux are ones to have a try for, the two are great for a modded car,
they have been great for my rover, flux was better this year for the rover, brentacre did a great deal on the 306 where flux couldnt.
Thanks given by:
£2k? I pay like £400fc lol
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha ha I pay less than all of you on the s16 all mods declared! And I live in a shit area lol 2k would pay mine for 5ish years
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I pay less than 900 fully comp on my 306dt with everything declared and my s13 drift beast fully declared also all on a multi car policy with admiral Smile
Oh and you also get a massive discount on insurance when you turn 25 as you are out of the boy racer class.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 08:07 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Well I also live in a band a area.....and the difference can't be that much between 3 and 5 years ncb surely! So it must be your age I guess, still seems damn cheap with all those mods declared!

Can't be the age, I'm 26 been driving since I was 18 (named on another policy until I was 21 and passed my test as I was just a learner before) passed test at 21 and have been driving 4 years since I turn 26 on the 5th of August have 2 claims on my history 1 fault and 1 non fault and a years no claims as I took a break from driving...mine's still nearly £900 and I live in a fairly low risk area (PE25)
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 09:52 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha I pay less than all of you on the s16 all mods declared! And I live in a shit area lol 2k would pay mine for 5ish years

f*********k SAKE JONNY Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I reckon they just make up quotes as they go along tbh lol.
Thanks given by: