Remote central locking fob stoped working HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote central locking fob stoped working HELP
Hi guys when i bought my 306 the rcl didnt work but the central locking worked fine so i bought new battery's for the fob and then its worked fine for over a week but all of a sudden this morning its not working any more (central locking still working fine) just fob not working check battery via phone camera (infa red) and its lighting up fine ive looked at ppls guides to re-syncing the fob but i only have one key and carnt follow the guide as it says you need one key in the ignition while holding that i need to put the other key up near the infa red pick up........ can any one help?? also can any one point me in the right direction to get a key cheap my local place wants £60 for a key with out the central locking on the key...... i find that expensive as my old mazda only cost £25 for a key

Thanks given by:
You can take the blade out of the fob. Undo the little screw holding the blade in, put the key in the lock, turn so it's on accessories, then pull the fob off the blade, point at the ir reciever, do your do with the reset, then reverse the process Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
ok will give that a bash, whats the accessories? is that first click or second click??

any one got the guide on how to do it cos still carnt get it working Angry

Thanks given by:
didnt read first post properly, sorry
Thanks given by:
i have just had to re sync mine as well you shouldn´t need to point it at ir sensor should be able to put key in ignition and turn to acc and then press the lock button straight away and then turn ignition off should work fine
Thanks given by:
you have got to love the forums in built search function.

I know i am dragging up an old thread, but it was relevant to me Smile

Went to make a post about what to do, as my key fob stopped working, and this thread popped up in the simular threads. so thought i would check it out. I now have a working key fob again Smile

thanks guys.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,104 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,267 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,604 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306