Speedo dropping?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo dropping?
I'm experiencing a problem where my speedo will drop.. Completely random, and I've read that it needs the sensor cleaning which is fine.. What worries me is that it drops in power when it does it yet I thought that only happened to mapped ecu's I'm confused as I'm sure mine is standard, but was going to get a stage 1 done soon...
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
So is it the needle dropping or the drop in power causing it to drop speed?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 03:42 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: So is it the needle dropping or the drop in power causing it to drop speed?

The speedo will drop then I lose power... It's just like my turbo goes 'NO IM NOT WORKING'.. Then it's fine when the speedo picks up.. It can happen in any weather conditions or speed..

Thanks given by:
my speedo drops every no and then but does'nt effect the power.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I dont mean in the sense that I lose all power it just seems to lose its grunt Sad

Thanks given by:
My speedo has dropped occasionaly too
Thanks given by:
The power loss is normal on hdi. The hdi ECU is one of the only 306 ECU that uses the speed as part of its calculations iirc. Sort of puts the car into a limp home mode. Bung a new sensor on there (cleaning won't do anything) and leave the battery off for half hour or if you know someone with pug planet, get them to clear the fault.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 04:52 PM)Niall Wrote: The power loss is normal on hdi. The hdi ECU is one of the only 306 ECU that uses the speed as part of its calculations iirc. Sort of puts the car into a limp home mode. Bung a new sensor on there (cleaning won't do anything) and leave the battery off for half hour or if you know someone with pug planet, get them to clear the fault.

Thanks Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Anyone know where the sensor goes and what part number the sensor is? Mine keeps dropping but has no affect on power.
Thanks given by:
It's on the back of the box on the diff. If your looking at the engine from the front, find where the drivers drive shaft enters the box and it's there.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rev counter dropping out doski 7 1,618 20-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Last Post: toseland