Tyres - Premium or Budget?

Poll: Budgets or Premium Tyres?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Premium Tyres - the best I can afford
73.08%
19 73.08%
OEM recommended tyres
0%
0 0%
Budget branded Tyres - Whatever's cheapest
23.08%
6 23.08%
Re-moulds or part-worns for me!
3.85%
1 3.85%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyres - Premium or Budget?
Ran budget for years TBH, However if I had a car worth driving quickly then I'd get something decent though.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 04:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: You need bigger brakes in emergency situations, everyone knows this.

...4 pots are essential.

Just ask ed
/troll
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Fit the best you can afford and then if the unthinkable does ever happen you will have a clear conscience.
Thanks given by:
I've been driving for 8 years now and have always used budget tires. I know branded tires will 'grip better in the corners' and what not, but I don't rag my cars so I've never needed super grippy tires. I've had emergency stops, evasive action in the rain I've had to taken and tires have never let me down. For all the guys who've stuffed it in a ditch on a B road and blamed the tires, the best tires in the world wouldn't have made any difference. JUst don't drive like a bellend on the roads....simples lol. You want to chuck the car into the corners and stuff then go to a track...should never need anything more than budgets for normal road use IMO
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
decent brand part worns for me . . . . . .yes yes i know some people like to know the history of a tyre, but i'll bet those same people don't buy a car and then change all the tyres for new ones either . .Big Grin
i don't have a lot of money so that's how i roll anyway . .Smile

Toyo Proxies on at the minute, near as new tread 40 quid for the pair . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
306 is running on firestones (on when i bought it) and a hankook spare, when i replace them its getting decent budgets as i drive 3,000 miles a year in traffic---furthest this cars been is to port meirion in wales.
having replaced 18 michelins in 8 years on our galaxy (wear/punctures and school run kerbing damage) at £65 a corner trade price !! i fitted a full set of budget evergreen reinforced tyres to it and have sold loads to other people so i guess the 306 will end up on them.
did have federals on it for 12 months-------no grip at all and wore out in less than 6,000 miles (pure shite).
Thanks given by:
i buy cheap brand tyres mainly for the reason i get too many punctures around the lanes.
a lot of places dont repair tyres theyd sonner sell you new

now if i were to put the car through its paces say tack days on regular occasions id by a better brand or even buy a second set of wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent Low Budget Smart Phone? Toms306 120 21,170 03-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  £200 Budget Bucket Seat silverzx 31 14,137 30-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Best Budget Portable (Garage) Radio silverzx 8 1,691 02-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3