battery in boot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battery in boot
has anyone thought about putting there battery in the boot?

and what do you guys think of the positive wire in this kit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000W-Complete...083wt_1185
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Few of us have, id not recommend that cheap amp cable stuff as its not even thick enough for its own ratings, and it will crank slower / loose amps...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-25mm-170-A...43a26fe207

Something like that, or even the 35mm stuff is more like what I used, works a treat. Also use decent ground cable in the boot / engine bay to ground everything out.

For an uber pro install a breaker should be in the boot, incase the cable shorts anywhere so it dosnt set the car a blaze!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Mine came out the factory with it neatly placed in an under boot floor compartment Wink
Thanks given by:
Darren what's needed for a full relocation? What's involved? It's something that I'm going to do soon and have no idea how to go about it, how do you connect it all up in the bay? Any pictures would be great
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
stfu jordan! lmao not helping Tongue,
and cheers darren! so it needs tobe 25mm or so, i know this sounds really pikey but could i use the wire off extra heavy duty tractor jump leads?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
I'd just pull it everything out of a bmw at the scrappy.
Wiring, fuse box in the boot and the terminal under the bonnet and wire it in to the 306.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 09:21 AM)Chris Wrote: I'd just pull it everything out of a bmw at the scrappy.
Wiring, fuse box in the boot and the terminal under the bonnet and wire it in to the 306.

This

Jump leads arnt designed to be used regularly and they are only a temp measure. Problem is the strands are a lot thinner to allow you to fold jump leads up but proper battery wire, the strands are a lot thicker because it doesn't get bent around.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What Niall said ^

You basically need length of decent cable, pair of decent battery terminals, battery box, some ring crimps for earth cables, some short DECENT cable for earth straps, in the engine bay you need to connect the cable to the starter, remove the old cable, and connect a feed between there and the engine fuse box, or just get a splitter thing and connect the old battery feeds to the new cable, depends how tidy you want to be... then earth strap from engine to chassis, and battery to chasssis and jobs good.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I am going to be doing this as atm I have 0awg running tho the car for the amps in the boot. would it work if I was to simly switch the battery to the other end in the boot and leave the battery clamp as it was? Then earths ofcourse
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving battery to boot. Matt 9 2,195 28-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Matt
  Boot light draining battery Dreijers 8 2,253 26-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Dreijers
  Flat battery/ can't open at to charge battery Aaron _d95 18 7,896 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: C2K