Veg prices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veg prices
Farm foods were doing 10 litres for 9.95 last week
Thanks given by:
whoops i was assuming cos jtf is wholesale
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2012, 07:50 PM)RePT Wrote: What do costco charge? I work at royal mail and apparently we can get cheap stuffz from there..

See my post above. (and below too now lol)

(18-12-2012, 07:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(18-12-2012, 07:05 PM)D@wson Wrote: Bookers KTC 20L is £17.99 as of today.
Same as Costco
Thanks given by:
Chris my post was ages ago lol

its back up at like a pound something now
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
tesco still have 2x5 litres for a tenner . . . it's in the world food section quite often . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thought this thread might need a bump up. Any good deals at the moment. Tesco has 2x5ls for £8 80ppl
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
That 2 for £8 offer was supposed to expire 2-3 weeks ago, i have a feeling they might just be trying to get rid of their stock of it.
Thanks given by:
in which case i will return to the tescos where it was bought from and relive them of some more stock.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Clock the date on the label, they might of extended it officially but when i checked a couple of weeks ago after it had officially expired the label still showed the original expiry date (29/6/14 iirc).
Thanks given by:
29/07/14 offer ends so soon. ill go back and get another 60 or so litres this weekend
Thanks given by:
expired at my local Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ive always wondered what the legal side is on this? like what happens if your tank gets dipped?
Thanks given by:
Don't need to dip the tank, you can smell it a mile off!

But it's perfectly legal anyway, you're allowed a certain amount tax free each year....and obviously everyone that runs it keeps a log of how much they've used.... It wont work in your HDi though, if that's what you were hoping lol.
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2014, 01:48 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: 29/07/14 offer ends so soon. ill go back and get another 60 or so litres this weekend
Its still saying ends 29/6/14 in mine so I assume once I've bought it all thats the end of it.

(20-07-2014, 03:37 PM)Mitch1793 Wrote: ive always wondered what the legal side is on this? like what happens if your tank gets dipped?
It is perfectly legal, You can use up to 2500L of cooking oil in any rolling 12 month period but you MUST keep accurate records and be able to produce those records if required. Failure to keep records and failure to produce carry huge fines. Also the second you go over 2500L you have to pay duty and the VAT on ALL of it so make sure you don't go over.

If the police stop you and ask about it alot wont actually know the rules and will ask you about it so sounding like you know what your on about is always good.

Oh and yes they can still dip your tank as some people still mix veg with paraffin/waste engine oil/red diesel which all are not allowed to be used as road fuels.

The relevant legislation is on the HMRC website but is VERY wordy and alot wont apply to us.

(20-07-2014, 03:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't need to dip the tank, you can smell it a mile off!

But it's perfectly legal anyway, you're allowed a certain amount tax free each year....and obviously everyone that runs it keeps a log of how much they've used.... It wont work in your HDi though, if that's what you were hoping lol.
Tom, alot of that isnt quite right apart from the fact that it will kill a HDi in pretty short order.
Thanks given by:
Some people run all sorts of crap. I started running veg with a splash of diesel in the tank still a couple of days ago. Ive got a little black book in the car with what ive bought how much it cost me and how.many litres it was. That way if I ever get pulled they can.take a look
Thanks given by:
I seen on page ealier (carnt remember were) that it's £13.49 at costco now not sure how true it is as I've not got a card.

Thanks given by:
We dont have a cosco near ours. We have a macro though. Always reasonable deals there. Once the tesco offers over ill go there
Thanks given by:
Think its up at £15.49 at costco at the moment.
Thanks given by:
There is no requirement to keep the book in the car, just that you should be able to produce it.
Just saying...
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2014, 08:20 AM)nominous Wrote: There is no requirement to keep the book in the car, just that you should be able to produce it.
Just saying...

Its just what I use the glovebox for. Id loose it if not. Personal preference Smile
Thanks given by:
I think he's saying make it up...

How are they going to know if you've been using it for months or weeks. As long as you produce some records! "Oh sorry officer I've only been using the stuff for a couple of weeks here's a receipt for £100 worth of veg oil from Costco"
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
For the love of god don't make it up!

If they get an inkling that your making it up and they start asking questions theyll but f*ck you. Remember this is HMRC. If you say you only just started and they think your lying they'll find out how long you've owned the car and what the mileage was at the last MOT then ask where you've been getting fuel before then and then ask you for proof and when your bank statement shows no transactions at shell but alot through tesco or costco every month especially if you live at home with parents they'll know.

I haven't seen anything that actually says what the minimum standard for record keeping is but its not hard. Bash barnard keeps a book in the car. I have a big book at home that gets all fuel receipts stuck in it.
Thanks given by:
For those collecting WVO and filtering they may well not have receipts.
It's a record of litres used and ideally a date against that.

As DumDum says, the last folks you want knocking on your door is the HMRC.
In some respects they have more rights than the police when investigating duty evasion.
And exactly that the MOT records also indicate usage quite clearly once your financials are inspected.

I wasn't inferring not to keep records.
It's not clear to me if the record of use is against the person or the vehicle, so for those with multiple veg burners and multiple people driving them, it gets bit muddy on what are the rules.
So for me it's not best kept in the car and like the driving license you don't need it on you.

In the past thanks to nosey neighbours I've had the pleasure of dealing with traffic on a veg related matter - along with "running an unlicensed scrapyard" due to breaking a car on a driveway.
Some twat thinking I'm getting one over on the system and it's a call to HMRC to stick a knife in, even tho I'm doing it all by the book.
TBH these days I'm quite cautious about where I'll tank her up if on a long journey.
I dont use a services for example, too many traffic about and just needs some pillock to see a load of veg in the back and ring the terrorist hotline and my day is ruined.
Thanks given by:
[quote='Dum-Dum' pid='455094' dateline='1405942374']
For the love of god don't make it up!

If they get an inkling that your making it up and they start asking questions theyll but f*ck you. Remember this is HMRC.

This is so true. Dont EVER mess with these guys theys wont hesitate to f*ck you over. Its always best to.keep records and do it all above board and legal. Ive got previous diesel recipts as well from before I was running it just to be safe incase the question it.

In the past thanks to nosey neighbours I've had the pleasure of dealing with traffic on a veg related matter - along with "running an unlicensed scrapyard" due to breaking a car on a driveway.
Some twat thinking I'm getting one over on the system and it's a call to HMRC to stick a knife in, even tho I'm doing it all by the book.
TBH these days I'm quite cautious about where I'll tank her up if on a long journey.
I dont use a services for example, too many traffic about and just needs some pillock to see a load of veg in the back and ring the terrorist hotline and my day is ruined.

This is also true. So many people think its not legal it make life difficult. To be fair some people dont think its worth the hassle. I keep all my neighbours in the loop of what im doing as ive alwways got cars outside and we live in a friendly village. Just dont be a knob about it basically. Your asking for trouble filling up at tescos or asda
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2014, 11:33 AM)nominous Wrote: I'm quite cautious about where I'll tank her up if on a long journey.

Yeah Piggy knows all about this.

A load of unknown liquid in often un-labled containers (not that you can ever trust a label) Parked near a location where theres lots of people (well it wouldn't need a car park if it didn't have lots of people)
Thanks given by:
What happened to piggy? Get arrested for terrorism?
Thanks given by:
No but the police saw a load of veg on his back seat and put the windows in.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2014, 03:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No but the police saw a load of veg on his back seat and put the windows in.

Thats not good. Ill have to remeber that one.
Thanks given by:
Back on topic of veg prices any one been to bookers or Adam branches lately and know there prices gonna go back to new oil as my regular supply is making my engine very noisey.

Thanks given by:
still got the offer on.. 20 litres of SVO purchased. 10 litres in the tank already

2 for 8 at tesco.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server prices vs Desktop prices silverzx 54 11,280 23-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: procta