Difference between '6 and HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between '6 and HDi
whats the differences between a '6 and a hdi's suspension set up?

Bearing in mind that ive got the meridian and ive got coilovers up front with gaz rear shocks and a lowered torsion...whats best way to the back a bit more planted especially! Fed up of my ass trying to overtake me!
Thanks given by:
Start with gti ARB`s Front and rear. Torsion bars if you wanted to go that far. And a good set of coil overs will make all the difference

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Arbs and torsion is my next plan Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Buy some decent tyres sean? Tongue

Yeah 6' has IIRC thicker ARB's, 20mm lower , thicker torsion bars, better shocks..

A HDi Dturbo will have all those parts already though Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:17 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Buy some decent tyres sean? Tongue

Yeah 6' has IIRC thicker ARB's, 20mm lower , thicker torsion bars, better shocks..

Are you reading this? Its a merdian. I.E for granny to run down the shops and get her shopping spec. Lol

but as danny said tyres should be number one thing to.if you havent already goodens. Parada spec2's or toyo T1Rs are the best for under £200 for 4

Thanks given by:
Ive got kuhmo ku31's on, and i swear by them! But will look into rear arbs. Cheers
Thanks given by:
If the back end feels a bit loose (giggidy) it's generally down to ruined beam mounts. I've just done them on my 6 and it's transformed the car.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:56 PM)puglove Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 02:17 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Buy some decent tyres sean? Tongue

Are you reading this? Its a merdian. I.E for granny to run down the shops and get her shopping spec. Lol

but as danny said tyres should be number one thing to.if you havent already goodens. Parada spec2's or toyo T1Rs are the best for under £200 for 4

Seconding the t1rs!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:56 PM)puglove Wrote: Are you reading this? Its a merdian. I.E for granny to run down the shops and get her shopping spec. Lol

Am i reading this? Are you? Lol.. whats the thread title.......
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:37 PM)Midnightclub Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 02:56 PM)puglove Wrote: Are you reading this? Its a merdian. I.E for granny to run down the shops and get her shopping spec. Lol

If we're going on the title, the difference is in the fuel type....

srsly though, I would start with rear beam mounts, then check your wishbones. I had a lot of play in a p-bush and it made it unbelievably skittish in the twisties; back end always trying to overtake.

Little things will also help such as checking the tracking; toe-out will result in improved turn-in, but a more twitchy car, toe-out will result in a more planted feel, but a less sharp toe-in.

You'll also want to check the rebound settings on your rear shocks. If the spings are too hard up front and the rear is too soft, it'll result in chronic mid-corner understeer. The opposite will occur if the rear is set up too hard for the front springs....

/adenoids.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:37 PM)Midnightclub Wrote:

LOL my bad Tongue reading two threads at once lol, BUT still im sure he has a 5 door meridian and they dont have the same set up as a hdi Dturbo do they?

Thanks given by:
No, they don't.. I never said they did either lol I was just saying haha
Thanks given by:
Sowie danny didnt mean to seem short earlyer! now i read it back it seemed a bit off, wasnt ment to Confused

Thanks given by:
Quit yo jibber jabber fools
Thanks given by:
It's alright babes I forgive you Tongue
Thanks given by:
AAAAwwww i knew you'd understand Heart

Thanks given by:
Is your rear beam lowered? If not this is your problem IMO.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 09:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Is your rear beam lowered? If not this is your problem IMO.

Yep because lowering is the answer to everything.....like involuntary going off roading on a verge?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Another vote here for checking your rear beam mounts.

(12-07-2012, 03:40 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Little things will also help such as checking the tracking. Toe-out will result in improved turn-in, but a more twitchy car; toe-in will result in a more planted feel, but a less sharp turn-in.
Edited to avoid confusion (and bad grammar :p).

You'll also want to check the rebound settings on your rear shocks. If the spings are too hard up front and the rear is too soft, it'll result in chronic mid-corner understeer. The opposite will occur if the rear is set up too hard for the front springs....

^^^ This is very valid too, adjustable rears aren't a fit and forget option. And FYI, adding some toe-out will accentuate the skittishness you're experiencing, mine feels a lot like i'm driving on greasy roads all the time, but i refuse to buy new beam mounts and shocks when i'll be moving the car on in a few months lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sean, how much have you got the rears set to? Think i had mine set to about 180 degrees on the dial and then did another 90 degrees and that seemed just about right
Thanks given by: