PayPal questions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PayPal questions.
So I'm selling a car online, it's up for £1195 and has has had a fair bit of interest.

I'm wondering, as many are asking if I accept PayPal, whether once money is transferred, can they then just withdraw their transfer?
Is there a legit way to ensure ill get the money?

I'm currently saying PayPal deposit only and cash on collection.

Answers on a postcard. Thanks.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
IMO paypal make it far too easy for the buyer to claim their money back after the sale so I would stick with saying no, even if you were to withdraw the money from paypal you would just end up with a paypal account that contains -£1195 and they will also bum you for fees so I would just generally avoid them for any large transactions like that TBH!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
IMOTBH mark I agree, and would hate the neg balance to appear •_•
Thanks given by:
Cash on collection when selling a car dont use paypal as u will most likely get scammed
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 09:57 AM)ginge191 Wrote: IMOTBH mark I agree, and would hate the neg balance to appear •_•

Feck off Ginge, you know what I mean though! and it it totally IMO TBH Tongue

its just too easy for them to claim it back after the sale has gone through and they have the car and on an amount like that paypal would have a field day, stick to a non-refundable desposit via paypal and rest cash on collect as you are Smile

IMO................
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Never had a problem with PayPal. Just keep the proof that they have taken delivery of the item. Then any ruling will go in your favour.
Thanks given by:
Fair points; what about PayPal gift payment? That cant be withdrawn
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:02 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Never had a problem with PayPal. Just keep the proof that they have taken delivery of the item. Then any ruling will go in your favour.

9 times out of 10 though paypal side with the buyer regardless, all well and good having taken delivery of an item but if its not as described they can still claim their money back, I would stick with cash, that is much harder for them to try and claim back! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
F*ck having that much come through PayPal.

They will take a big ol' percentage of whatever you take so your chances of actually receiving £1195.00 in full in your bank account are slim as feck.

I'd ask for a 10% deposit via paypal and arrange to pay in person / on collection, like most car sales.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:02 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Never had a problem with PayPal. Just keep the proof that they have taken delivery of the item. Then any ruling will go in your favour.

Unless the account used has been used without the owners permission then you will lose all the money and the car.
Thanks given by:
Don't use PayPal unless gifted. PayPal charges are a bitch
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Paypal gift can also be claimed back if the other person reports that there account has been used but not by them Sad
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 10:19 AM)R45_ODV Wrote: Paypal gift can also be claimed back if the other person reports that there account has been used but not by them Sad

I think that he was meaning to avoid the fees mate Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I know what matt was saying but i fort i would add that it can still be claimed back if ginge sold his car and got paid gift Smile
Thanks given by:
id say that you were doing it right mate. I would definitely allow paypal as a deposit but i would definitely want the remainder in cash!
Thanks given by:
Seems they sent a few messages each as i took a few days to reply; now i've been waiting a day since telling them i only take CoC and a paypal deposit. I've heard NOTHING back, just avoided a scam perhaps..
Thanks given by:
Could be that way. Some can be legit. I wanted to pay £1k cash and £1k PayPal when I was looking at a 2k rallye. Only cos I had 1k in my bank and 1k in credit cards lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
The only reason people want to pay by palpal, is because they want to take you for a ride, simples, cash on collection Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paypal Email... Toms306 10 1,908 27-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  PayPal- lifting withdraw limits? strictly_perv 6 1,903 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Matt
  WTF Paypal! Dodgy Bob 26 5,789 05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dave