Bosch pump rattly and unwell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump rattly and unwell
Sad 
Evening,

So lately my pump has been leaking veg ever so slightly, but worse than that, absolutely eating fuel filters, like 300 miles on good filtered veg. My theory here is that the pump was leaking fuel, but when filters got blocked it sucked air = nothing.

So was fiddling about on sat and found the pump to be leaking from the governor shaft, so pulled pump off, head off, shaft out, new o-ring and built all up again. Now I marked the correct place for the shaft so that seems right, but something doesn't seem to be.

On start up the best way to describe it is just plain rough, just sounds wrong in some way, then theres a knocking noise out of the pump itself I think. I pulled the lid off the pump and set it on again but still the same. Driving wise the car is way down on power, can be driven easy but if you rev it hard then lift off and clutch the engine just dies.

Drove 30 odd mile with it fine, but then just cut out on me. On inspection the primer bulb was sucked in so I looked to the tank strainer, this was grand, but there was a wee connector/one way valve which was blocked. Fixing this and I've still the same problems, this wee rattle, lack of power, and cutting out after any hard reving.

So anyone any suggestions, could I have buggered the vane pump if the pump had run dry?

Sorry for such a long post btw and congratulations to anyone that has got this far!!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
If the grande is still stuck in something is still blocked along the fuel lines Did a similar problem on another car where strainer was completely blocked also checke for water in the fuel filter housing turning the bleed screw below it?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
It was my car that was blocked up, mine sucked the grenade in and ran like shite also cut out when coming to a junction (putting clutch in) check the strainer as above Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I checked the strainer and it was fine though. There had been a blockage in a connector thingy but I cleared it and checked the whole lines and they were all clear. Worried that if the pump had run dry I could have buggered stuff like the vane pump inside :-S
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Change the grenade they are only a couple of quid on eBay. As for the rattling and down on power could be the timing has jumped a tooth check all the timing holes line up.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,440 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,990 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,491 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM