central locking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
central locking?
right fuse had blown so changed it

all doors lock when i put the key in the drivers door and lock and unlock fine,

if i press the button on my key all the doors unlock EXCEPT the drivers door but when i press to lock it flicks down then back up so im assuming its something on the drivers door?

any ideas?
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
yeah, its f*cked.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
helpful mate thanks lol

Current cars
Thanks given by:
was it working before the fuse blew?

do you have another key fob you can try?

have you been messing around with your wing mirrors. iirc i had a simular problem with mine and turns out i had traped a wire when i changed my wing mirrors and kept on blowing the fuse for the central locking ( i think) and the indicators. must all be on the same fuse. if im wrong then im sure someone will tell me.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i bought the car with the central locking not working, not that fussed to be honnest mate as it works with the key just wandered if there was a simple solution

Current cars
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 09:41 PM)td_dan Wrote: i bought the car with the central locking not working, not that fussed to be honnest mate as it works with the key just wandered if there was a simple solution

More than likely a wire in the door loom, or possibly the drivers door mech check all the bars going to handles ect ive had same problem recently but all doors and boot would unlock

Worth checking these out
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine has an issue. Quite comical really.

Lock the drivers door, only drivers door locks. About 10 seconds later passenger side locks.
Makes me laugh everytime. As everytime I walk round to passenger side to lock it, it lock just before I get there haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Mine also does this... Stick the key in the door everything unlocks. Use the fob and everything bar the drivers door. But if I keep doing it, it then refuses to lock and have to wait a few minutes for it to reset itself. I dunno if it's cause the passenger door has been smoothed or there is a wiring issue
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chances are one of the live wires to the dervers door lock is broken, when u Lock or unlock the drivers or passenger door it either earths the lock or unlock circuit and powers the rest of the motors, ur manually moving the lock to earth the lock or unlock circuit which is why it behaves normal off the key
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Interesting thread lol, My passenger side came smoothed off when i bought it luckily i removed some excess insulation tape off the door loom and checked wires that have been replaced by previous owner couldnt see a problem have re taped and it works since.... well for now haha

Peugeot Electrics are GREAT Smile
Thanks given by:
If its the locking unit in the door I have a spare.
Thanks given by:
ash how much? are you coming to the rr?

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Hmm, £10 posted, can't say for definite about the RR day that's why I'm down on the list as a maybe, also have so much to do to the car but I'm unable to do it because of
a: my hands are painfull
b: the weather and could really do with somewhere undercover and a group of peeps turning up to help for a day or 2
Thanks given by:
im having troubles with mine! wont even lock on key :S it locks then unlocks Sad
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Try locking it from the passenger side if it all locks down and unlocks fine then its either the motor or broken wire that supplies power to the lock... Most of the time its the wires
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Im still having this problem think its the wires give them a jiggle and fixed it for a few weeks but its come back and unlocks as soon as locks only trouble cant check by locking passesnger side as the prev owner has smoothed passenger lock off

anyone know which are the wires to look for

Cheers CJ
Thanks given by:
Time to strip the loom and find the broken wires and if that doesn't fix it I still have the locking unit.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 06:21 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Time to strip the loom and find the broken wires and if that doesn't fix it I still have the locking unit.

Hi mate have you still got drivers side locking unit?? £10 posted? I get paid tomoz pm me paypal details and il send as a gift when money goes in bank first thing in morning

CJ

in fact i may leave this as need it asap so will see if there are any at the scrap yard tomoz bud but wil let u no,

Ive just reprogrammed the fob and it locks and unlocks and then for some reason just stopped working and then tried locking with key and the drivers door just locked but nothing else so putting it down to the locking unit itself as wiring hadnt been touched and is all insulated and looks to have been previously redone
Thanks given by:
Yeah - I've still got it - mine is known working - you will have to test yours at the scrappers to make sure it works.
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2012, 02:11 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Yeah - I've still got it - mine is known working - you will have to test yours at the scrappers to make sure it works.

i know me mate works there so if it dont work il grab another this weekend lol will be in touch
Thanks given by:
If you see any ph3s in there can you grab me the plugs for the roof lights with a length of wire attached please I need 2 for a little mod i have planned - beer tokens your way.
Thanks given by:
yeah course a can matey Smile is it just the one set you need?

I stripped the loom and checked all wires the power to locking motor had already been re-wired and in good condition so re-insulated so just need to get a motor today
Thanks given by:
It's the plug that goes into the over head light and should be shaped to fit into here:[Image: 5ad9a526-73fc-4aea.jpg]
As you can see I already have the ph3 lights I just need the 2 4pin plugs with a bit of wire on them to enable me to splice into my existing courtesy lights.
Thanks given by:
Sorted a motor for locking off a 5 Door they are the same and only cost a tenner Smile

Is this what you need pal i got both as didnt know which u wanted pm ur addy il pop in envelope n post for ya bud

[Image: 20120727_135734.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your help bud - repped! If your mate can get any more of the plugs with the yellow bit on I need 1 more - bur not the little square plug. Happy with the same price if he can, :thumbsup:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,002 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,194 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,533 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306