car Tax Trouble

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car Tax Trouble
Right got a rediciment. I have just noticed my car tax ran out yesterday, however I am in scotland with no car documents and no money untill payday on friday. The car is parked in a multistory carpart at the hotel. I am going to try get on the comuter and sorn the car tonight as I don't drive it while up here. But is there anyway I can tax it over the phoe friday day without any documents or ref numbers other than the reg? As its a 4 hour 200 mile drive home I could do without the police hassle, and there is always more than plenty along the way.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Can't you do it online and ring home for the v5 numbers?
Thanks given by:
I don't get paid till friday but yes actually i could get the numbers for friday. The question is tho i have no idea at all where all the stuff is. It could be buried in the shed for all i know as recently rearranged all the shit in there and i have the keys

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
I would ring dvla and explain the situation and see if they will do it off the reg. Failing that im sure you get so many days grace to retax it Smile

Edit: if you have sorn it you will probly get done for no tax tho Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2012, 06:22 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Right got a rediciment. I have just noticed my car tax ran out yesterday, however I am in scotland with no car documents and no money untill payday on friday. The car is parked in a multistory carpart at the hotel. I am going to try get on the comuter and sorn the car tonight as I don't drive it while up here. But is there anyway I can tax it over the phoe friday day without any documents or ref numbers other than the reg? As its a 4 hour 200 mile drive home I could do without the police hassle, and there is always more than plenty along the way.

If you haven't got the docs with you you've as much chance of plaiting fog, I remember trying to tax my Mondeo as I had lost the V5 was out of tax and all I had was the green slip which I had already used to buy tax in the past so it had a PO stamp on it...they wouldn't let me use that so phoned DVLA to find out where I could do it or anything else I could do "you'll have to go to the DVLA local office" where is that I said "Lincoln" the helpful voice replied..."Great I'm 50 miles away from there I have no tax and therefore no car" so now what do I do? "Well you'll have to catch a bus otherwise there's an £80 fine"

Good luck mate whatever you do!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The DVLA office is only 5 mins away from my house....in Leeds Lol i will look for the Glasgow office. Its just a real pain as i only have my mobile and internet is £1 a min on the computer downstairs!

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
Thanks given by:
Where abouts in Scotland are you? A quick google search will determine where the closest one is. Maybe go there and plea with them?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
To be fair they do send you a reminder way in advance of the disc expiring, I just had to re-tax mine.

This thread has reminded me that the tax disc is still in my girlfriends handbag...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Can you not get someone at home to go to the local office and tax it there for you? Providing its showing as taxed on their computers, the chances of you getting pulled are slim and if you do, you will have a "in the post" grace period of about 5 days. You might get a producer to take the new tax disc to the police station just to prove you got it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Youd have to be bloody unlucky to get pulled by the police for just having no tax.

As long as one of the DVLA ANPR vans dosent see you youll be fine.

Dont SORN it as thats a much worse offence if you then cant get it taxed and use the car.

Try the DVLA local office in Glasgow but I suspect theyll be unhelpful.
Thanks given by:
You get 5 days grace anyways as long as you HAVEN'T sorn the car, so as long as you tax the car within those 5 days you should be fine
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I knew you were trouble.. Dicky 25 9,334 25-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Last Post: 1616six