Vibration issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration issues
Hello chaps,

sorry I haven't been around much but all your chat about 306's was making me depressed and I haven't worked out a way yet that I can get another one Sad So I have been distancing myself so I don't get upset that I scrapped Josie and Rachel...

Anyhoo, I hope you dont mind as this is more general steering issue than a 306 issue but nether the less, I have an issue with steering and need some advice.

I took my car to the garage the other week as when I drive along the motorway around the 70mph mark and the road turns to the right, I get a pretty bad shudder, from the front also happens when suddenly overtaking at speed. Much worse when under load and mainly after 30min of driving and at high speeds. The garage couldn't find anything out of sorts on the ramps but noted that the steering rack arm was a bit loose so I let them replace it and it cost me £100. Took it back up the road and nothing had changed. Wheels are needing replaced and the right one is worn unevenly on the inside. Tracking has been done, balancing done. Still got the problem. All cv boots, bushes look ok from a visual inspection.

Any thought?

Cheers
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Scrap it and buy a 306 again, that'll fix your problem and bring you many more to scratch your head over Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yes 306 is your solution. Bet you mrs don't mind the vibrations though. :p
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2012, 05:16 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Yes 306 is your solution. Bet you mrs don't mind the vibrations though. :p

Oh we are so damn helpful lol

Seriously though I would suspect a TRE or wishbone for that sort of problem.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2012, 05:37 PM)mark_airey Wrote:
(30-06-2012, 05:16 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Yes 306 is your solution. Bet you mrs don't mind the vibrations though. :p

Oh we are so damn helpful lol

Seriously though I would suspect a TRE or wishbone for that sort of problem.

I was expecting abuse and mentally prepared myself accordingly Tongue

Yeah, probably is but I don't have pockets deep enough for trial and error at the moment as it needs to be done at a garage (no where to work properly and need the car daily) Maybe I should just tell them to replace the wishbone which should eliminate quite a few possible parts which could fail.
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
right hand driveshaft/cv joint/inner joint is worn;

as it only happens when turning right , or overtaking (which means you also pull out to the right)
Thanks given by:
again, easy to check the drivers side long driveshaft where it passes through the lower mount / bearing is not a bit loose - only two 10mm nuts. Just incase.

Thought I had a wheel bearing gone once and it was just this, juddering on right turns and on acceleration - fixed in about 5mins
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty vibration coming from the rear brakes johnny625 9 3,891 12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: johnny625
  Strange vibration. decjhawes 12 3,020 21-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  VIBRATION- balancing and tracking done thealphanoob 0 1,039 22-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: thealphanoob