What are you getting your parents for Christmas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you getting your parents for Christmas?
So everyone, the hardest people to buy for, what are you getting your parents for Christmas?

Ive just bought a voucher for mine for afternoon tea for 2 at The Ritz Hotel in London. Cost just shy of £100 however I was pleasantly surprised to find no extra charges, booking fees or postage added in on top.

My parents (especially my mum) like to think theyer posher than they are so I think its perfect, Its even got a proper strict dress code (they wouldnt let me in).
Thanks given by:
Dad a bottle of whiskey, step mum a bath set lol.
Dont do big pressies
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Me and my brother buy for dad, sisters buy for mum.

Got dad some wipers for the Bimmer, you don't half pay badge tax!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
my dad whisky, my mum a box of malteasers sorted! not even gonna bother wrapping them up ether.
Thanks given by:
jo3 Wrote:my dad whisky, my mum a box of malteasers sorted! not even gonna bother wrapping them up ether.

Thats horrible! Lol. I got my mum loads, even Willy pasta lol..dad just getting a bottle of vodka.. Hes the hardest to shop for! X
pink
Thanks given by:
smanfa Wrote:Thats horrible! Lol. I got my mum loads, even Willy pasta lol..dad just getting a bottle of vodka.. Hes the hardest to shop for! X

no its not lol, im not very chrstimasy anyway.. infact i hate it with a passion! same as birthdays i hate. tbh shes lucky that there getting that, i havent even bought it yet so i might not even bother, only reason why i do it is becouse my mum will go on for about 5 months saying how i dident get her anything, basicly its just to shut her up. x

p.s it will be the cheaper stuff aswell so if i can get somthing thats buy one get one free, or knocked down she gets that instead.
Thanks given by:
jo3 Wrote:
smanfa Wrote:Thats horrible! Lol. I got my mum loads, even Willy pasta lol..dad just getting a bottle of vodka.. Hes the hardest to shop for! X

no its not lol, im not very chrstimasy anyway.. infact i hate it with a passion! same as birthdays i hate. tbh shes lucky that there getting that, i havent even bought it yet so i might not even bother, only reason why i do it is becouse my mum will go on for about 5 months saying how i dident get her anything, basicly its just to shut her up. x

p.s it will be the cheaper stuff aswell so if i can get somthing thats buy one get one free, or knocked down she gets that instead.

Ahahaha!!! Your hilarious!! Mean but funny! Tight ass haha x
pink
Thanks given by:
Dad dont know yet... meybe whisky never fails... mums getting a canon 400D + bird lenses Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Whiskey definitely seems to be a safe bet with dads...

My mum's ipod needed repairing so I paid for that for her from Apple Smile Not too sure what to get for my dad though...bearing in mind I'll have to bring it over with me to Canada in January I don't want it to be something really heavy...ideas anyone?
Thanks given by:
My dad will get nothing as i barley know him and my mum will get the same as she doesnt even deserve the title "mum"

But my auntie and uncle will be getting some money in a card cos they are the hardest to buy for lol
Thanks given by:
Dad - headphones for his phone, socks and turkish delight. My step mum says I'm not aloud to buy her things so I'll give her some chocolate or jelly babies just to say thanks for being a mum to me Smile
Thanks given by:
Mum will get a couple of CD's and DVD that she wanted and a voucher to get her nails done at the local beauty place.

Dad, not much point buying for him, what with him being dead an'all kinda seems a bit, well, pointless? :roll:
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
im buying my parents nothing... now hear me out...

Because im from a fairly large family, (im 1 of 6) plus step parents... so thats a total of 8 in my household (not here all the same time ofcourse) but those are the ones i usually buy for....

£20 per person = £160... thats a lot..

SO this year, we've all decideod on doing a secret santa, everyone writes down what they'd like for xmas, put their names into a hat, pick soemone else out with a maximum of spending £100 on that person, you receive a DECENT gift as does everyone else, rather than a £20 smelly set from boots.....

winning?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge that sounds like a good idea.

Me and my mates have agreed a £20 limit and no christmas cards
Thanks given by:
that is a better idea ginge in a big household.

Getting mum a netbook and stepdad a jumper and probs a bottle of whiskey, hes impossible to buy for!
Thanks given by:
No cards ftw, pointless things that go on the mantelpiece for a week, then head straight for recycling. I see everyone at Christmas that i'd write a card for anyway.

Dad's got a book on improving classic motorcycle engines (determined to get him modding his 50's BSA LOL) and my step-mum is getting a high-spec compass with instructions. Sounds random, but she's recently got into walking in a big way and wants to stop being so reliant on pre-marked routes.

We're not really bothered by surprises, would rather just ask for what we want and get a present that we know is going to be great. Personally I think it feels better to give something when you know the receiver really wants it. Giggidy.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
indeed its a good idea - fair enough when your all around the age of 10/11 - you love opening LOADS of presents no matter what it is - im the 2nd youngest at nearly 22 now Tongue we appreciate a nice gift...

secret santa'ing is the way forward! Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post/thread of Christmas! Merry Christmas! Dum-Dum 36 10,214 08-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Matt
  Drunken neighbours and parents on home brew... cully 14 3,674 19-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Niall