key programming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
key programming
I have a 2000ish hdi with the RF fob, but only 1. so i bought another one as a spare, but i didnt realise that it needs to be done by someone with a super computer to tune it in. i thought it was just turn the ignition on, open a door, close a door(or which ever way it is)Blush
so my question is, has someone had this done before? and how much did it cost?
I dont need to worry about tuning in the chip for the immbobilser, as my ecu is unlockedv Dodgy
Ta
Thanks given by:
If the second key you bougjt is second hand, chances are it won't work on your car. Their normally one use. Once their programmed to a car it can't be changed. It rarely works. New key chip is about £80
Iirc.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You can program the car to the key with peugeot planet, but you can't program two keys from different cars. One or the other will work but you're programming the CL ecu to the key, not the other way round. Two different keys will always be different.

Peugeot can code a new key but that's £££
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
bugger. thanks for the response. so its a new key all together. i imagine thats in the £100`s then Doh
Thanks given by:
so if you got 2 keys from another car you could program them in and have you're old one no longer working?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
would it not be easier to find a scrap car with both keys and take the ecu, keys, central locking unit and key reader and put the lot into your car? or just live with the key you have?
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 05:26 PM)lolsteve Wrote: so if you got 2 keys from another car you could program them in and have you're old one no longer working?

No. You have to think of the key as two separate items

Immobiler. Each key has a tiny chip that has a unique ID. You can program up to 5 of these to start the car.
Central locking. Once again you can have up to 5 but it works the other way round. The car BSI has a unique code which is written to the central locking chip in your key. Once a code is written, it can't be changed. The key chips are 'one use' in that sense but there are rumours of it occasionally working.

So if you don't mind your RCL not working, programming keys can be done very easily with keys (new or old), pug planet and your security code for your car.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
it ecu is unlocked so doesnt need coding. its the central locking that i want it for,
i want to keep the dead lock. has any one put an alarm on and still able to engage the dead lock?
Thanks given by:
It might be cheaper for you then to find a BSI and ECU with a few keys and just fit that.
Iirc if you supply 12v to the deadlock, it also locks the standard lock so could get away with a basic alarm system. Don't hold me to that though.
Personally I don't use the dead locks after what happened with grants car. 306s are not difficult to get into so just let them and do less damage.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ok cheers guys. ill look around and let you know what happens
Thanks given by:
Hi,

I have a phase 3 with RF central locking, long story short I only have 1 key for the car. I've got an RF board out of a replacement key for 206, but should work with 106/206/306 and on of those fancy flip out keys with a blank blade for a 306. I need to get a transponder chip and have the existing key cloned onto it, the new key cutting, and the rf programmed. I've looked into it but it seems people are only tackling one of these problems at a time and i'm not getting much sucess finding a good answer.
What would you guys recommend, or where can I go to get the original key copied and the new one ready to start and lock the car.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Stuart
Thanks given by:
Timpsons can do the immobiler chip.
If the central locking chip is second hand, it can't work with your car. Their one use.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, maybe i should list what i have and what i'm after.

Got:-
Original key
Original transponder chip
Central locking working on original key
Empty flip case and uncut blade for a 306
RF board from a Peugeot 2 button key
No new transponder, not even a second hand transponder

Want:-
Uncut key cutting the same as the original [thanks for the timpsons suggestion]
RF board programmed to car [although i assume i just follow the guide in the handbook]
A new blank transponder chip thats compatible with the 306 and said chip programmed with the data or whatever from the original transponder.

Its mainly the chip part i'm having trouble with but could do with advise on the whole thing.

Thanks guys
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programming keys to different BSI allye 8 2,652 26-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Keyfob programming/confusion. Photos inside Dazecoop 17 6,801 09-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  1 Button key programming Chris_90 1 1,319 07-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Chris_90