Passed second year uni

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed second year uni
woooooooo another year under my belt. Don't have results yet so could be just scrapped through lol but got to be better than the majority of the course who have 2-6 fails

Slight shame though, wanted an excuse to stay longer in this student lifestyle

Anyone else got any results?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
[Image: daf73b113cfe64d4158e176fb2604ae3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one Steve. Smile

And, not Uni, But I passed my level 3 motor vehicle maintenance and repair with triple distinction yesterday.................now just need to find a job!!
Thanks given by:
Welcome Steve!

Tom, that's great news. Now you just need to put it all into practical use! It's one thing learning it but they can't teach you how to work round problems!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
get my results middle of next month... third times the charm! lmao
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 07:53 AM)Niall Wrote: Welcome Steve!

Tom, that's great news. Now you just need to put it all into practical use! It's one thing learning it but they can't teach you how to work round problems!

Cheers Niall, I'm looking for an apprenticeship or even just work experience to increase my practical mechanical skill atm. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeh i got all my results through from my second year of comp tech at uni. All 76%+ so well on track for a firsts! Really want to spend the rest of my life at uni now thought tbh its great fun apart from the shit accomodation for 2 years but my house is epic this year Big Grin Just got to work on final year project now Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yup, passed first year with an average of 75% Big Grin

Mechanical Engineering (Automotive) at the University of Birmingham BTW Smile
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Well done Kezzie+Srowell , wish I could do well enough for a first.

Student houses are a blast Big Grin terrible, but amazing all in one

Good luck with finding a job Tom, got anywhere in mind?

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeaaah Big Grin another yr down.. Another 3+2 to go
FML
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
maybe i can do a masters afterwards. Dont want to stop! When i move into my student house Ill post pics. Its literaly he most awesome student house ever! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 09:07 PM)SRowell Wrote: maybe i can do a masters afterwards. Dont want to stop! When i move into my student house Ill post pics. Its literaly he most awesome student house ever! Big Grin

Or maybe you could stop sponging off tax payers and not bother spending extra thousands on a course you don't really need to do.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
^lol,

round 2.. *Ding ding*
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 07:35 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Good luck with finding a job Tom, got anywhere in mind?

Not really, tried all the local places but not enough work apparently. Just gotta keep looking tbh, although my tutor wants me to go to uni. So I thought about a job in anything for s year then going uni next year but I'm not sure atm, uni doesn't appeal to me anyway.
Thanks given by:
Niall it ain't sponging if it gets you a higher paid job that means you'll end up paying unfair amounts in tax for rest of your life. Think of it more as in investment that pays out to the local community....s pubs

Tom uni is amazing, really the best time of my life there. Where else can you go out get totally ratted, sleep til 3 next day and get ready to do it again lol

Thanks given by:
Yeah what's the realistic chances of that though? Especially in motor engineering? How many mechanics do you see earning 70-80k a year. Even a senior engineer for the likes of Bentley, Aston ect will only earn 30k ish
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(29-06-2012, 07:01 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Where else can you go out get totally ratted, sleep til 3 next day and get ready to do it again lol

That sounds awful IMO!! lmao
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 09:58 PM)Niall Wrote:
(28-06-2012, 09:07 PM)SRowell Wrote: maybe i can do a masters afterwards. Dont want to stop! When i move into my student house Ill post pics. Its literaly he most awesome student house ever! Big Grin

Or maybe you could stop sponging off tax payers and not bother spending extra thousands on a course you don't really need to do.

for your information a masters you have to fund yourself or be sponsored by a business to do! Also a loan isnt sponging. I dont know what you are thinking about these student loans but you have to pay them back WITH INTEREST so tbh they actually make money! Its the huge grants given to families who earn less than XXX. Some of my coursemates get given thousands to keep and they all just go and buy PS3s etc! D: Its disgusting!
Thanks given by:
PLUS for myself a masters is incredibly important as I need 4 years of education in order to be eligible for Chartership.

Oh and Niall, you're wrong, senior engineers at Aston get comfortably over £50k a year, I'd know, I know one.

Oh and Sam those grants are what is keeping me at uni, so less of the sweeping statements mmkay?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2012, 06:07 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: PLUS for myself a masters is incredibly important as I need 4 years of education in order to be eligible for Chartership.

Oh and Niall, you're wrong, senior engineers at Aston get comfortably over £50k a year, I'd know, I know one.

Oh and Sam those grants are what is keeping me at uni, so less of the sweeping statements mmkay?

oh yeh thats all good. Its just when people dont paritcularly need the help and spendit on PS3s and everything! Obviously the are essential part of a student life...

(15-06-2012, 08:24 AM)declantg Wrote: Ok mum x
Thanks given by:
I've already got a job as Civil engineer, doing summer placement atm. The guy I'm working for is a small time self employed dude and he takes home £80k easy

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up The Scraper just passed it's second MOT !! cheapo 3 1,351 11-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Last Post: cheapo
  Kayley's Passed! :D cully 18 2,420 20-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Matt
Wink MOT passed! Dum-Dum 19 4,335 22-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Piggy