Problem :/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem :/
Okay, So I noticed when I first got my 306 it was sluggish compared to my old one.

After a month of having it I've lost all boost but there is no smoke at all and I can't hear boost pressure pissing out.. any ideas?

Also theres no whistling from the exhaust
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Check the D-Seal, it's the one at the top right behind the intercooler, notorious for going and only a few quid to replace, i'd also check the hose clamps on the left hand side of the intercooler Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Check the D-Seal, it's the one at the top right behind the intercooler, notorious for going and only a few quid to replace, i'd also check the hose clamps on the left hand side of the intercooler Smile
I checked the D-Seal and it seems fine, I tightened everything I could on top but behind is just a nightmare as I'm a f*cking tank and can't get my hands and arms nowhere -_-

Thanks for the help anymore ideas?
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Get some soapy water and pour it over any of the boost pipes, if you can see bubbles there's your leak Smile
Thanks given by:
you probably have a fuel restriction and a boost leak. Give it a good service and check for those leeks and she should be al'reet
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Get some soapy water and pour it over any of the boost pipes, if you can see bubbles there's your leak Smile
Thats my next plan of attack, didn't think of that tbh Doh If not found today I'm taking it down my brother to put on his ramp, its a piss take doing stuff on the floor when you 6"4 lol
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Also check that when the pedal is to the floor that the throttle cable is fully extended! Friends DT only boosted 11psi because of this.. took us ages to work out lol
Thanks given by:
I would say fuel filter may be past its best.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Get some soapy water and pour it over any of the boost pipes, if you can see bubbles there's your leak Smile
Trouble with that is you can't really pressurise the system whilst looking at it
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would say its a fuel issue, maybe your boost compensator pipe has come off, or your fuel filter is starving.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Drove it last night, windows closed no music on just to see if I could hear anything and I can slightly hear a boost leak -_-
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Get a boost gauge on it, if its stock then could be a boost leak and you wouldnt see any smoke... but if its been tuned chances are with a boost leak you'll get some coal chuffing out back...
Thanks given by:
Update,
Changed fuel filter, no change but it does idle a little smoother

Thought it could be my cat because of the lack of revs while idling - took my exhaust off and struggled with one of the bolts (two nuts on the bottom no 10mm bolt on top :S?)

Checked boost pipes, none of them their all fine.

Checked turbo, the turbine has no play what so ever in it, all seems smooth

I noticed Injector #1 was leaking slightly but I don't see how that would make me lose all boost?
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Dont no how the feck it happend but it may have happend to you to, my mate had this problem and after about 8 hours of head scratching it turned out the lock nut on the boost compensater had come loose and ratted its self in and had restricted itself..........to this day im not sure how this happen'd but screwed it back out and hey presto boost returned, This was on a lucus aswell btw

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:Dont no how the feck it happend but it may have happend to you to, my mate had this problem and after about 8 hours of head scratching it turned out the lock nut on the boost compensater had come loose and ratted its self in and had restricted itself..........to this day im not sure how this happen'd but screwed it back out and hey presto boost returned, This was on a lucus aswell btw
Thanks, I'll have to give that a try tomorrow
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Has it ever been tuned before?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:Has it ever been tuned before?
Nope, shes unmolested all original
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Clogged (or soaked) air filter maybe?

Does sound fueling related mind, try some redex or similar. I take it you are running on pump fuel not some dodgy concoction.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Clogged (or soaked) air filter maybe?

Does sound fueling related mind, try some redex or similar. I take it you are running on pump fuel not some dodgy concoction.
I did run it on red diesel for about 2 weeks

I'm just not getting the fuel problem bit? Turbo runs on exhaust gases and not fuel or can someone correct me..
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Turbos run on hot, expanding exhaust gasses...

The more fuel you put in, the harder the engine works, the more energy exits the exhaust, spinning the turbocharger faster... Hence why lifting off the throttle slows the turbo down - less fuel injected, therefore less hot exhaust gas to spin the turbocharger...

The injector pump/engine struggling for fuel will reduce power and therefore boost, if you were having an air problem, you'd notice belching black smoke from the back, from the engine running rich as there's not enough air to burn with the injected fuel...

More than likely a fuel related issue... If I were you, check your in tank sender - lift the back seats, there's a black cap, pry it off and undo the ring around the tank sender and pull out - have rags at the ready - there's a strainer in the bottom of that pot where it picks up the fuel, that can often clog and cause all sorts of problems...

*****^^ONLY DO THE ABOVE WITH LESS THAN A QUARTER OF A TANK OF FUEL^^*****!!! Or you'll end up with about 30 litres of fuel pissing out all over the floor... Preferably verging on the edge of empty, just in case!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Not so much on an unmolested DT though Ruan, it could be an air issue, it still wouldn't smoke if its choked unlike our sprung pumps which huff at any air restriction.
Thanks given by:
Okay so tomorrow my to-do list is
Order injector seat
Check boost compensator
Check tank sender

Any other suggestions?
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Not so much on an unmolested DT though Ruan, it could be an air issue, it still wouldn't smoke if its choked unlike our sprung pumps which huff at any air restriction.

You've got to get the filter chronically blocked to allow too little air in for a standard engine...

I've got my money on fuel starvation.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Anyone got the part number for lucas injectors? 98 R Reg D Turbo
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update:
Broke all my leak-off pipes taking my inector's out -_- took my injectors out and struggled and got my hair off with the seals.. got both of the seals out of every injector cleaned the carbon shit out of the ports replaced seals and put injectors back in.

Anyone have any idea where I can get leak-off pipes from?
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
ebay do them
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Actually didn't think leak off pipes would be sold on ebay
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
You can get leak off pipes in halfords sounds like fuel issue to me have you checked primer grenade or fuel filter housing?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Late on the band wagon here but it sounds like fuel starvation to me as well.........

(13-06-2012, 10:41 PM)Dicky Wrote: Anyone got the part number for lucas injectors? 98 R Reg D Turbo

I have 4 lucas injectors and 2 pumps sat on my bench at home, PM me a sensible offer posted if you want any them Wink

As for leakoff pipes either - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIESEL-LEAK-SP..._972wt_932

or Halfords Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Put everything back together today, 2 little problems at 3k it grinds like someone has got an angle grinder on the subframe and she splitters abit on idle..

Any ideas?
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by: