Adjustable Droplinks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjustable Droplinks
I was just browsing ebay and came across these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xsara-...748wt_1221

Unless I'm mistaken the Xsara droplinks are the same as on a 306? Has anyone had any experience with these?
Thanks given by:
Look like ripps ones but I think he said they were built to a lower standard. Though that might just be my memory playing up lol
Thanks given by:
Hopefully he'll give an answer then, desperately need something that is going to work.. :/
Thanks given by:
Want! Info on these and perhaps even a group buy on these?!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2012, 09:31 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Look like ripps ones but I think he said they were built to a lower standard. Though that might just be my memory playing up lol

Mine were all aluminium - anodised aluminium bodies with rolled threads, forged 7075 aluminium joints, oversized bodies for less wear, etc, and all the hardware was polished stainless steel too.
However, the bloke doing these used to just use steel bodies and joints, looks like they've switched to ally, which'll help with the weight a bit over the old ones he used to offer.
Thanks given by:
I thought I heard right. Have to say Ripps are going strong on mine, been very impressed with them.
Thanks given by:
*ripp needs to make these again*
Thanks given by:
I think Ripp has another project on the go that he discussed briefly with me @ FCS but it's up to him when he divulges the Info Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ripp's got plenty of projects on the go!

I might do a few sets shortly, depends how many joints I have left.
Thanks given by:
I NEED a set of these, I forked out for f*cking Lemforder ones, and they're knocking again already Angry
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Hmm, hope you don't get lots of questions now asking about the project I was referring to - I'm saving my pennies up ready :thumbsup)
Thanks given by:
I want to know about this project.
Thanks given by:
i know haha he has already mentioned it on odd occasion be a while yet mind!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
My be a dumb Question but what is the benefit of the adjustable them being adjustable?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I'm guessing if you have a lowered car you can shorten them, which reduces the strain put on them.
Thanks given by:
Also, with the rose design, prevents the annoying spinning ball joint..
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I've heard the ball joint can sometime spin...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 03:24 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: I want to know about this project.

Start saving pennies, when I tell you about it, you might just have enough ready Angel
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 06:07 PM)Scott Wrote: I'm guessing if you have a lowered car you can shorten them, which reduces the strain put on them.

surly by lowering the car puts less strain on them as they arnt pushing on the ARB so much Confused

Thanks given by:
Mate if it's going to be that much, I at least want to know if it one going to work on our cars and too what it will do. And penny's are saved lol.
Thanks given by:
The lower the car is, the longer the drop links need to be to keep the ARB in the correct position. Also as each side is independently adjustable you can adjust the roll centre to account for chassis flex over time, and weight bias given that the driver sits on one side and therefore puts more preload on the ARB on one side.

As Philip said in his guide to fitting them, ever noticed your car turn one way "easier" than the other? these help adjust the ARB to make the car corner evenly.

Mainly though they're length adjustable so lowered cars don't pop joints anywhere near as often.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tbh id expect a punch in the face when prices are worked out on this "project" but rest assured it makes allot of things allot easier! as ripp once said "if he is shocked at price of the arms wait till he hears price of the *********"
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 07:17 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: The lower the car is, the longer the drop links need to be to keep the ARB in the correct position. Also as each side is independently adjustable you can adjust the roll centre to account for chassis flex over time, and weight bias given that the driver sits on one side and therefore puts more preload on the ARB on one side.

As Philip said in his guide to fitting them, ever noticed your car turn one way "easier" than the other? these help adjust the ARB to make the car corner evenly.

Mainly though they're length adjustable so lowered cars don't pop joints anywhere near as often.

I see, i wasnt sure if i was working it right in my head lol, is it a noticeable upgrade?

Thanks given by:
Absolutely. Regret selling my own set on now, am looking at getting another set made up.

The most noticeable difference is the more solid feel to the front end imo, especially when changing direction
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmm may have to get my hands on some,

Ripp fancy doing me a set Tongue

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rose jointed droplinks Hdi and proud of it 18 4,008 23-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Gti6 droplinks procta 12 1,720 15-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Jiffy
  New rose joints for droplinks MCH 5 3,374 05-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Last Post: MCH