She's a lot more smokey now after overheating =/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
She's a lot more smokey now after overheating =/
Right, had a rough night the other night when the Fiesta overheated quite badly. The thermostat gasket gave in while I was on the motorway, lost all my coolant and the car overheated quite badly. All the thermstat housing internals melted (shitty stupid plastic design). Obviously I pulled over and turned the car off as soon as I saw the temp....steam everywhere as you would expect. Anyway, spent the day changing the thermostat/housing (as it's all one piece on the Fiesta), and now everything works as it should again.

Problem I have noticed now is that the car seems to be a lot more smokey since this has happened, especially off boost....had an almost XUDish cloud of smoke when I pulled off in first this morning lol. And when driving, when you put your foot down there's definitely a bit more smoke coming out the back. The coolant level is now fine, the oil level is fine and theres no oil/water mixing or anything.

Any ideas why it's doing this? Is this going to be related to the car overheating? I'm awfully aware of damage that may have been caused to the head when overheating. Car is a 1.4 tdci Ford Fiesta (2007).

Muchos Gracias xxx
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you changed the oil? Turbo is pretty dependent on good oil as they often clog up and die of starvation on the dv lumps. And with the frantic increase in temp may have weakend the oil or seal some where? Never had a problem with the 207 (dv lump) first iv heard of thermostat crapping itself
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I havn't changed the oil no as it's been full since I bought it. Although giving it an early service wouldn't do it any harm. Yeah I thought it could be a seal caused by the temp increase but unsure which one. Would of thought the turbo seal would fudge the turbo/spit oil out the exhaust? Although saying that it would be hard to tell as its got a hiddn turn down pipe behind the back bumper...car still boosts fine though....does this rule out the turbo seal?
Thanks given by:
Never worked on one of these engines so not sure if my idea will be at all relevant, but did you have to remove much to change the thermostat and housing? Just wondering if there's any chance you have forgotten to plug something back in or reconnect any pipes which may now be giving sensors wrong readings....
Thanks given by:
Had to remove the battery, battery tray, panel filter and all the intake pipes and just the thermostat housing then....nothing oil related really which is why I'm not sure like
Thanks given by: