205 xud7 problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 xud7 problems
Well ive been running my bosched 205 with standard boost (12psi) for awhile now and its been fine, i got to the turbo to turn it up the other day and wound it right in, took it out and it boosted up to 22psi, bit high with no intercooler as the temps shot up

It was using a tank of water in just a couple of hours

So today i turned the fueling down a bit to try and restrict the boost, filled it up with water and took it for a spin, now boosting 17psi, but the temps are still shooting up, and when I got back i opened the bonnet and nearly all the water was gone again!

So i filled it with water again and just tried revving it with the bonnet up by hand to see if i could see anything, i turned the engine off and you could here the water boiling basically. I opened the cap and water spurted out

Is it f*cked?

I dont have much knowledge so dont really know whats going on

/help?

Thanks
Steve
Thanks given by:
More than likely the HG could have been weak/on its way out, and probably a fibre shit one, and the 22psi has lifted the head. It'll probably need a new head gasket/head skim now. You could try torquing the head down a bit more.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks, How would i go about torquing the head down more?
Thanks given by:
Get a breaker bar on the head studs, give them 20° or so, I doubt this will fix it though, get your spanners out and pull the head Smile
Thanks given by:
Literally wouldnt have a clue what i was doing!

Thanks though!
Thanks given by:
Where are you from?
Thanks given by:
Shrewsbury mate
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, common with the XUD7's apparently. XUD9 time Smile

P.S if you need any parts, I have a complete XUD7TE engine sat in the garage.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate,

I would xud9 it but im off travelling in 5 weeks so theres no point spending the money/time Sad
Thanks given by:
Defo head gasket mate. The "boiling" is the engine pressurising the coolant.

As dave said, get the head off and change the HG. Having said that it may well be easier, quicker and maybe cheeper just stick an xud9 in. Once you have factored in the cost of the head gasket set, skim, etc, you could just drop in a new engine.

The alternitive is to have the xud7 head off stricktlyderv and assuming the engine is in good order just bolt it on with a new gasket and not bother with the skim.

A head gasket change is quite an involded job but defo doable, I am halfway through mine, first ever head gasket and its not too difficult, just give yourself a day to strip down and a day to rebuild. Done
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I'm off travelling soon and already have a spare car and have no real mechanical skills myself so think I may just leave it

Thanks for everyone's input thou! Appreciated Smile

Steve
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD7, XUD9 and upgrade conrods assembled 4 2,232 10-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  Sumps XUD7 / XUD9 ginge191 7 2,116 04-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  xud7-xud9 head diffrences bashbarnard 8 2,473 09-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy