Piston seals HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piston seals HELP
Long story short my rear N/S brake is leaking from the piston. Its a 2002 HDI estate.

I might see if i can get a caliper but i think the quickest way is if i replace the piston seals as im assuming this is what is leaking. Has any one had the pistons out and replaced the seals? Any advise for how to do it, i have some experience with brakes from being a cycle mechanic, my guess is that it wont be too dis-similar. Also where to get the seals from and is there a part number that anybody knows? The guys at my local have been pretty useless when trying to get parts in there before.

Cheers guys n gals.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
look for big red on egay, thats your best bet. as far as advise on doing it, never done it, so dont know at all, sorry
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Give ginge a pm, he's just done his Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
no he hasnt, he did the sliders. i think.

anyway, think this might help

LINKY
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I sorted my front brake sliders out, never touched the piston after speaking to jonnyb.

I'd just replace the entire caliper - the faf of rebuilding the caliper is an absoloute PITA, ask jonnyb, not recommended if you can avoid it!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2012, 01:07 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I sorted my front brake sliders out, never touched the piston after speaking to jonnyb.

I'd just replace the entire caliper - the faf of rebuilding the caliper is an absoloute PITA, ask jonnyb, not recommended if you can avoid it!

i dont advise anybody to repair anything on any cars brake system. i know the parts are available from various places but as far as ai am concerned its too risky playing with brake components that could cause fatalities if you put it together wrong. for peace of mind buy a new /exchange one in a box thats been done properly and is tested before its boxed, comes with a guarantee and therefore a legal responsibility on the company that supplied it.

heres a thought; if you split a condom, would your partner be happy with you duct-taping it back together or using a halfords puncture repair kit to sort it out ????

no , i dont think so either so get a caliper sorted and sleep happily.......
Thanks given by:
caliper was the quickest and cheapest option anyway so ive got myself one now and it should be going on tonight. cheers for the help guys.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by: