Stage 1 benefits?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 1 benefits?
(21-06-2012, 07:32 PM)TheCrimson Wrote: you mean the outside one or the one inside the pump?

Inside one? you on a Bosch or lucus?

Bosch fuel outside turn clockwise to in cress fuel
Lda spring setting anti clockwise to raise
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Lucas, I thought it was just a allen bolt inside, no retaining nut to tighten up afterwards?
Thanks given by:
Done! It was a bit fiddly to begin with but very easy once you know what you are looking at!
I tweaked it a bit and felt a slight improvement but wasnt fully satisfied to did it again to tweak it some more. I still don't feel like its 120-130bhp but its definitely a lot better!
I do have a slight injector leak (you can see around a couple of injectors it has weeped slightly) so it may be to do with this. So thats my next plan to fix before doing any more.

So glad I did it now.

After a few miles of hard driving it did smell fairly hot, not sure if this was brakes, clutch or something else getting hot, so I will need to keep an eye on this!
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2012, 07:51 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(21-06-2012, 09:50 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Surely if you increase injection duration per cycle, then on a mech pump you are chucking in more fuel per rpm regardless of wherever you're using it or not, so if you're not on boost you're just throwing it away.

It just doesn't work like that, you're thinking petrol... If you inject MORE fuel, the achieved power goes up, that's how diesels work, you cannot inject more fuel and it not produce more power without smoking...

So if what you said was the case, you'd end up doing 100mph because you turned up the max fuel screw... If it's smoking, then yes, you're wasting fuel...

My car at 175hp, still returns 55mpg on a run, if you're moving on down the motorway, sort of 80-85, it might drop to 50mpg, that's with a f*cked head gasket and bent connecting rods...

I understand the logic, but I can only go on my mpg which I record and I just can't achieve 50+ on runs - could well be secret smoking as running on bio which doesn't smoke as much as dino. Is there a better way to set up the pump other than by visible smoke out the back? Sorry getting a bit off topic ...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage 1/stage 2 whats the difference? general tuning questions midge 5 2,786 19-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard