URGENT ADVICE: top engine mount broke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT ADVICE: top engine mount broke
Well i got the engine out of the 6 today and found this

[Image: 100_5322.jpg]
[Image: 100_5323.jpg]

Has anyone else had this problem and what is the best way to fix it? replace the whole mount or weld a cup in to the existing? or is she destin to be broke for parts?
Thanks given by:
its repairable, look on the '6 forum, theres a thread on there that some was doing repair cups for them, i forget the user name, but maybe Ed or someone will
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
will have a look on there now thanks mate Smile

sam is it daveyboy on the 6 forum that does them? im not a member on there can someone get me his contact number? Smile
Thanks given by:
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread....631&page=1

theres one

and here's daveyboy's one

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread....625&page=1

i cant pm as im not a paid member, i just registered so i can see pics. but he runs R H Davey Welding Supplies in Southampton, and a quick google comes up with this:
http://www.ihampshire.co.uk/profile/4634...R-H-Davey/

i think if you cantact him he should be able to send you the repair peice then you can get it welded in yourself, seeing as you wont be able to get from brum to southampton lol

hope that helps

Thanks given by:
My DT did this, I just made a template from card that fitted into the bottom of the mount perectly, I then cut that out of 3mm steel plate drilled the hole in the correct place and welded a nut to the back and then welded it into the bottom of the mount, job done Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Dammit Samass, I was on this like a tramp on chips, just about to post Daveyboy's chassis repair thread and you've already done it!

I am however a fully paid member of the '6 forum (I got so fed up with not being able to contact members when I was looking for another '6), so I'd be more than happy to pm him for you if you want... Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2012, 07:16 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Dammit Samass, I was on this like a tramp on chips, just about to post Daveyboy's chassis repair thread and you've already done it!

I am however a fully paid member of the '6 forum (I got so fed up with not being able to contact members when I was looking for another '6), so I'd be more than happy to pm him for you if you want... Smile

You snooze, you lose Tongue

Thanks given by:
(21-06-2012, 06:51 AM)mark_airey Wrote: My DT did this, I just made a template from card that fitted into the bottom of the mount perectly, I then cut that out of 3mm steel plate drilled the hole in the correct place and welded a nut to the back and then welded it into the bottom of the mount, job done Wink

Mark is here any chance you could help me do this as it has happened to mine?
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2012, 11:48 AM)D@wson Wrote: Mark is here any chance you could help me do this as it has happened to mine?

Yeah if you remove the engine first.................... can't get my welder in otherwise!

I did it while i was swapping engines last time round sorry fella! You will have to find someone nice that would be able to do it for you!

Plus I don't like doing things like this on other peoples cars in case something goes wrong!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the help lads Big Grin rep yor way Smile

Ed i have got chris to pm him my number on the 6 forum as im not a paid member Smile

When i sin the cradle i was thinking time to break her Sad looks like she will survive tho Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Rite looks like im going to have to make myself a cradle repair kit as daveyboy doesnt do the diy kits anymre Sad
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 05:47 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Rite looks like im going to have to make myself a cradle repair kit as daveyboy doesnt do the diy kits anymre Sad

I wasn't sure he did, will have to make my own too.
Thanks given by:
Any good fabricators will be able to repair/make something for that.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I can make it and weld it in just a pita as wanted it done quick will just put me a week of so behind on fitting the engine Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top engine mount cradle repair rd070707 9 1,724 27-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii