f*ck you all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
f*ck you all
That's right, f*ck you all, you FCS12 attending barstewards. Want to see my pics from the weekend?

Here's the car being examined by the AA guy at Southwaite services. His incident report just said the word "modified" a lot and he didn't look best pleased that I didn't have a coolant bleed point on the heater matrix pipes, what with not even having any heater matrix pipes. He did a sniff test though that confirmed that yes, something between the block and head had gone and no, it wasn't going to make it more than about a mile without spewing up all its coolant again.

[Image: DSCF1986.jpg]

Once he decided he couldn't tow it, what with the lows and all that (which by the way, took about 5 seconds of him going "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, nope") he phoned in for a flat bed to come get it.

It also wouldn't fit on the flat bed. So it's 11pm, having left home at 6pm and only managing 106 miles exactly, and i've had enough, so I tell him to f*ck the bumper and just load it up. Cue lots of damaged paintwork and me signing waivers and FINALLY, at just about 12.30pm, we set off to my parents' house in Blackpool with a view to try and bodge something together with Mr Airey the next day.

[Image: DSCF1987.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1988.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1989.jpg]

So, the next day arrives, I run up to Halfords and get some horrible, horrible shit called Holts Wondarweld and nearly vomit when I open the bottle. It's nasty, filthy stuff but, with Mark's knowledgeable attitude of "f*ck it, just kill it" we fill the coolant system and add half a bottle for a dilution of 5%, the maximum recommended.

Doesn't work. Red shit everywhere, coolant still bubbling. Thermostat removed, engine stayed cold for ages but upon revving to a mere 1500rpm the thing empties itself all over my dads drive and turns it a real red oxide colour. Which he is NOT best please about.

I cry, Mark cries, everyone cries.. and Mark leaves me.

Ash23 on here dropped me a PM saturday night to say he had a decent head I could have for next to nothing but I didn't see it til Sunday morning. Cue frantic texting and phone calls to find Ash and see if he'd brought it with him and purely by chance he did. Mark, the nice lad that he is, ran it back to Blackpool along with a T55 torx bit, a breaker bar and an injector socket. Game on.

Old head

[Image: DSCF1994.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1995.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1996.jpg]

And an all too familiar sight

[Image: DSCF1997.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1998.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2001.jpg]

Finished it at 7pm last night, bit of a hiccup bleeding the fuel pump but got there eventually. Left it idling for half an hour and not a peep out of the header tank. Job done, all fixed, home time. Sat bang on 83deg all the way up the motorway.

Bit ghey and soppy of me but massive thanks to everyone who helped me get home. Mark for his expertise and tools, Scott for hunting down Ash, Ash for taking the head on what I presume was the off chance that I'd want it...

You fellas really are a lovely bunch. f*ck you all for enjoying yourselves without me, but thanks a bunch for helping me get home. Legends.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What a pullava! Glad it's all sorted though mate, whose up for doing our own FCS again next weekend?!
Thanks given by:
Well thanks mate, we all had a fab weekend in the rain Tongue

Really pleased to hear this is all fixed now, was gutted for you when I heard the story! I was really looking forward to seeing her at FCS, looks lush!!

Fingers crossed this is the last of your problems for a while!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Love you too

Seriously, gutted for ya but at least it's all sorted now!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Last of my problems? Nah Kimmie, i'm screwing the pump at the weekend lmao
Thanks given by:
You was lucky I made it to the show as I had ashes head a mear 16hours previous! Or else itl have been an entirely different story
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
lmao who's head was it then?
Thanks given by:
It was ashes but I'd borrowed it for mocking the T25 it was down to the day if I was going to the show or not haha

Thanks given by:
What a PITA lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gaylord!

Glad it's fixed though mate Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Farks sake! Yeah was just a massive bit of luck tbh. Would have never got home if it wasn't for a strange turn of events.
Thanks given by:
It was actually quite strange how it all fell into place actually. I'd been looking for Ash all day, walked back to the car early in the afternoon and saw two guys talking, and asked if they knew Ash, and it just happened I'd asked the man himself! Then obviously Mark had all the tools and whatnot too.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't happened to have been me and him at the time? Just gave the head back!

Thanks given by:
I know, majorly lucky turn of events. Was a mental day yesterday, didn't get back to Glasgow til 10.30pm and had to be up at 6.30am for work.

What a shit way to spend 5 days off work!
Thanks given by:
Least you should be able to know it like the back of your hand now!

Thanks given by:
Could well have been buddy! I met a lot of people over the weekend and unfortunately didn't actually get everyone's names :/
Thanks given by:
Aye true Jenks, i'm an expert in these engines now. Lots of mistakes learned the hard way! Head's been off three times, two gaskets, pump change, turbo change, all in the space of a couple of months! Talk of a steep learning curve!
Thanks given by:
Such a shame mate was looking forward to seeing this one Smile at least you sorted it out though.

Plus seeing as we was 7m short on the stand there wouldn't of been any room for your wheels. Hard enough to get in car anyway.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
We actually had to change the layout last minute a couple of times. We arranged on Saturday to have Puglove's car on the front (moved up from row 2) once we found out Chris wasn't able to make it, so Chris would have been fine fitting in if he was there Smile
Thanks given by:
You have no idea how gutted I was to leave you in blackpool but there was no way on earth we could even bodge that! It was fooked lol Good to have met you finally although not the best of circumstances.........at least its all sorted now, I want my tools back Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
great effort mate!

to be fair, me and scott were talking about you and mark on the M1 and were saying if mark couldn't bodge it, there's no chance!

nice to see a quick head change and it all sorted! Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I was prepared to out-bodge mark by filling it with that horrible red stuff, even he looked concerned about doing that!
Thanks given by:
put in a chocolate egg. it worked on top gear so must be true....
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
^^Rofl
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wait wait wait wait...

Have you bypassed the heater matrix hoses?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2012, 08:23 PM)Ruan Wrote: Wait wait wait wait...

Have you bypassed the heater matrix hoses?

No ruan, they are blocked, not linked, I checked this Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Blocked does the same thing, that's why it overheated until the thermostat opened.

It just boils the SHIT out the head until the block heats up and the thermostat opens... As I've said before, you CAN'T do aanything to the heater matrix pipes, it's finely balanced...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
has no stat in it!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Ehh it does have a stat. And it hasn't overheated since fitting the new head, hasn't even got over 85degrees...
Thanks given by:
Be REALLY careful... That's more than likely to cook the shit out the head before the thermostat opens, but naturally the thermostat (and therefore the temperature sensor) won't notice it...

Think about it, where does the water go until the thermostat opens... It just sits blocked up behind the thermostat... That's half the reason for the heater matrix, is to keep the water moving round until the stat opens.
Thanks given by: