3dr project plans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3dr project plans
So I don't know who's seen my new user post, but for those of you that don't know, I purchased my first car last month. A silver 5dr 1.8 meridian and I'm not going to lie I love it! ( apart from the fuel economy!!) But I'm really taken with the Diablo red 3dr! So I'm thinking of doing an engine swap ( unless I can find a 3dr diablo red 1.8) so I'm just wondering really on what its going to cost me more or less? Labour costs won't be too high as my best mates dad owns a garage so I'd get him to do it, the same with spraying and body repairs if needed. Do you guys think its worth doing? Or should I just buy a DT or Hdi? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Definitely don't try and buy a 3 door phase 3 diablo.... Because I'm looking for one and don't need the competition.

Tbh I wouldn't bother with the swap. Just buy the right one in the first place. Tbh I'd recommend the DT or hdi over the 1.8. Its expensive to do anything with it and its not efficient...

Out of interest how many miles do you get out of a full tank? I struggle to get 280 out of mine.
Thanks given by:
Used to get between 400-450 to a tank in my 1.8 lol... Yours isn't exactly standard though!

I agree though, don't bother swapping engines, there were plenty of diablo 3drs about with 1.8s and HDis so not sure how they've become so few and far between now. Confused
Thanks given by:
Keep it as it is mate

And save for a 6/rallye Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2014, 05:50 PM)SRowell Wrote: Definitely don't try and buy a 3 door phase 3 diablo.... Because I'm looking for one and don't need the competition.

Tbh I wouldn't bother with the swap. Just buy the right one in the first place. Tbh I'd recommend the DT or hdi over the 1.8. Its expensive to do anything with it and its not efficient...

Out of interest how many miles do you get out of a full tank? I struggle to get 280 out of mine.
Haha yeah I would of thought you'd found one by now! I get between 250 - 300 depending on how much I put my foot down [emoji12] just out of interest what's the top speed of the 1.8?
(22-12-2014, 07:08 PM)7057sam Wrote: Keep it as it is mate

And save for a 6/rallye Smile
I was thinking about it but I've got points from speeding on a 125cc so my insurance is sky high! Not sure how I managed to insure a 1.8 as my first car tbh!
(22-12-2014, 06:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Used to get between 400-450 to a tank in my 1.8 lol... Yours isn't exactly standard though!

I agree though, don't bother swapping engines, there were plenty of diablo 3drs about with 1.8s and HDis so not sure how they've become so few and far between now. Confused
I certainly don't get that much! And mine is standard..
Thanks given by:
How do you speed on a 125? Tongue

I really don't see how people get such poor mpg from these, I averaged 35mpg give or take on every tank. Sounds like you're doing almost half that! Sure you haven't got a fuel leak!?

Also top speed is about 115mph, not that I ever tried it of course. Itwasntme I really don't recommend it in a 306 though! lol
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2014, 09:21 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How do you speed on a 125? [emoji14]

I really don't see how people get such poor mpg from these, I averaged 35mpg give or take on every tank. Sounds like you're doing almost half that! Sure you haven't got a fuel leak!?

Also top speed is about 115mph, not that I ever tried it of course. Itwasntme I really don't recommend it in a 306 though! lol
Well I was only doing 47 in a 30 [emoji53] and I might do I haven't really looked tbh, it doesn't go down if I leave it so the tank isn't leaking at least? Ahah.

And 115? I may have hit 125 the other day! Not sure how much my speedo lies though but it seems fairly accurate to other cars.. And tbh it felt fairly stable at that!
Thanks given by:
speedo's can lie a hell of a lot, mine reads 115 wheras the tomtom reads 105 or so lol (only on a private test track - and it takes a fair few miles to get to that LOL)
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
why in the hell would you wana do 125mph?!? ANYWHERE bar a track!?

maybe you should stick with the 1.8 for a while until you learn some driving manners.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm sticking with the 1.8 anyway? Or getting a DT or hdi which are slower? And tbh just wanted to see what it got to, was like 3 in the morning on the straightest bit of A500 I could find
Thanks given by:
Come on Piggy, we were all young and curious once. Tongue Or wanted to show up our know-it-all mate that a 1.8 XS doesn't do 130mph and isn't faster than a modified Golf. Itwasntme I don't condone it, and its certainly not legal, but I bet we've all tried it at some point tbh. Don't tell me you didn't even try out the 106 NAD top speed? 95mph downhill on the speedo. lol

It won't have been 125mph in real life, speedo is way off up there lol, take a sat nav next time you're on a private road. Wink
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah will do!
Thanks given by:
Everyone has done a top speed test in any car they own or just me I may be the only one but when your out at stupid o clock in the morning and no one else around you'll try it.
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't know anyone with a long enough private road to try it otherwise I would of done it there ahaha
Thanks given by:
You don't need a longer road, you need a faster car. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Hahah yeah that's true!
Thanks given by: