Odd intermittent issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd intermittent issue
Last few times I've been driving the car, there is a disturbing amount of white smoke coming out the exhaust. It happens pretty much every time I start it up and sometimes goes away after a few seconds, some times it doesn't. Now, if there is this smoke and turn off the ignition and start it up again, there isn't any smoke at all. The car itself starts up fine and runs smoothly (well for a diesel), so not sure really too sure what it is.

Jonny reckons it's gasket issues, something to do with water getting into the system when its under pressure, I dunno something along those lines lol

As I said, the car seems to be running fine when it happens, so it strikes me as a bit odd. Just wondering what thoughts are?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Just to clarify my thoughts, I reckon your HG is blown between the water jacket and a cylinder.

But I reckon it's only leaking a teeny tiny bit, and the cylinder pressure when it's running is enough to stop the water getting into the cylinders.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Jonny is probably right here, does it pressurise the coolant? This happened with mine when I cracked my head Confused although hopefully it wont be that!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I get chronic white smoke at startup and pressurized coolant when warm. I know it's head gasket related but isn't enough of an issue to bother me at this moment in time!
Thanks given by:
does it pressurize the coolant when running at all? Because I know it didn't do!

I'm getting sick of this f*cking car lol

BTW as per my text, your tax disc and MOT are both sat here!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I don't know what you mean by pressurising coolant? How do I tell?

lol well maybe if you looked after it on your drive instead of neglecting it, we wouldnt be in this situation!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I wasn't mine, you know this, I was looking after it Tongue

I will have a look after you drive to mine tomorrow in it Smile better fooking not be though!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:Just to clarify my thoughts, I reckon your HG is blown between the water jacket and a cylinder.

It's this, true story Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
c.gerrard Wrote:I don't know what you mean by pressurising coolant? How do I tell?

Open the rad cap after a rag, and if you get scolded then it's pressurizing. I.e it tries to throw it all out the expansion tank when u take the cap off!
Thanks given by:
"After a rag" No one rags cars, we all look after our cars and never EVER race, corsa's and saxos etc...

lol Will have a look into 2mra. Hopefully it'll be fine, when i drove into work there was white smoke, but when i started it up to leave work, there wasn't any.
Thanks given by:
c.gerrard Wrote:"After a rag" No one rags cars, we all look after our cars and never EVER race, corsa's and saxos etc...

lol Will have a look into 2mra. Hopefully it'll be fine, when i drove into work there was white smoke, but when i started it up to leave work, there wasn't any.

there was. not massive amounts but it was definitely white.

it is pressurising the coolant but no more than I'd normally expect.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Oh, didn't notice any from where I was sat.

At least its not effecting the car that much. It was hilarious earlier, this guy in a rover 45 pulled out of the petrol station in front of me and tried to burn me off, he was chugging out so much black smoke, but I completely f*cked him over Big Grin
Thanks given by: