Prometheus *Spoiler alert*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prometheus *Spoiler alert*
er... just got back from seeing this and dont really know what to think. The quality of the film was epic and i only picked up on one slight mistake but there are so many questions!

Wondered if anyone has seen this and what you thought of it!
Thanks given by:
Seeing it this week. Can't wait.
Thanks given by:
I was looking forward to this bit was quite disappointed. What was the mistake you saw? Mine was the fact that the simulation of earth in the big hall showed the plates had moved to their current position instead of Pangea or somthing
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:I was looking forward to this bit was quite disappointed. What was the mistake you saw? Mine was the fact that the simulation of earth in the big hall showed the plates had moved to their current position instead of Pangea or somthing

mmmm yep i guess that was a mistake unless the simulation updated itself to the present day. Also im sure most people have no idea about Pangea anyway!

The mistake i picked up on was that the Rose was about 2 foot long when the guy was giving it to the girl but then in a later shot it was in a tiny vase on the table! D:

Also SPOILER when the girl gets the weird thing inside her and she goes on the operating machine it says its calibrated for male only. Isnt this the womans machine? I presume it is in fact calibrated for her father the old guy! Im good with character names as you can tell!
Thanks given by:
Hopefully watching this tonight (2for1 tuesday FTW) A mates told me it helps if you know the first Alien film well too!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:The mistake i picked up on was that the Rose was about 2 foot long when the guy was giving it to the girl but then in a later shot it was in a tiny vase on the table! D:

Could have just trimmed the rose down..... You know like you do when you put it in water?

Also haven't seen this yet. Really want to. Might go tomorrow Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Pete Wrote:Hopefully watching this tonight (2for1 tuesday FTW) A mates told me it helps if you know the first Alien film well too!

it vaguely helps but there is a good two films between the end of Prometheus and the start of alien!
Thanks given by:
Too many questions left unanswered for me, felt that the story line could have perhaps given a little more as it was quite vague/ lacking in certain areas..
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
n0v0s Wrote:Too many questions left unanswered for me, felt that the story line could have perhaps given a little more as it was quite vague/ lacking in certain areas..

this.

there was too much going on with no answer to why.

spoilers

Why did David "Poisen" that guy. And why did he take back those canisters any way with all the safe guards and decontamination procedures?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
from what ive read online the majority of the odd things that David does is because he is under instruction from the rich guy. He didnt want to poison the other guy. he was just told to do it. I agree with others that there was a lot going on with not much reason and too many questions.

All of the tech in this film was very good though!
Thanks given by:
Srowell - I think the thread name should have some sort of spoiler warning in it too

i watched it in 3d and i must say, the special effects were awesome!

*Spoilers* -

The sciency shit in the film though isn't terribly accurate though. Which lets it down somewhat but then the mass audience isn't likely to give one..

If you remember back to the discussion David has with that dude just before he puts the black goo drop into his drink.. the guy is a bit of a prick to him... talks down to him etc and kinda appears to influence Davids decision to infect him - as if it then becomes justified .. David asks something like 'how far would you go to get what you came here for' .. and the dudes reply re-affirms Davids instructions.

David also seems quite childish - kinda like he wants to see what will become of that guy after infecting him. Being a droid he shouldn't have been influenced by the how that guy responded to him, but it does - which shows theres more to his 'character' than just an obedient 'robot' ...

I think he had an idea as to what the canister were all about, seeing as he was able to open the doors and knew what the earlier goo was by inspecting it.

I can't say i've ever been compelled to double think a film much before, but this film kinda pisses me off in the way it leaves a lot of the plot up to multiple interpretations Hmm
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
wouldnt mind seeing it again tbh!
Thanks given by:
Thread title edited just in case Wink
Thanks given by:
Just seen this.

I thought it was very good.

The medical table is calibrated for Mr Weyland and not his daughter.

David (Michael Fassenbender) is by far the best character. In all the Alien films the androids have a common link they are all interested in the human condition and how it works and what it like to be a human. In Alien it drives the robot to do terrible things and kill crew members. In the second it allows the robot to protect the humans and do amazing things.

David having spent years on the ship by himself and watching the dreams of the crew, starts to understand the human condition of emotions. You can see this when Mr Weyland says he is amazing in one sentence, makes david smile, but in the next it says he will never be human as he has no soul, at which point the smile goes.

He is like a child wanting to learn about things and goes to the extremes to find out what he wants to know. Hence the poisoning, the killing of his father and setting up the girl to get pregnant.

The bit that annoys me, is that they would have done the whole prequal in one film, but now the Alien at the end needs to get to where the Giants are from.
The planet where his film is set, is not the same planet where Alien and Aliens is set.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  motorbikers alert - new dream bike Piggy 18 2,658 01-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Norledge
  Nerd alert - what is this material? silverzx 23 8,687 24-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  SWAMPY ALERT PUGNUT_XS 5 1,998 04-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum