Airbag Light

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbag Light
Ive changed my interior to the half leather GTI6 interior, and when changing it, i noticed that the new seats only had 2 plug on the bottom, so there was no where for me to plug the earth, but on my old seats there was a bit where i could plug all three...

for a while my airbag light was flashing, then i went to france in my car and it stopped for about a month almost, then recently its come back on :? when it stopped flashing, the earth still wasn't connected... sometimes the light will be off, and as soon as someone sits in the seat, it will come on

im sure this has been discussed before, but i need a little help Confusedhock:
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
just a loose connection? Did your old seats have airbag stamped on the side and the new ones dont? There isnt an earth on the ones without side airbags so i presume its just a loose connection on the pretensioners. Im sure someone will come along and tell you about putting resisistors in the spare plugs Smile
Thanks given by:
^^ I would also be checking the pre-tensioner connections under the seats Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
this might help

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=466
Thanks given by:
My new ones don't have nothing stamped on the side but on the bottom them have a sticker for side airbags... What's the pretensioner? On the drivers seat there is a orange wire which gets caught behind the back of the seat, so when you fold it forward to get into the back, it pulls on the cable a lot...
Thanks given by:
On that link, mine has the orange and red connections, but no where for the yellow one to go...
Thanks given by:
Even with the earth not connected, would it always flash? Or does the earth not have to be connected for it to stop flashing?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airbag light issues C2K 7 2,337 30-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: C2K