Oh Noes! Window Gremlins. Help ASAP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Noes! Window Gremlins. Help ASAP
So get up this morning and its chucking it down get in the car with the mrs ready to take her to work. Turn the ignition on and her window starts to wind itself down ever so slowly snails pace. So I think shit press the switches on my side to stop it and nothing. So I press my switch and mine moves about an inch and stops also at a snails pace. So I think meh I'll drive her to work anyway and just change the fuse. So she gets soaked with rain and I get home and change the fuse. Change the fuse and BAM blows again. So I have cling filmed the passenger side door like a boss and hopefully you guys can help. This has happened over night as they were fine last night at 7pm. I have done the drives side loom repair but it has been fine for months.

Phase 1 XRDT
Thanks given by:
French electrics ftw!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
With the rain, at a guess wiring has got a bit damp? Pull the window switches out and give them a good bloody cleanup, that would be my first port of call.

Could be something in there causing it to short out
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a short circuit somewhere
As for where I dont know but they're renown to go in the door loom as its moving every time you open the door
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Managed to get it back up made an earth and a live from the back of the stereo and connected it to the motor and wound it fully up. Its defiantly a wiring issue as the fuse is going so its shorting somewhere. It is effecting both sides so I will crack both looms off and have a look. Smile I have checked the switches and I think its unlikely I will have 4 broke alternative switches. Big Grin I'll keep you up dated.

Thanks for the suggestions Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Couple of Gremlins! C.A.R. 4 1,371 07-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rocker8742
  Electric gremlins happypug 5 1,807 24-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Last Post: happypug
  How's this for electrical gremlins... samass 17 4,108 30-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: samass