Sigma 5dr 1.9 XUD Project Dyno Results Included

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 5dr 1.9 XUD Project Dyno Results Included
really like that yellow block, had my doubts when you first started painting it, but with it all back together yellow and silver looks so good!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Finally she is up and running, on literally the evening before I'm off to the Nurburgring lol

We worked out earlier that from having a completely bare, honed block it took us 2 weekends and 10 evenings to get to the stage where we are now. Absolutely foooked, but an amazing effort considering how much we've got done!

All seemed to go together well. Had a pretty monumental oil leak, but that has been sorted now. Only cause for concern is that there seems a lot hissing coming from the rad cap. So if anyone has any thoughts on what that could be, it better not have blown the HG already!

Special exhaust.

Special catch tank.

Got '6 brakes fitted and looking epic (bit of a crap photo though)

Thanks given by:
very nice work mate..

thumbs up for the inblizzard work...... i dont even go into the barn when its below 4 degrees, or my nails wil break Wink
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right then, at long last finally a free evening to a proper right up of what has gone on with the car lately.

First and foremost, I was absolutely amazed that the engine has just covered 3,180 miles with no issues what so ever on our epic European road trip. I was crapping my pants going round the Nurburgring on an engine that had only covered about 800 miles lol Only have a bit of a leak from the rocker cover which has turned my nice new, shiny, yellow block black Sad

I've never done anything like this before and so to have everything go according to plan, chuffed to bits. I couldn't have done it on my own, so massive credit to Jonny for helping throughout Big Grin

List of what has been done:
Head skimmed
Valves lapped
Camshaft re-profiled
Crankshaft re-ground
Honed Block
New bearings all round
Re-furbed pistons
HDi Rods
TDO4
GTi6 brakes
EBC Green stuff
Oh, and it's yellow Smile

Near enough every single component on the engine is brand new or has been re-furbed, so the thing may have just rolled out the factory.

Short terms plans are to get the fueling sorted. It is currently set to fuel the previous set up, which was a not very smokey T2 @ 20 psi. The car already feels like it bloody well shifts and it had even been sorted yet, so I'm expecting the results to be pretty epic.

Initial thoughts on the turbo are that it seems to pull very well. The lag doesn't seem to be an issue to my style of driving. Only issues that I have so far are trying to rag it up hills and narrow, twisty roads. That was to be expected though.

I'm not sure if/when to front mount it. One issue is that with my current insurance policy, they will not cover me and in all honestly, it does not feel as if it is suffering from heat soak, so not looking into that at the moment.

Plans for the future:
Fit, EGT, oil temp + pressure gauges
GTi6 front and rear anti roll bar
Bilstein B8's all round
Full 3" exhaust
Lower strut brace

All in all, she is beginning to finally feel like the finished article for what I want and will hopefully treat her to quite a bit of track time this year, before the track car takes priority.
Thanks given by:
This project is exactly what im going for! Top work man! Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Love this car so much, it's gonna be epically fast when we finally sort it Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Thought it was about time to update this thread.

All in all, she has been really reliable lately. Had a few issues trying to get it through its MOT, but all that has been sorted now.

Some Koni rear shocks have gone on.

Also, just this evening Jonny and I finished getting my exhaust sorted. Unfortunately my back box hasn't arrived yet, so it's a 3" straight through, but with gay little 2.25" tail pipe on. Hoping to get it sorted for FCS.

I've dropped to 50 profiles on the tyres, but have not driven it yet, so will be interesting to see if they are any different.

A few pics:

Car in bits, day before a show, standard issue....

Old vs New

All clean and shiny for Pugfest Big Grin

Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
cool...sounds like proper tracker!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Much sound/power difference with the 3" bore?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha cheers!

Yeah, it has made quite a big difference.

Sound is much more of a deeper bellow and just carries on screaming.

Power, before was at 26psi and now I'm off the gauge on a 30psi one. Definitely one of the best mods worth doing.
Thanks given by:
having a turbo back 2.5" made on sunday, to a tip, currently running standard exhaust, with cat etc still in.
Thanks given by:
Ok, what turbo is it coming off? I'm sure it will be worth, did not realise quite how much of a difference it would make when exhaust is matched in properly!

In other news, got my exhaust fully sorted this evening Big Grin

Jonny was not too happy with welding the last bit on Sad But hopefully he will change his mind.

Could have painted it silver, but why not live a little, so red it is!

All fitted.
Thanks given by:
a k14 atm, will be something different soon enough though.
Thanks given by:
You fecking CHAV!!

Thanks given by:
thats frixkin huaaage
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I bet that sounds epic. Bigger is better.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Need sound videos of exhaust Wink

Thanks given by:
My god! 5" is killer!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Hoooollllyyyy mother of god!!!!

I could thumb my dick up there it's that big!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'll get some videos of it tomorrow, have not had a chance tonight.

It's absolutely brilliant Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Got round to getting a video sorted, doesn't quit do it justice, but enjoy anyways Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kBVp-dYy4w
Thanks given by:
Video is private?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Is it sorted now?

Don't understand the internet lol
Thanks given by:
video looks ace dude.. nice car!
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
That exhaust and sound is win!
For some reason I'm not sold on the visuals of this; don't think clones sit on the phase 2 too well.. Any plans for different wheels?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
SAY WHATTTTTT!!!!

Those clones are a match made in heaven.

I would like some different wheels though. Wanted some 205 ones for a while, then was massively tempted by Curt's a few weeks back and now I'm going through a banded steel phase.

Can't decide lol
Thanks given by:
Buy my banded steels so I can buy different banded steels
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Or........buy my minilites so I can buy pellowes steels. Pellowe what offset are they?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not too bad Smile Have you gov modded this yet?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,746 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Star JIMBOS ph3 xud Rolling road results Jimbo 178 27,804 22-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  Sigma ph1 dt. Project respray :) Stopped Cat flaming C underground375 44 8,202 22-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno