Sigma 5dr 1.9 XUD Project Dyno Results Included
I'm lazy, why can't you just copy a pic across? Big Grin

Is it in gloss or matt? I can't quite tell lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: y9u2asu9.jpg]
Sorry haven't got a better pic will try get one tomorrow if i remember
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
The novelty of having a boost gauge held in by gaffer tape got a bit old, so I got a nice new home for it.

Thanks given by:
schaweeet!

i wants one Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Better mind you dont blow the welds on the intake manifold with that boost gauge there y0
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 09:14 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Well, this is the state my car is currently in Sad

I thought whilst engine work needs doing, might as well take the opportunity to refurb the front and rear bumpers (and no i did not undo the bolts for the side panels thinking that they were for the bumper before you ask), there's a knackered hockey stick so that will be replaced as well, as well as as headlight that needs re-sealing (Jonny's fault!)

With a lot of help from Jonny, we got the Bosch pump fitted, which took longer than expected as the pulley bolt put a massive fight, bent one too many tools, so went and invested in a breaker bar Smile Just need to get an injector socket, fire seals and fuel injector hoses and then job done. The actual pump needs to be put back together properly, as Jonny thought it would be good a idea to take the head off and learn about the pump at my expense (DICK!!!) The issue is a sudden burst of power, instead of it being built up graduadly.

Hopefully that will sort out the massive white smoke I've been having, the car certainly starts a lot better than it did before. The timing of the engine is spot on, there was some initial excitment of thinking we found the problem, realised we were 180 degress out, turned the engine over a few more times and it was fine! Will have take it from there and if there's still smoke, the only major thing it could be is the head.
sorry its late but you said that it still smoke ? if it's white and your saying its timed right , the only thing it could be out by 1 nouch if you get my drift as i had same problem
Thanks given by:
That seems like ages ago to me lol Feels like I've been through a lot since then! Yeah, never really got to the bottom of what the issue was, tried x, y and z and nothing seem to fix it, so in the end just lost patience with that engine. It's currently completely stripped to be rebuilt, so was hoping to find something out of the ordinary along the way. But as you say, timing was probably the most likely reason, although I find it hard to believe.

Managed to get a few more bits and bobs done to my car lately.

Splitter:

OMP Trecento 300mm:

Also got some mud flaps fitted on the back and they actually look pretty epic! It keeps making me think of going down a proper rally look for the car.....
Thanks given by:
Steering wheel looks awesome! !

Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 07:37 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Steering wheel looks awesome! !

Very nice indeed.

How do i go about getting one of those in my car?

Does that thing in middle come seperate to the steering wheel?
Thanks given by:
Its pretty straight forward.

Choose a steering wheel. Then buy a boss, you can either pay £50 for genuine ones or I got mine for £20 from a field somewhere in Bulgaria lmao Then it's literally three bolts!

The bit in the middle comes with the boss.
Thanks given by:
That is a sexual steering wheel! Me likey!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 10:12 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Its pretty straight forward.

Choose a steering wheel. Then buy a boss, you can either pay £50 for genuine ones or I got mine for £20 from a field somewhere in Bulgaria lmao Then it's literally three bolts!

The bit in the middle comes with the boss.

Boss kit has a universal fit? How much am i looking to spend? Wheel + kit?
Thanks given by:
Not 100% sure, I wouldn't think so. Most websites ask for a model/car reg so if you just put that in, they should send you the right one!

As with any car part, it depends on you. I got a genuine OMP one, cost me £70 and that's quite cheap, others are near enough double that. You can get replica ones, which are cheaper though Smile As for the boss, as I said before I got mine for £20, but genuine ones are £50. So, for me it cost about £90. You can do it for cheaper and you can do for a hell of a lot more.
Thanks given by:
Not a great deal to report of late.

Got my engine back from the workshop during the week, so I've got a bit of a mad rush on to get that built up in time for the Nurburgring.

ITS YELLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Yellow is win.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mmmm, what could it be this time???

lol

Thanks given by:
lol

Stick the picture of the repair up Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Want to swap front ends Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
But is embarrassing Sad

(20-02-2013, 07:31 PM)puglove Wrote: Want to swap front ends Big Grin

Grrr, would be massively tempted!

But phase 2, but phase 1 arghhhhh
Thanks given by:
Im quite feeling the ph2 front end in sigma, you wouldnt want mine though, bonnet and hocky sticks are tatty, need i need to find a ph2 sigma in the scrappy Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
So had a bit of a shitter tonight.

Basically doing a complete and utter re-build, had quite a lot of work done, will do a proper right up when it's all done.

Everything was going well and then we noticed piston 3 was sitting flush. Grrrr.

Measured the rod and it is shorter than the rest.

Sodding thing is bent!!!!!!

Ahh well, trip the scrappers tomorrow and hopefully will be able to pick up some new ones and this time inspect them all thoroughly lol
Thanks given by:
Just got home and put the offending rod on a piece of graph paper, it's like a f*cking banana!

Ah well, at least we noticed Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Fortunately managed to get a set of rods from the scrappers this morning, tenner for the lot lol

So after a few issues along the way, the block is getting there. Rods, pistons, new bearings, oil pump, flywheel, clutch all been done.

Plans for tomorrow are to get sump on, get all the ancillaries sorted, bosch etc. Will have to wait till Monday for my head gasket/bolts to arrive and then that should be the block sorted.

Will also have to make up some turbo adapter plates, fit new brakes, '6 ARB, the list goes on Big Grin

I'm a bit pushed for time now, as I'm off to Scotland on Thursday, so basically got tomorrow and three evenings, to build an engine, fit it and get everything sorted. But with the mighty Jonny on my side, we should be fine Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Another successful day putting the engine back together.

We should have it all back together tomorrow night. A pretty full on evening consisting of; head on, pump mods, adapter plates and just generally getting the engine ready to drop in on Tuesday.

Thanks given by:
Shattered. Destroyed. Knackered.

But, the build is almost, almost there!!!

I'm very pleased with how the turbo has turned out. We couldn't be arsed with an adapter plate, so a magical weld appeared lol

There is still quite a lot get done. I'd like to take the car to Scotland on Thursday, so that would involve doing this tomorrow:
Weld a crack in the turbo
Fabricate some sort of exhaust
Inlet manifold
Leak off pipes
Starter motor
Flywheel cover
Coolant pipes
Oil filler
Oil filter
Wiring loom
Intake
Aux belt
Angle tighten head bolts
Catch tank
Engine hoist point
Attack the bulkhead

Then we will have to get the engine fitted and I've also got some new breaks to fit.

Failing that, we've got two more evenings before I'm off to the Nurburgring and Euro trip.

All fun and games!!
Thanks given by:
Epic progress to be done! Liking this a lot Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well, absolutely gutted that this won't be running tonight Sad

Unfortunately bent the torx bit when it came to angle tightening one of the head bolts, so hopefully it has not knackered head bolt too badly. Will have to find out on Tuesday when I'm back from Scotland.

We made amazing progress up until then though.
Weld a crack in the turbo - DONE
Fabricate some sort of exhaust - NOPE
Inlet manifold - GOOD TO GO
Leak off pipes - DONE
Starter motor - DONE
Flywheel cover - NOPE
Coolant pipes - DONE
Oil filler - DONE
Oil filter - DONE
Wiring loom - DONE
Intake - DONE
Aux belt - DONE
Angle tighten head bolts - BAD THING HAPPENED
Catch tank - NOPE
Engine hoist point - DONE
Attack the bulkhead - DONE

So this is the situation we're left in:

Fitting an engine in a blizzard, how's that for commitment lol

And just because I'm a photo slut, that is how clean the back of an XUD should be Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Scotland you say? Come say hello if you're around Glasgow at any point Smile
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could do mate, not sure, but might be near on Monday. I think you've got Jonny's number so I'll get him to get in touch to see if something can be arranged Big Grin
Thanks given by:
We're gonna be passing through twice, can't stop on the way North, but may be able to make a flying visit on Monday. I'll drop you a text if we'll be able to make it.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,745 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Star JIMBOS ph3 xud Rolling road results Jimbo 178 27,800 22-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  Sigma ph1 dt. Project respray :) Stopped Cat flaming C underground375 44 8,202 22-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno