Discovered loads of front body damage :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discovered loads of front body damage :(
Took off my old phase 2 bumper to fit my new phase 3 gti 6 one and discovered loads of body damage on the side of the shell! I knew the passenger side wing wasnt in properly when buying the car but I didnt know half of that side was bodged to fit! It must of had a big smash up and they managed to bodge in the side wing, light, hockey stick and bumper.

Do you think it would be possible to repair it?? Was thinking about sending it down the bodyshop when I have some cash. If worse comes to teh worst ill have to sell the car but its only done 81,000 miles

Cheers
Scott

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Nice job trying to seal the light to the wing there Doh

Not sure if I'm looking at it right but the chassis leg looks okay, so maybe someone just managed to rip the bumper off at some point or just took a side on knock just in front of the wheel. You could probably bend the mount back up without too much trouble
Thanks given by:
basically they filled the side of the light with mastic to try and seal the gap but i took it all out and positioned the light where it should be.

Just bits where u attach the bumper are bent and the side wing seems like it could be off a different car or its just not in right at all.
Thanks given by:
the bonnet rubs on the side where the wing is pushed right in
Thanks given by:
Yeah you can tell from the first photo the colour match is a little off. As said, you should be able to bend/knock those bits back into the correct place. Also if you are that fussed you could take off the wing and remount it, and that way things should start to line up a little better.
Thanks given by:
Same as my DT, brought thinking it was fine, then started noticing little things like "accident & repair" on the bumper, ph3 boot on a ph2, radiator f*cked. when we took my front bumper off it literally fell apart in my hands
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Yeah but yours is a T-plate, so Peugeot were rolling phase 3 at this point (even on a late s-reg). Hence why so many rallyes came with p3 boots and bonnets, but p2 headlights Wink

I had a p2.5 DTurbo which didn't have the black strip at the bottom of the boot but did have the rubber seal around the glass. Parts bin special y0!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Scott, cleared up the mystery of my car!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
dosnt look to bad atall. maybe a new slam panel and you could easly straighten the rest out your self. does not look like its took a massive knock to be honest

and dec. my old ph2.5 (Jammapics) had a ph3 boot and bonnet and that was an s reg . every thing els was ph2/2.5 go figger heh?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies! Yeah like you said puglove the slam panel is bent so thats what could prob be putting my lights out, bumper and maybe part of the wing?

Out of interest does anyone know what that plug does with the cable tie on?? it was left unplugged just hanging there...
Thanks given by:
Just a spare for your horn iirc

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Probably the alarm siren, looks like that's gone missing so it's a likely culprit!
Thanks given by:
U can tell its had an alarm fitted but they have made a professional job of it! All works fine. Stock one prob got removed.

Scott Wrote:Probably the alarm siren, looks like that's gone missing so it's a likely culprit!
Thanks given by:
i dont think there is to much of an issue there mate. dont bother taking it to a body shop. just get a local handy member to pop round and help you straghten it out and just replace the slam panel.

Thanks given by:
also im 99% sure that is the alarm plug hanging

Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Same as my DT, brought thinking it was fine, then started noticing little things like "accident & repair" on the bumper, ph3 boot on a ph2, radiator f*cked. when we took my front bumper off it literally fell apart in my hands

DID YOU BUY OR BRUY IT? YOU BOUGHT IT! NOT BROUGHT!!!
Thanks given by:
Funny you should mention this subject... I found alot of front end damage to my car jut the other day...
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Doesn't look good, but that should be pullled out easy Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:Funny you should mention this subject... I found alot of front end damage to my car jut the other day...

I found more to mine the week before!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:
Ben Jay Wrote:Funny you should mention this subject... I found alot of front end damage to my car jut the other day...

I found more to mine the week before!!

It's funny how it just appears so suddenly!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:It's funny how it just appears so suddenly!

Funny isn't the word I'd use tbh!!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OH NO!!! Front chassis leg damage. lpr1981 15 7,150 10-04-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  Keyed Car Damage Herby7 19 6,368 14-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Herby7
  More battle damage and a nasty scare Gaz85 18 3,177 20-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Gaz85